Rap war zone--the return of the best league in rm history

Discussion in 'the Onslaught' started by DethStryque, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

menso, and t.a.c. stop raining on our parade.. just let the RWZ do it's thing w/out you tryna influence it to die.. all it would do is try to generate more traffic. it woudln't deter people thats for sure. and the people involved would gain experiance running a league, that might help with the rbl rstl later on.. you never know.. don't kill something before it has had a chance at developing you online creation abortionists!
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

My argument is redundancy; if we have RBL and RSTL, why do we need a league that combines the two? You would be targeting the same people we are, creating competition within an already struggling text forum. You can't argue that it wouldn't affect either league because of this exact reason. Its hard enough to get people to show in RBL.

No one wants to answer my argument, you guys keep deflecting and skirting the issue. If you guys have issues with the topics in RSTL, then suggest some tbh; and if people don't like your shit in RBL, that isn't a reason to create a competing league. This seems like people that don't participate in the leagues as it is;then asking for a new league, which essentially is a amalgamation of the two existing leagues. This is like a group of NFL. And NBA players asking for a new league that incorporates both; not only does it sound ridiculous, it would, without question, hurt the existing leagues.
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

Excuse me, your nonsensical replies read exactly like a double ml post.

[​IMG]
    test
  4. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

its not going to generate more traffic, its going to take traffic from the two leagues we already have, and bring them to a cheap imitation. trust, im not going to let this happen.
    test
  5. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Yes a rap could be incredibly creative and not have a punchline, but it would be BETTER if it was incredibly creative AND had incredibly creative punchlines. The lyricist can be both exclusive AND inclusive. When you can hit every category of rap and do it in a dope fly skillful knowledgeable creative way, then you can CHOOSE to exclude things if you want. But the more powerful lyricist, the more powerful rap, has ALL the categories displayed every single time.

And Makaveli had dope multi's in some of his earlier works, btw.
    test
  6. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Again. The RWZ does NOT combine the two...does NOT combine RBL+RSTL. True lyricists aren't attracted to the RBL so we don't go over there unless we're keeping our word, bored, or something...and we never stay. The RBL is too limited and not the kind of thing that RWZ heads would like. The RBL isn't threatened in any way.

Neither is the RSTL.

The RSTL is nyce. It's essentially more poetic rap. Love that. But that's NOT the style that RWZ rocks. You will neeeevveeerrr find a LYRICS OF FURY type joint in the RSTL. You'll neeeeeeveeeerrr see a 300 BARS type flow in the RSTL. You'll neeeeveeeerrr see a BLACK STEEL IN THE HOUR OF CHAOS from Chuck D type joint in the RSTL. You'll neeeeeeveeeeerrrr see a "AFRO PUFFS" or a "BEACH CHAIR" joint or a REDMAN joint or a WUTANG joint spittin "TRIUMPH"-antly in the RSTL. That's okay and good too...as these are the kinds of things that the RWZ rocks.

You guys know it too.
    test
  7. Brown Jesus

So, let me get this straigh:

1. You think RBL isn't lyrical.

Fair enough, we're all entitled to our opinions.

2. You think the topics in a Topical league suck; or at least, not broad enough in scope.

This is where you keep skipping over crucial portions of my argument. I say this is RSTL + RBL, and spell out exactly how I see it. You try and counter that it isn't RSTL + RBL, complaining that the topic, essentially, aren't broad enough i scope. So, instead of suggesting topics, you want to create another topical league?

Why can't you understand a simple argument?
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

all he's saying is, there should be a league where people get judged on more then just punchlines alone.. rstl sorta doesn't focus on rhyming as much neither b/c it's more of a story telling league they want to read stories with word placement.. rbl wanna see weak ass rhymes but with superb punchlines.. that's understandable right, thats how it's always been.. but what about the lyricist's that are more strong when it comes to intricate rhyme schemes and more abstract type of punches naration etc? rwz gives them a home. so they don't have to feel they gotta dumb down their rhymes for white nerds that wanna read shit like. "ima die for puttin my hood on like trayvon"

artists like deth see that and roll their eyes b/c it's so simple cliche and predictable.. i mean it is a punchline and all. but ... ehh i think you know what im sayin /rant
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

is that what the insane villian tourney did to the leagues as well?
    test
  10. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

his was only going to last 4 weeks, to bring life to a forum that has died off. you guys want to start a league in a dead forum that was never alive.
    test
  11. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Are we voting on this battle?
    test
  12. Brown Jesus

I don't, though.

RSTL is also a topical league. If you guys don't suggest topics, stfu tbh. If it's good, people will give you credit; if not, it doesn't matter where you go. LP, you keep skipping over the problem, or glossing over it; at the end of the day, it is either a topical/storytelling league, a battle league, or some corny combination of the two.

I'll try and be more direct. If your league isn't a battle league, or a topical league, or a storytelling league, or a combination of these, then what is it?

If Deth says flexes, you guys lose automatically tbh
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

what i'm saying is, you guys have your taste in what's tight in text raps if it's a battle in rbl or rstl.. but there is other area's to judge a textual rap.. ie: flow, etc... some times people just wanna break from the monotony and try another aspect of texting out.. it's called development... maybe this is what text needs to revive it.. something that everyone can get involved that understands how to flow.
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

some times in the past i've judged peoples verses based on the word play multis and internal rhyme schemes not the punchlines for example.
    test
  15. Brown Jesus

I understand that, I have been crying about people's verses with horrible flow to them since I started posting again. Why haven't you been making a similar stand? I think you're making an outstanding point LP, but I think you're attacking the problem in a way that will ultimately be (as if it already isn't) divisive. Not to mention that it will most definitely compete with RBL/RSTL for members.

The rotten cherry on top is you still haven't addressed any of our concerns. Your response is vague and weak; it's filled with words like "taste... monotony... [different] aspects... understands how to flow." How is this a rebuttal to my argument? You're a cool dude, LP, but I'm not going to accept "I just want to" as an answer.

I feel I'm making a fairly clear argument; I mean, how dificult could it be, it stands on a two major points:

1. There is no need for the Leagues to have another competitor; RSTL and RBL really cater to different, almost distinct, audiences, whereas the so-called "RWZ" wants to cherry pick members from both leagues.

2. The RWZ is nothing more than a topical league. At the end of the day, your arguments are semantics; trying to dress it up as something more than it really is. This league is nothing more than RSTL+RBL. What sets this topical league apart from the existing one? What makes it different? Inevitably the answer boils down to topics, but you guys never suggested any topics in RSTL. In my two weeks in RSTL, I might have suggested like 30 topics; they weren't all narratives, either. How many has everyone wanting to do this so called "Rap War Zone" combined suggested?

These transparent arguments won't work, LP: the emperor isn't wearing clothes.

If you think flow>punchlines in a battle... a TEXT battle... sigh... you don't get it.
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

no i totally get it, punchlines are more important in a battle then multi's and rhyme schemes. i get it, it took me a while but i finally understood that concept. the problem is the RBL and RSTL are their own brand of text battling.. the RWZ would be more like a school for lyricists.. it would go over more aspects of writing lyrics then just narration and punchlines.. it would create an atmosphere for writers that do cyphers and stuff to get involved b/c they have more freedom to write a verse based on their own style instead of trying to be like everyone else and spit that same set up punch routine with occasional three bar set-up. imo... this league would better prepare people for the RBL and RSTL which i think should be the leagues that really showcase RM's community. competing with your members tho? lool.. i doubt that, is even the case.. and if so, you can't be mad b/c some one prefers a league over the other.. and I wouldn't mind allowing rstl and rbl mods being involved with RWZ.. if some one said no to RSTL like this when it was being created imagine what RM woulda have been like.. but they gave it a chance.. so give this a chance.. in the end everyone benefits. this isn't some territorial debate. this is on some real grown nigga shit
    test
  17. Brown Jesus

[​IMG]

...Then LP comes in..

[​IMG]
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

man, rbl and rstl is the same thing everyweek.. niggas need a fresh break for them to develope new creative strengths within their talents.. this is a good thing encourage growth n development.. if you were mature men you would understand..
    test
  19. Brown Jesus

test
  20. lyricalpriest

seriously neither the rstl or rbl encourage writers to craft their multi usage, or syllable count, or internal rhyme scheme or rhyme manipulations or slant rhyme usage.. neither of them enforce a certain method of voting. rbl rstl started this text shit, that will never change.. now it's time for something new, just a test run see how people respond if they love it, we can always alter rstl or rbl to incorperate some rwz aspects.. if people hate it.. then it hurts no one.. and we can let it die out.. faggets!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.