Rap Tututorial

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by makaveli21, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makaveli21

makaveli21 king of the world

rest A rest is basically a pause, during which no syllable is said on the 1, 2, 3, or 4 beat of a bar. In the flow diagram, rests are shown by a space under one of the four beats in a bar on which no syllable is said
    test
  2. makaveli21

beats and bars The numbers along the top of the diagram represent the beats in the music, and each new line represents a new bar of music. A bar is simply a way of measuring a unit of time in music — in almost all hip-hop tracks, one bar is four beats. To see clearly how the lyrics match up to the beats and bars, simply listen to the song in the example. In the first line, you can say “ let... funk... lete... punk.. .” along to the lyrics and it is the same as counting “ one... two... three... four.. .” in the music. That means those are the places where each beat falls:
    test
  3. Knowledge

Knowledge 12 lbs with dick insert.

test
  4. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

Good thread. Can you think of unusual time signatures in rap music? One I can think of off top is Eminem - Underground. Particularly the chorus... you can't count 1 2 3 4 to it. Gives me a headache.
    test
  5. makaveli21

yeah u can count it count one line as a bar
    test
  6. Beyond Legit

Beyond Legit New Member

Who the hell is that? That Ascetic verse is amazing.
    test
  7. Grayson

Grayson New Member

Possibly.

But does the fact that Rap's cadence allows more room for rhyming make it more complex in structure?
    test
  8. makaveli21

no because they have one thing over rappers they use assonance to come up with multi's.
    test
  9. vandalism

vandalism the king

damn this is a stupid thread

to the dude trying to teach people to rap: either post a audio proving you can rap or stop this shit, cause I'm banking you can't rap

that eminem "underground" song is not on no difference time signature, it's regular 4-4 like every other hip hop song, it's just slow. it's easy to count 1,2,3,4 to it. the 2 and 4 are on the snare hits.

and that verse that was supposedly better than "the raven" by poe is fuckin garbage, whereas the rhythm and vocab in that raven poem is unbelievable... smh at these chumps
    test
  10. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

are you serious?...........you have never made a track at all.........you are a white teen on line wannabe textcee
    test
  11. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

multi-syllables

yeah, i should have known.
    test
  12. Nuthyng

Nuthyng New Member

so even though only mist and gist rhyme, you get credit for the pess/get and the i/the? seems like filler
    test
  13. Grayson

Grayson New Member

You're both missing the point. What I'm asking, is that since Rap adopts multiple meters (flows) and rhyme schemes within a song, is it a display of chaotic, undisciplined skill, or creative ability? If it's the latter, is this ability higher than traditional poetry? Equal? Incomparable?
    test
  14. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

shit is just different.........rhyme poses restrictions to many in rap.........not rhyming in poetry males it not as catchy to the ear..........incomparable though i think
    test
  15. makaveli21

no because in potery rappers use the same shit that poets use.
    test
  16. makaveli21

it's not filler because pess and get have the same syllable stress which is on the e sound and when you break down the words into syllables and pronounce the word the and i sound the same.
    test
  17. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

fucking filler depends upon what you say, not how its rhymed..............

this is in no way hejping anyone............multi rap structure is a means nada to good lyrics
    test
  18. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

It's not the best example - It's one of those words that a lot of people pronounce differently. Some will pronounce the 'i' in the middle of pessimist with a 'y' sound, others will use an 'uh' sound that rhymes with the 'the' in 'get the gist'.
    test
  19. vandalism

vandalism the king

anyone who doesnt post a audio of them rapping nice needs to shut the fuck up about how to rap nice...
    test
  20. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

naw we write about what nerds know of the song making process..........lol, i agree totally
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.