Rapmusic.com Battle League Lounge Wk1

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by KroniK, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surplus

Surplus New Member

Venom you dont need to advertise or spam on another board cuz thats annoying & it won't get anything done. You just need to hit all the text heads you know on aim. or go to other leagues on the net & send out some personal messages just tellin people the RBL has started up again. Plus there has been several tournaments all over the net, if you message all the people from some of these tournaments eventually people will start signing up.

People will join the league thats not the problem. The problem is that nobody knows there is a league. Once the word gets out about the league startin back up things will start rollin

But kronik just started the league without informing anyone about whats going on. I had signed up but i had no clue when the league was going to start or if it ever was going to start. I was lucky to see my battle when I did.

So You & Kronik should get on the same page, clean up all the outdated threads & keep everyone informed about whats going on & start spreading the word around the net
    test
  2. Surplus

Surplus New Member

I don't like the idea of different divisions, we should just have one division, one league, one title. After a few weeks records will have people in the right place. Splittin the league into divisions just kills the leagues potential to grow & start getting active. Keep everybody in the same league so everybody is involved with everything going on and not just involved in their own division
    test
  3. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

I assumed a vote would be a vote tbh. But all the OTBVA guys votes have been nulled. Apparently we're fixing the battle, I don't even like Ddoc, I just thought he had a better verse.

I never come here but I like Text Battling and reading text battles in general so when Ddoc posted a link in the OTBVA board asking to vote on the battle I followed it..... but that means i'm biased of course.......
    test
  4. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

If it's like it was a few weeks ago, it's just seperate titles and not full divisions really.
    test
  5. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I see where you're coming from...and I respect your versatility in seeing something of worth in both the BVA and the Text Battling arenas,as I do. However,the sharp difference in preferences between groups like OTBVA and RBL and people like me who are all around lyricists incorporating both of those tastes and much more requires a real world look at voting,and how voting should be done.Fairly.With respect and zero bias regardless of your style.Preventing d/r,hate votes,crew votes,ignorance,etc. but keeping it open to anyone onsite and even from different sites. Imho the votes of OTBVA guys should NEEEVER be nullified,as that sends the wrong message [ the RBL is clickish biased and only wants people to vote for them so fuck them I ain't doin this text shit no moe] and that KILLS chances for growth.

The solution to this...which I've been saying for nearly a year now...is a Voting Guideline. We have one right here onsite in The Onslaught. Look up Rapmusic WarZone,aka the RWZ. All you gotta do is copy and paste that guideline and leave who you thought won each category.Voting on 12 categories is done in less than 3 minutes. If there's questions about the vote? The questions get resolves by using the very definition of the category.If somebody says you didn't have any metaphors or no dope metas? You can cite your bars with metas in them and they will correct their vote willingly,seeing that they're mistaken BY THE LITERAL DEFINITION of the word,or explain themselves more in depth. Mods have the final word on whether a vote can be challenged altered or repealed [almost never happens but I can think of about a half dozen instances in the couple hundred battles or so I've seen onsite that it should have happened]. This Voting Guideline not only makes everything fair it teaches people how to vote better,as most people don't know how to vote correctly.Learning how to vote better sharpens your writing,because you know what areas you need to hit and you can see where your strengths and weaknesses are. It's fair fun fast allows people of different styles to battle each other on even grounds...a Tupac like battler could battle a Big Pun style battler on even grounds that's fair to both lyricists...and developes a more thoro,better balanced lyricist. Multi mavens get better at punches. Punchers get better at setups and multis visuals,flow,creativity,vocab,etc. We got zero excuse for not using it.Period.
    test
  6. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

Hats off to Prole and No Sir

We need more respectable Bva heads like yourselves

Had these votes been more reasonable/thought out there would be no reason to null the votes

Up until the tourney, voting has always been restricted to those in RBL and former champs

No biggie, sign in and have a battle then you can vote
    test
  7. TheIlliterate

TheIlliterate Well-Known Member

there goes Deth again.

but yeah, can't say I'm a fan of the weight classes.
    if they were to persist I'd still be a lightweight even though I have a good chance of making it to the RBL champ match in the next couple weeks.
    test
  8. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

Illiterate should no longer be a lightweight based on his performance in the tourney

Deth makes very salient points, I have been using the RWZ guidelines for a while, it
    really makes voting easier and clearer.

i feel like this is an interesting time for the RBL. Mods, what you do will determine

The Future Of The League

LOL

no pressure
    test
  9. Twinmania

Like I said in the thread you made in the OTBVA, you just seem to try and force constant content. You're just being alienating, kudos for that :)
    test
  10. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN

Agreed, Ill is definetly at least middle weight.
    test
  11. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Good batyle Raz. Good votes.

But ima take a break. See yall in a bit.
    test
  12. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Cosign Ill is at least MW...and we need the Voting Guide and we need as many OTBVA peeps as we can get. This tourney should be peeling lids off,not just barely puttering along...
    test
  13. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Nobody votes. Half the people no-show. Not sure how much fun this is.
    test
  14. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

theres still a couple days. people vote last minute usually.
    test
  15. Twinmania

So what's the situation on the Ddoc battle. Does my vote count?
    test
  16. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

test
  17. Twinmania

You're really good at sabotaging interest dude, well done. Look at the battle threads, no one votes and most people no show add to that the fact you're voiding votes because you're an idiot and you got one ghost town of a forum down here. Any of you RBL dudes fancy a proper battle that people will comment on come to OTBVA.
    test
  18. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

I was all for everyone's vote counting but after what happened in the Ddoc and bent battle, it's best that only registered people vote
    test
  19. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Ill has gotten much better and deservez MW, MrJdjm too.
    test
  20. Twinmania

dead @ KroniK closing the battle thread because he was getting bodied

Kronik got plague like bubonic and OTBVA in here to saturate like the fat in a hamburg steak leave you feeling gothic with a bitter after taste till you choke wanking turning blue like sonic, looking at life you should recalculate since we know you're called KroniK because of how often you mastubate
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.