Rapmusic Battle League Wk 1 - No Sir E Vs TheProle

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by KroniK, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

RAPMUSIC BATTLE LEAGUE

-Check Ins-
    All are to check in by Friday. Not doing so will result in being docked Votes or being ruled a no Show.

-Due dates-

All Verses Due Tuesday July 26TH 3am PST

- General Voting Guidlines-

POLL YOUR VOTE THEN DROP 2-3 LINES OF EXPLAINATION FOR A VALID VOTE

All Voting is Due Friday July 29TH 2011 3amPST

If there are battles with very little or no votes, those battles
    will stay open and will Delay the Next round so VOTE & Tell People To Vote!!

(Voting is considered open until Mods close matches)

-Line Limit-

Minimum 12 -- Maximum 30

You May Agree to a Limit in your Check in Or just Post & make you Opponent match the limit you post.

LINE LIMITS ARE OVERRULED BY ANY STIPULATIONS

-Voting Con't-

Each contender MUST vote on 50% of the matches posted.. so If there are 10 match you vote on 5 of them.. if there are 20 you vote on 10.. ect.

You Must Post Links to Battles you Voted on

1 Vote deduction for each battle not voted on.

VOTEING IS OPENED TO THE ENTIRE RM COMMUNITY.

Votes must be explained, No Hate Votes, Crew Votes, Revenge Votes

Mods Reserve the right to Negate any Votes Deemed Insufficient or Bias, ect.

-General Rules-

1st emcee to post can't edit after 2nd emcee posts

2nd emcee can't edit after the first vote is made

No Biting or Recycling, if Caught your Disqualified

No Bitching, Crying, Freeposting, Swaying. Whining..

No Beefing In Battle Threads, Freeposting, Spamming & other forms of Badmanner

Everything Other then Check ins, Battle Verses or Vote Is strictly to go in the Lounge, Predictions, or Sign in threads
    (If broken the Mod has the right to Edit & Clean Up Threads)
    New rules will be voted on by the Mods & Members of the RBL
    Mods can Adjust rules accordingly to circumstance!
    Questions, Suggestions, Ideas, Problems.. Contact the Mod[/center]
    test
  2. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

We in here. I wish fair competition for No Sir E, if I had to test my skills against one of my brothers in the OTBVA, it would be him.
    test
  3. TheProle

What's good, nigga?
    test
  4. NO SIR E

NO SIR E Balrog's Barber

took me a while to find this, but yeah we in here
    test
  5. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

-_-

edit didnt mean to freepost tho.
    test
  6. NO SIR E

NO SIR E Balrog's Barber

I know you wanna rag about my state, I'm just a fella from Delly
    But I say FUCK where you from just to get the "KY" jelly
    I manhandle bourbon NEVER challenge the champ with verses
    like a plant in earth, this can of worms you opened turned your bluegrass worthless
    I got a righty that could nighty Kimbo And Tank Abbot
    Plus my heart pumps fluid colder than Anne Frank's attic.
    Oh lemme guess, you ham cannon blammin? yosemite sammin?
    Flippin keys, do a gram then shoot a man at random?
    All that net thuggin' will get your head slugged in.
    It's nuthin,
    Trust, cousin if you buzzed at the club fuckin around with the drugs,youll get a THUMPIN
    So keep bumpin your gums, if I catch you in public, you're done, you'll get DUGGAN'D
    But your older sister's naughty and nasty. You outta just ask me.
    the hottest in your family She WASPy and trampy
    Your pops got shitty shotty aim, he wanna flip triggers
    Cause I put a crack in his southern belle, then I stuck my dick in her
    Pass-ion-ate-ly.
    I was even hittin that G-spot on the back of her knees
    It was like having The Roots too loud how I was blastin The Seed
    Your parents are some Jesus Freaks, but you say they're not like yourself
    Uncle was a grand wizard, wanted to see all kikes in hell
    This shit right here's payback so don't cry for help
    When I put you over my knee and beat you with the bible belt
    ...go fight yourself faggot.
    test
  7. TheProle

You’ve had it easy in life, so I don’t really know if you mean what you being mean about/
    I never take the easy route, Cubs fan, so I know what it means to be missing out/
    On the other hand, you’re a cubs fan cause you know how it feels like to be a scout/

But your chest of badges can’t protect you from this theft of status/
    My best is half this… if you don’t catch my buzz, I’ll Lay It Down like the Illmac classic/

You battled Choppa in the BVA, and now you think you’re some sort of threat?
    I could give a fuck less about your success, you beating me? Now that’s some bet/
    I’m a little upset, cutlass, say hello to knife--neck, gun--chest; cut flesh like I’m giving out blood tests/

After the battle expect to get neg repped, so pay attention and make sure that you get this/
    I’ll sneak into your house to find you laying in a bedrest, pull the chrome out and make sure that your head’s split/
    The family’ll find his head hanging by the string of his necklace; let me make a correction/
    They won’t know what to think of his top, like the end to Inception/

You’re dead either way, so I’ll let you be the chooser of weapons/
    The ruger would wreck him, the tool would get used to deliver the usual death wish/
    It’s unusual this fool would consider abusing my intuitive mentions/
    One slight move and he’s to be assumed as a dead man/
    History moves towards redemption, to Brutus, the truth is he’s Julius’ best man/
    So if the emperor can be killed by a slew of his brethren, a Sir is nothing short than a meal for my henchman.
    test
  8. TheIlliterate

TheIlliterate Well-Known Member

Vote: No Sir E

Punches: No Sir
    Personals: No Sir, easily
    Flow: No Sir by slight edge
    Delivery/Wording: No Sir
    Multis: TheProle
    Concepts/Originality: Tie, both were creative with it.
    Rhyme Ability: TheProle by a slight measure.

Overall, No Sir had the better verse.
    Good battle. Would be nice to see more from both of you.
    test
  9. TheProle

Bump for votes. Both of us deserve this to be voted on.
    test
  10. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

Toughie

No Sir - man you had some really wicked and sick shit in this verse. The flow was really hot, and i liked the images, it was visceral and hard hitting. That said alot of the insults didnt seem to be at him, more at his family or his girl, which bugged me, I wanted you to tear him up,. You had some really funny lines too, the roots loud line was my fav and real creative

Prole -I think alot of cats are gonna sleep on the witty, intelligent verse you dropped, some of your references are whip-smart and funny in their own way, albeit not as in-your-face. your use of internals is pretty great, some cats might sleep on that too and just look at line length without really seeing how it actually flows nice.

Vote -Prole i just felt he was more consistent from top to bottom, NoSir had fire and then kinda fell off at the end. Great battle
    test
  11. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I agree with this vote,through the first half of the battle,but I think TheProle pulled it out with the 2nd half of the battle and that Inception line was BLAAZIN yo.

VOTE-THE PROLE
    test
  12. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

No Sir E made me laugh. He clowned his opponent, used good puns and references. He was a little sawed-off on a few parts, but it was an enjoyable enough read.

Got to TheProle and his entrance wasnt very good, first by swinging at himself and capping off at the third bar, kinda jerked the whole flow. Some people do that, I never cared for it.

You battled Choppa in the BVA, and now you think you’re some sort of threat?
    I could give a fuck less about your success, you beating me? Now that’s some bet/
    I’m a little upset, cutlass, say hello to knife--neck, gun--chest; cut flesh like I’m giving out blood tests/
    ---- This is tight I liked the way it flowed but clever threats of violence never measure up against personal humor to me. Hollow threats dont ever work for me unless theres something its relating to personally like a name-play.

The ruger would wreck him, the tool would get used to deliver the usual death wish/
    It’s unusual this fool would consider abusing my intuitive mentions/
    One slight move and he’s to be assumed as a dead man/
    --- Again, bars like these you can do without. Exercise more creativity with jokes.

Not 1 name-play in this entire battle smh

v/ No Sir E
    test
  13. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

The problem here is that personals are only a part of what a punchline is,and after awhile personal punches become predictable and repetitive. Punchlines using subject matter that aren't always personals is ALSO a show of creativity...it's just not your PREFERENCE. The use of visuals like TheProle's bars:

"I’m a little upset, cutlass, say hello to knife--neck, gun--chest; cut flesh like I’m giving out blood tests...
    The ruger would wreck him, the tool would get used to deliver the usual death wish/..."

are also punchlines,they're just street violent macho testosterone "bad man" punches. They carry zing and oomph to them,as everyone recognizes the lethal power of a firearm. TheProle also added humor to the mix,and that's always desirable.

This is why we need a Voting Guideline. With a fair Voting Guideline,your PREFERENCE is given props but THE SUBSTANCE AND QUALITY OF A VERSE THAT ISN'T YOUR PREFERENCE ISN'T SHORTED. Threats are the very essence of punches and disses...on the streets they're called "fighting words". Now if your verse is ONLY "threats",that just limited your punchlines. Clearly,the best approach is to employ an assortment of punchlines in a verse as that compels creativity and fresh material.Propping one approach over another simply weights your verse in that area and neglects other aspects of quality rap that are just as vital.

I have no problem with yoru vote and your preferences,but one's preferences shouldn't blind one to the power of a verse that isn't your preferred style.
    test
  14. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

This was not so much a battle of punchlines but more of a battle of flow and wits...
    No sir started off slow but picked it up at the end, he had a few haymakers but what stood out was his flow throughout and pure grimeyness,
    Prole did not hesitate to take it right back at his opponent and started swinging from the gate, I think proles punchlines were more complete overall as far as originality and execution, the multies an flow was crazy as help as well

Dope battle, good shit from both

Vote= the Prole
    test
  15. NO SIR E

NO SIR E Balrog's Barber

no excuses, but that's the last time I'll get lazy with writing bars.
    test
  16. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

"Oh lemme guess, you ham cannon blammin? yosemite sammin?
    Flippin keys, do a gram then shoot a man at random?
    All that net thuggin' will get your head slugged in."

Damn... that shit went hard...

test
  17. Extreme Venom

"I never take the easy route, Cubs fan, so I know what it means to be missing out/
    On the other hand, you’re a cubs fan cause you know how it feels like to be a scout/"

Good opener & comeback..

test
  18. Extreme Venom

Final Vote count 3-2 Prole

TheProle wins..

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.