Rapmusic.com Battle League Lounge Wk1

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by KroniK, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

Twin, you could be a lightweight champ if you practice a little more
    test
  2. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

You definitly need to be signed in to vote tho... or even post in a battle thread at all for that matter. Unregistered members can browse threads and discuss them freely in the lounge.

or maby not..
    test
  3. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

Am I not signed -in? I lose track.
    test
  4. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

lmao, took me two seconds..... oh while you're talking about my skill level

That's from your thread begging OTBVA guys to battle down here :)
    test
  5. Extreme Venom

^^ You do audio?.... or just text?

The rbl is a paid text league.. probly the only one on the net.. but I'm considering allowing heads to have accapelle battles as well.. I need to know how many people acctually can spit thier lyrics tho...
    test
  6. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

I can. I've attended a few open mics with Mista Freeze. Ask em about me, when and if he ever gets back on.
    test
  7. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

Just text and I've only done four battles so far (one being pretty much a keystyle battle), I've never even tried to rap tbh. I'm just a fan of battling that found this place and saw text battles and decided to get involved.
    test
  8. DDocBasedGod

DDocBasedGod New Member

bullshit. tbh. but ay look out for your own homie
    test
  9. TrillThugBoss

TrillThugBoss Well-Known Member

ddoc why u still supportin this faggot ass forum son
    test
  10. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

the rules always been if you post shit in other battles besides your vote, you get docked.
    test
  11. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

In all honestly Deth you were late to our battle (Both of them) by more than a few hours, so a vote deduction isn't too far or unfair considering you posted past the deadline.
    test
  12. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

Deth also fed off your verse
    test
  13. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Lol@damn near everyone tryna get Deth docked votez.

I remember being called a crybaby when I did that. Lol

My how the tablez have turned...

*passez kleenex*
    test
  14. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I think that talk of docking votes is more than overboard.Docking votes is a pretty severe censuring act,and I for one would think that a warning should be issued prior to taking what could be an essentially drastic move when you're talking about a lyricist who essentially has a spotless record and certainly didn't make either an egregious or malicious error. Recall this is basically a slight,minor misunderstanding that arose from the wording of the battles and the fact that insufficient heads up was passed to the battlers involved as a whole (some OTBVA guys rightly brought this issue up too). I could hypothesize with some confidence that the matter of docked votes wouldn't be brought up if JDM held a lead--especially a commanding lead--at the time he posted the idea.

As I stated,I have no issue with seeking to alter or deduct any votes that you have received thus far...although I could craft a strong argument on 3 votes--1 you received,1 that was deducted from me by a moderator--and probably a 2nd vote that you received,which resulted in your current lead 4-3,instead of me leading 4-3.

Insofar as RaZ's comment that I "fed" off of your verse? That is wholly untrue. Somebody define clearly what "feeding" is...because my understanding of "feeding" is that it's a failed flip. Well,that's pretty brainless. You either flipped a bar or you didn't. I didn't flip a single bar of yours; instead I COMMENTED on a bar that you had (specifically the Jay-Z bar). I know that this is acceptable because Jack did this to me in both of my battles with him...a battle for MW title during which he posted days late,I might add,without a peep of argument from the mods. Plus I'm a good sport...I went to bat for him. I asked them NOT to DQ Jack for tardiness on his verse. If you combine these facts with how Jai was stiffly repudiated for suggested such a thing by some of the very people who are calling for docking me a point,and the fact that OTBVA guys no-showed due to a completely understandable but notable lack of proper notification,and my record being spotless when I could've sweated previous battlers who went on to win against me or give me stiff contest when they would not have if I sweated them? Most especially when you add in the fact that I could for sure now sweat 2 or maybe 3 votes that were cast in the thread...2 in your favor JDM,one that was in my favor but was reversed even though it used The Voting Guideline and therefore is susceptible to both being challenged for reversal AND challenged to maintain its current vote in my favor which (if you added these things up) would put me in a 4-2 advantage? You guys should lighten up on all this call for "docking".

Bottom line: if you know in your heart that you're the superior lyricist or you at least wrote the superior verse? You would want things to play out on the merit of your bars instead of some minor or obscure possible infraction that would set the precedent of allowing others to plunge what should be fair straight ahead battling into almost legal wrangling about rule application.

Again...this is why we need a Voting Guideline. All the cats,definitions,procedures and rules are clear here. And Jai makes an excellent point too about the sudden swing in severity and push to dock and censure regarding a minor and easily overlooked point that frankly makes it look like the protesters are concerned that they didn't write a verse good enough to win in the first place and they know it. I wouldn't wrangle over the rules with you guys,even when I know I'd be able to create a very very justifiable case. I came to battle in the RBL knowing it's not my preferred method of battling and that there were flaws,but I'd get better for the experience. Jack's tardy posting I could have argued automatically let me win by DQ but instead I want to win by the merit of my bars. I know,MRJDM,that you and RaZ definitely want that in the end too. So...let the votes commence. Along the lines of The Voting Guideline.
    test
  15. Beastianity

Beastianity Beast of South-East

Yo what's up nigglets? Still kickin' some wack shit???
    test
  16. Extreme Venom

I'll let Kronik Call the shot on the vote docking thing.. He was the only one around lol..

test
  17. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

Erm you commented on one of his lines? That's feeding...if jack did it he shouldn't have its bullshit I know when some dudes get special treatment...cats like oneduh always posted late and he was a mod
    The questioning votes shit is stupid in a battle thread leave that to that the mods
    test
  18. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Hmmm...commenting on a bar is not the same as 'feeding' to my knowledge. Okay we have different definitons on the matter. I agree with everything else EXCEPT that I think that questioning votes should be a crucial part of The Voting Guide. It keeps people honest when they can be held accountable.
    test
  19. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

jus checked Deth/Mrj's battle. If Deth isnt dq'd this is beyond pathetic, and a complete joke. no battle thread should have 46 posts. hes quoting peoples votes and arguing it, and explaining his lines. hes posting way more than necessary. if he wins this is a joke. how can dude get rewarded for acting like an elton john level faggot?
    test
  20. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

Deth's thread and the Bent battle is why freeposting should not be allowed in the battle threads. Granted, it makes for more views on a thread, more traffic, more discussion/breakdown on verses, but it opens the flood gates on stuff like swaying, nonsense, and bullshit.

The reason why you must be registered in the league to vote is to keep aliases from voting for themselves and dickriders from voting for their homies. All in all, we will leave it up to the masses to decide the direction of the RBL. But if mods see some shady shit, were going to step in.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.