Rapper On a Budget!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Joey Bonez, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey Bonez

Joey Bonez Text Album dropping soon

Aight, I been doing this rap shit for a few years now, but now i wanna get serious about it...This is my equipment as of now...A computer, CEP, Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer, a Sony V220 mic ($20), a ghetto pop filter (panny hoes), and I use a lam as a mic stand (verrry ghetto)...my quality is straight as far as no hissing and shit in the background...but my question is how can i get cd quality cheap? I got a closet available right near my computer so I can make that into a booth...

I need to know the modle and price of these things that I need:
    Pre-Amp?
    MIC?
    POP FILTER?
    MIC STAND?
    and whatever else you think i need...

also is all this equipment compatible with any computer?

help me out...Im trying to stay in a money range of out 200 or so...you know something i could buy with Christmas money
    test
  2. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

christmas is a ways off...
    uh. if you want to stay in the 200 range, you'll be looking at...studio projects b1 condenser mic, and one of the cheaper behringer preamps probably. just find the cheapest mic stand a pop filter you can. and yea, it is all compatible with a computer, provided you have a soundcard...
    test
  3. Joey Bonez

stock sound card???

and will i have to have custom wires and shit to plug it in or does it come capible for computers?
    test
  4. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

stock soundcard...will do.

you can get all wires you need from radio shack.
    test
  5. Joey Bonez

aight thanx
    test
  6. BPINCpd

BPINCpd BP INC

I'd say try to go down to a guitar canter or local music center where they have pro audio schtuff and take a look around and see what you like. Plus u can ask the people there and they usully have a good an correct answer for you.
    test
  7. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

I would say buy some paper and a pencil and a oscilloscope at Radio Shack for 15 bones. Then record into the mic each syllable you want to say, attach the oscilloscope to the mic plug and look at the oscilliscope and redraw the wave it shows. Then find the analog to digital conversion math on the internet for free, and write down the wave's binary definition onto a piece of paper so you can save hard drive space and money. When your ready, retype the binary into the computer and save it as ImCheapAsFuckAndHaveNoDreamsOfBeingSerious.wav.

Once again, go here: http://www.ghetalion.com/news.php?id=63 and then go here http://www.musiciansfriend.com
    test
  8. BPINCpd

BPINCpd BP INC

^^ YEP

u can get some paper and a pencil and a oscilloscope at Radio Shack for $15????
    test
  9. Joey Bonez

Another question...

If i got a decent amp and decent mic with a stock sound card...is it gonna be a big difference if i upgraded to a better sound card?
    test
  10. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

prolly not a big difference.. but yeah there'll be a difference...
    test
  11. BPINCpd

BPINCpd BP INC

yea, if u have good shit but stock sound card, then u upgrade to like a Delta 44 you will see a difference.
    test
  12. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

yup mos def - lookin into gettin a delta 44 as soon as i got the money - then ill have nice quality but man - 200 dollars isnt gonna get you much - go on musiciansfriend.com and get the cheapest MXL condensor mic there is, then the cheapest pre-amp, then all the necessary mic accesories at their cheapest price - 200 is nothin man - an OKAY mic is gonna cost u 200...so ur budget is gonna leave u with lots to be desired
    test
  13. KhanDST

KhanDST New Member

haha man i love guitar center from a shoppers point of view but when it comes to answers haha alot of them guys are dumbasses so basically try to talk to producers one -on-one using aim so u can talk back and forht quickly and explain shit
    test
  14. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

agreed - but if u scount around guitar center, find a guy who is a hip hop head - most of them are like rock heads - but if u found a guy in hip hop he can give u great answers
    test
  15. BPINCpd

BPINCpd BP INC

Yea tru. Theres always a few dumbasses. But you can usually find one or two smart people. I love when they give u deals on shit too.
    test
  16. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

a better soundcard...aint gonna help ya dynamic.
    test
  17. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

this dude wants to buy a condensor, and we at BPINC got condensors
    test
  18. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

^^^okay. well we at MIC1THARULA have condenSERS. as well. we can spell their name correctly also. and we know what's up.
    test
  19. MC Dystinkt

MC Dystinkt AAAAAAIGHT!

If you were a rapper on a budget you wouldn't post on this message board AAAAAAAAAAIGHT
    test
  20. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.