Rapmusic Battle League - #1 contendership- Theilliterate Vs smittyrythym

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by KroniK, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

RAPMUSIC BATTLE LEAGUE

-Check Ins-
    All are to check in by Friday. Not doing so will result in being docked Votes or being ruled a no Show.

-Due dates-

All Verses Due Tuesday July 26TH 3am PST

- General Voting Guidlines-

POLL YOUR VOTE THEN DROP 2-3 LINES OF EXPLAINATION FOR A VALID VOTE

All Voting is Due Friday July 29TH 2011 3amPST

If there are battles with very little or no votes, those battles
    will stay open and will Delay the Next round so VOTE & Tell People To Vote!!

(Voting is considered open until Mods close matches)

-Line Limit-

Minimum 12 -- Maximum 30

You May Agree to a Limit in your Check in Or just Post & make you Opponent match the limit you post.

LINE LIMITS ARE OVERRULED BY ANY STIPULATIONS

-Voting Con't-

Each contender MUST vote on 50% of the matches posted.. so If there are 10 match you vote on 5 of them.. if there are 20 you vote on 10.. ect.

You Must Post Links to Battles you Voted on

1 Vote deduction for each battle not voted on.

VOTEING IS OPENED TO THE ENTIRE RM COMMUNITY.

Votes must be explained, No Hate Votes, Crew Votes, Revenge Votes

Mods Reserve the right to Negate any Votes Deemed Insufficient or Bias, ect.

-General Rules-

1st emcee to post can't edit after 2nd emcee posts

2nd emcee can't edit after the first vote is made

No Biting or Recycling, if Caught your Disqualified

No Bitching, Crying, Freeposting, Swaying. Whining..

No Beefing In Battle Threads, Freeposting, Spamming & other forms of Badmanner

Everything Other then Check ins, Battle Verses or Vote Is strictly to go in the Lounge, Predictions, or Sign in threads
    (If broken the Mod has the right to Edit & Clean Up Threads)
    New rules will be voted on by the Mods & Members of the RBL
    Mods can Adjust rules accordingly to circumstance!
    Questions, Suggestions, Ideas, Problems.. Contact the Mod[/center]
    test
  2. TheIlliterate

TheIlliterate Well-Known Member

In. I'll go 20 or something.

EDIT: na fuck that let's go 30.
    test
  3. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

checkity check so go ahead and get your weaponry wet
    test
  4. smittyrhythm

lets go little it..i got bigger fish to fry.
    test
  5. TheIlliterate

breathe man, we'll get it. here i'll go 24 for ya.

you sound like you wanna scope some meth, and i don't gotta quote the thread
    makin' it out like your lines float over heads like what you wrote's the best
    in reality they're simple like: I'LL CHOKE YA NECK UNTIL THIS BLOKE IS OUTTA BREATH
    ... well if that's your idea of multis at least you'll get the vote from Deth

and i can do your style since you don't rap it clever cuz/
    jus throw in random words that rhyme like birds and time till we forget how whack the setup was/
    tbh though, you've got a flow, an there's a couple touches i can learn from you/
    like how putting what you "say in quotes" to "sway some votes" DON'T make your punches personal/

now i'm rhymin' with ease, divine in due time like white wine with the cheese
    think you're prime for givin' dimes a quick squeeze? Smit please...
    saying you're into hittin' chicks would be a lie or a tease
    cuz even in Smit's pic you can see, a two-dimensional guy on his knees

i'm a vagabond crossed with Megatron but my style's prime like Optimus
    you've got an undeserving ego that's a mile wide and not legit
    cuz when you listed your 10 wins it was child-like and awful, kid
    at the top of your post you should have wrote: "MY ENTIRE LIFE'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS"

we called you a faggot so you spammed the lounge, like you snapped bro
    there was NOTHING your raps showed, just you actin a joke tryin to get in the last blow
    but listen fag MR.J said it best... tell us why you mad though

talking smack on the net? now that's a cheap card to have used
    cuz all that that proved was that my ten year old sister beefs harder than you
    see my every line is personal like a diary journal, but what THIS kid's kickin' is soft
    you bitin TaC's swagger the way your raps stagger-- I'm thinkin Smit's rhythm is off
    while Ven was sleepin' your pen was squeekin, dude's been writing for me for weeks
    while my eyes are saggin' i fried this faggot so i can finally get some sleep

good luck dude.
    test
  6. TheIlliterate

that's weak homey.
    making me rush my verse so we could drop at the same time then you pull this shit. nice.
    test
  7. smittyrhythm

(905)895-4521 you might need this :funny:

Yes I am a villain.. most hate my writtens and so it's automatic and given
    That you wont get votes for lyrical jokes but for talkin average-shit to a 'rhythm'
    To be honest duke all you brought is proof that you've yet to move on from Dr. Seuss
    Cuz you floppin a deuce and you lost your juice when you teethe on puns from a toddlers booth
    You just bought your 'noose' and you 'against the ropes' from a 'solid-drop' you can 'knot-produce'
    Let me introduce you from an ill-taught dusche to name & wordplays for their 'prop or use':

It's time to wake you dont shine as great and took the 'L to B' next to my weight
    When I looked at 'the ll' on a richter-scale I had to set his name next to 'lite rate'
    Put-it-together, rib roast this fake now I'm patient and waitin to get a plate-
    When I see 'ill lit' in front of the 'e.r.' soon afterwards he'll be gettin 'ate'
    I was in debate if I made his 'heart-break' with the way he 'fiddles with Petty-filler'
    My art's way over ya dome like Sistine pillars, on the mic I'll angel yo sweaty spillers
    'Triple-round burst' when I flex the trigger from just '1-shot', I'm a steady killer
    You'll see his center get hit with 3 (the'lll'iterate) like he tried to d-up on Reggie Miller

He 'may pull' a retreat see him 'leave n red' just like his national flag -
    start packin his bags book a flight to 'B.C.' and put him back in the past
    I'll put my 'two cents in ya face' to replace the iris X from off 'deth lids' X-(
    And after I 'cross his eyes' out ill-literature skills progressed to 'Dyslexic'
    Speakin of 'X' his time-table sloppy and the clock has obviously stopped
    So I'll multi-task from apostrophe's to the properties of numerology- watch:
    You probably sparking parsley-pot partially when you should be harvesting crops
    But the 'scripts' I got will get rid off 'ill feelings' like products pharmacy's stock
    I'll trade bargaining shots towards your New Market but I'm not targeting shops
    Your artistry's never bought, gets tossed, 'ill litter it' with all the garbage he drops...

this concludes Reading and Writing 101

pardon me, doc...

:eek:wned:
    test
  8. smittyrhythm

oh wtf, u went 24? you said 30

fuck it Ill shorten it..
    test
  9. TheIlliterate

i went 25, miscounted.
    it was an unfinished verse. i just posted what i had written at the time cuz i thought you would post right away.
    i guess not.
    test
  10. smittyrhythm

:funny: ya that was posted that night while you was on, you dropped the following day I wasnt online. It's not that deep brahhhh
    test
  11. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

THIS BATTLE IS SLEPT ON.Good job by both of you guys! Tomorrow I'm breakin yall votes down bar-couplette vs bar-couplette style,so the voting and comparison will be clean clear lucid and accurate.Good job you guys! The winner of this battle most def deserves #1 contender status.
    test
  12. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Ridiculous battle. When I read Illiterate's verse, I figured that nothing smitty could have replied with would have got him the battle back, but I was almost proved wrong.

Ill's verse was just so fluid, it was read just as easily as it would have been to hear in person. His punches were great, and nothing seemed overly forced. On the other hand, Smitty had some ridiculously innovative and illustrated bars, but some of them felt like he was showing off he could rhyme two completely obscure things perfectly. I can see how someone might enjoy that, but it was a bit tougher to go through.

If it was just based on punches, I'd go with Smitty, but Ill had the whole package with this verse.
    test
  13. DethStryque

I most definitely respect the importance of going for the whole package and not just punches (unless the punches from one verse just slaughterhouse overwhelm the other verse) alone...and when I did the infamous 15 category breakdown that I use (most of which I displayed in my breakdown of RaZ vs TaC) I reached the opposite conclusion. Smitty took this 10-5.

OPENER--SMITTY: The difference here is that TheIll had the siccer rhyme scheme in the opener but he didn't layer it with punches,so when his punch came at the end of the 2nd bar coupler? It was pretty easy to decide the winner. TheIll's punch was a decent personal. Smitty's was not only a clever and stronger punch but it was given more weight because TheIll fulfilled Smitty's prediction with his opener.

FLOW: SMITTY. Both of these lyricists had smooth flow but Smitty began to step up his rhyme scheme from the 3rd bar on,and any lyricist of skill will tell you that maintaining a smooth flow with elevated rhyme scheme is harder than doing the same thing with less complex schemes

METAPHORS--TIE: Both of them threw numerous metas but they alternated in power,so even though Smitty had the more numerous metas he didn't always have the quality that TheIll did and TheIll didn't overpower Smitty with his less frequent meta use

VOCAB--SMITTY: Pretty clear here. Next.

PUNCHLINES--SMITTY: Clearly Smitty had the wider array of punchlines,although he didn't have anywhere near the amount of wicked personals that TheIll has. Basically Smitty swarmed TheIll with a vast array of everything except personals that hit hard,were creative,slick,and funny.

PERSONALS--THEILL: My manz TheIll just WENT IN on the personals. I mean he had me lol with the personals man...he kilt Smitty's style of "using quotes" to emphasize his punches and Smitty's spamming man...he just went in on that. Very good job there.

VOCAB--SMITTY: both of these guys went in with the vocab. I honestly lean toward Smitty here too because bar for bar Smitty had a clear edge in the use of clever wordplay--which is a subcat of vocab--slightly more accurate use of each and every word,plus his word selection and the visuals he drew were slightly sharper...but it wasn't really clear enough to make the difference that he usually makes and TheIll was good in this category too.

WORDPLAY--SMITTY: The clever use of wordplay is Smit's strength. Next.

NAMEPLAY--SMITTY: Smitty used the only instance of nameplay with the 3 in ya center punch,lol

CREATIVITY--SMITTY: Because Smitty used a wider palette of subjects for creativity and he went deeper with the various subjects that he used than TheIll did. TheIll went absolutely off with the creativity in his personals,but he was creative ONLY in the personals and he made the cardinal mistake of using the overplayed OPTIMUS punch...man. Shame on him for that.You're much too good for that dawg.

CLOSER--SMITTY: The "Ill litter it" punch is much more clever and harder than the fried this fag/get some sleep punch of TheIll's...

VOTE: SMITTY...and there is no way that TheIll is a LW in the RBL regular tourney. He's MW at least.
    test
  14. smittyrhythm

Uppin for votes

And deth- there are 5 nameplays..look closer.
    test
  15. DethStryque

That was a typo by me. I saw the nameplays. Thanks.
    test
  16. TheIlliterate

if this shit gets 2 votes I'm getting the fuck outta here.
    test
  17. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Smitty is one of the few battlers who can always come with creative concepts and seems to always have set-ups which make the punchline hit harder. This was hard to judge as Ill went for a much more personal approach while Smitty just went all out with wordplay. After reading both verses a few times I feel that Smitty edged. Ills verse was amazing due to the way he disected Smittys style down perfectly which using good schemes and an above average flow. However I think Smitty overpowered him with solid punch after solid punch, while Ill had a few misses (Optimus prime, the diary journal line didn't seem that creative) in his verse. This could really go either way and I've flip flopped a few times on it to be honest.

Vote: SmittyRhythm
    test
  18. smittyrhythm

mooch-hoez grassy-ass.. 2-1 up
    test
  19. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

Dayum at the dopeness of this battle:

The Illiterate

OPENER - 5
    FLOW - 8
    METAPHORS - 8
    VOCABULARY - 8
    HUMOR - 6
    PUNCHLINES - 8
    PERSONALS - 10
    NAMEPLAY - 4
    WORDPLAY - 5
    VISUALS - 6
    RHYME SCHEME - 7
    CREATIVITY - 7
    CLOSER - 5

Total: 87

wasn't particularly feeling the opener or closer but verse flowed really well and the personals kept hitting, dope verse.

smittyrhythm

OPENER - 6
    FLOW - 8
    METAPHORS - 6
    VOCABULARY - 8
    HUMOR - 7
    PUNCHLINES - 7
    PERSONALS - 5
    NAMEPLAY - 10
    WORDPLAY - 8
    VISUALS - 7
    RHYME SCHEME - 8
    CREATIVITY - 6
    CLOSER - 8

Total: 94

Great verse. Flowed really well and the nameplay was consistently good. Liked the closer and the rhyme schemes were on point

WINNER: smittyrhythym
    test
  20. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Ummmm... honestly.. I dont know what the fuck yall were reading... but, I thought Ill creamed Smitty. Not saying Ill was amazing, but he came pretty decent. I liked a few of his punchez.

The "outta breath/Deth" was funny.. the "clever cuz/setup was"... was Lol... the "2-dimensional avatar diss" was chucklesome. Your getting better, jst cut out the filler and your cool.

Smitt your cool as hell... and youve gotten bettrr too, but this verse was pretty terrible to b honest. Your versez against Deth were much better than this. Most of this verse had hella stretched wordplay.. and fucked up wording. Your last 2 punchez were your only decent.

Vote= Ill.. easy.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.