Rap Tututorial

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by makaveli21, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

"now alone they are a word with multi sylables, so by them self, it's safe to say that's not a multi sylabic rhyme scheme"

You just agreed with what I've been saying all topicl, cheers. FYI, pretty sure it's you who doesn't talk right since teh English kidn of created the langauge.
    test
  2. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Also it's Australians who say crickey, and they're about as English as American's are.
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

What are multis?

Multi is short for “multi-syllable rhyme.” Multis are phrases in which more than one syllable rhymes. Multis can be double, triple, quadruple (etc…) rhymes.

Normal rhyme: cat / hat
    Multi rhyme: my cat / hi-hat
    Or a longer multi: bit my cat / hit the hi-hat

Southern rapper Ludacris loves featuring multis in his verses. His trademark delivery (in which he slows down and emphasizes the rhyming words above all others) works well when he slips in clever multis. Check out any Ludacris song for quality multis, or check out the lines below, which he spit during a freestyle while performing at Yale University.

when read in text form, sound's very poetic, but im sure when luda rap's it, it sound's fuckin nothing like poetry and more like a rhythmical vocalized instrument....
    test
  4. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

I'm wrong for using one example, you're rigth for using one example? The fuck?
    test
  5. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Do you consider brother/mother to be a multi?

The whole "you ahve to rap to know" is right most of the time, you should only be handing out advice if you know your stuff. Personaly I don't 'cus either my voice is terrible on a track (Northern English voices fail in rapping) or if I try and change the accent it sounds liek Canibus with down syndrome somehow.
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

first off, i don't give a fuck about who created the "English" Language, American's do it better that is all.. :)

secondly, ur arguement was that because the multisyllable word was the end rhyme of a poetic sentence did not make it a multi syllable rhyme, that's what i thought u where trying to say after i weeded thru all ur psuedo intellectual blabber..

i was just explaining the multi in better detail so u and everyone can understand, i did agree with u, but i think ur twisting the argument up, because u said the word alone isn't a multi syllable rhyme when i think people thought u were saying that something else.. ehh
    test
  7. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

I thought it was pretty obvious I was saying stuff like brother/mother etc isn't a multi rhyme.
    test
  8. makaveli21

makaveli21 king of the world

this is comedy this dude is unintentionaly hilarious
    test
  9. makaveli21

this is from flocabulary the rappers handbook i got this book this is where i learned about rhyme techniques from.
    test
  10. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Oh, so you don't even write raps and think Vinnie PAz is the height of rapping? Please kindly leave.
    test
  11. makaveli21

lyrical priest just embrassed you u don't know what a multi syllable rap is just shut the fukk up.
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

next time MRJ say's vinny paz like that's gonna save him

ill ban him for spamming.. lol
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

ya that's wassup mak.. post more.. i wanna see what u can tell us about punch lines
    test
  14. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

What did he say which disagrees with what I've said? You're fucking retarded.
    test
  15. lyricalpriest

i liked this one:

What Rhymes with Orange?

Rhymes for Words that Have No Rhyme

There are many words that have no rhyme in the English language. "Orange" is only the most famous. Other words that have no rhyme include:
    silver, purple, month, ninth, pint, wolf, opus, dangerous, marathon and discombobulate.

But just because these words have no 'perfect rhyme' doesn't mean we can't rhyme with them. Using slant rhyme, we can rhyme with these words anyway.

Words with No Rhyme? We Rhyme 'em Anyway.

orange - foreign, boring, forage, porridge, door-hinge, score bench, Mormon, chorus, swordfish
    silver - filter, shiver, filler, deliver, liver
    purple - Steve Urkel, whirlpool, urinal, hurtful, circles
    month - dunce, hunts, moth, runt
    ninth - mine, lines, absinth, labyrinth
    pint - ain't, paint, might
    wolf - gulf, fur, enough, dull
    opus - flow this, rope is, Lupus, lotus, bogus, psychosis
    dangerous - major risk, plagiarist, cameras, game to us, spontaneous
    marathon - care what's on, dandruff song, Dara's wrong, Santa's gone, paragon, carry on, carry arm's, very harmed...
    discombobulate - spit in the broads face, hit em hard and wait, flippin bar's like weight, the disco they love to hate, Crisco ovulate, risky even on a date,
    ===============____________============_______========___----

Of course, we can also try to rhyme with "orange" and other rhymeless words by slipping them into longer, multisyllabic rhymes. Like this:

The four engineers wore orange braziers.

or

Bronze, plus some silver and gold,
    Won't be of help if you shiver when cold.

Other readers have insisted that the word "sporange" rhymes with "orange," but "sporange" appears in very few dictionaries. Apparently it's a botanical term for a sac that contains spores. Likewise the useful word "porange," which describes hair that grows where hair typically doesn't grow, is not in any dictionaries that we've found. Other readers have noted that a mountain overlooking the town of Abergavenny in Wales is named Blorenge. Some have insisted that a famous horse is buried there. In any event, the rhyme has been of use to a local bard with an extravagant name (Daffydd Traswfynnydd ap Llewellyn-Jones), who writes:

As I left Aber town one day, a suckin' on an orange,
    I saw the rain clouds rolling in from the direction of the Blorenge.

But are we really counting proper nouns? If that were the case, I just might name my daughter "Laurenge," just so she can grow up saying, "I rhyme with a rhymeless word."

Still others have noted that "curple" rhymes with "purple." True. But the word -which means "hind-quarters or rump of a horse" - is no longer in much use. I guess it's up to us to bring it back. Others say we should include "nurple" - as in "purple nurple," a slang term for a very painful prank. But that slang term hasn't made its way into Webster's yet, even if "bootylicious" has.:funny:
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

THAT'S NOT TRUE!!! i DONT AGREE W/THIS that poem was a great example of multi's containment.. alone is merely a multi syllabic word.. but

extreme containment
    we need restraint quick

now even if i wrote

they broke free from containment
    and they need to be restrained quick

poetic example^^^

is still a multi syllable end rhyme the first version is a multi end and In rhyme together.. more rap orientated..
    test
  17. makaveli21

punchlines there is all kind of punchlines there is personal punchlines and broad punchlines broad punchlines are just diss lines that could be about anybody and it's not specific personal punchlines are diss lines that are about the rapper you are dissing.
    test
  18. makaveli21

that the poem u said had no multi's in it did dikkhead.
    test
  19. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

That wasn't in the example the guy posted. The vast majority of poems don't have multis. If you say that restrained quick/containement bar out loud it's kind of hard to rhyme unless you rap it, in poetry that wouldn't rhyme IMO.
    test
  20. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

A punchline doesn't have to diss anybody.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.