Rap Tututorial

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by makaveli21, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makaveli21

makaveli21 king of the world

Rap Tutorial

Im Going To Be Covering Everything From Multi Syllabic Rhyming All The Way Down To Chrous Writing If U Have Any Questions Just Ask Me.
    test
  2. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Yeah, I can't wait because you sold a quadrillion records right?

Oh wait... no wait.
    test
  3. Grayson

Grayson New Member

Is Rap the most advanced form of poetry? Concerning the structure of lyrics, i.e. the lyricism aka the rhyme scheme--Can rappers be considered as more skilled than say, Edgar Allen Poe?

The Ascetic verse I posted contains 10x as many rhymes as this snippet from The Raven, within multiple rhyme schemes. I think, as far as creativity and diversity, the Ascetic verse trumps The Raven.

The Raven, while not as abundant in number of rhymes, is structured a lot more strictly. The corresponding lines of each stanza have the same amount of syllables, and rhyme scheme:

"Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
    While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
    As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door."

So, you have this dichotomy...Rarely, in non-rap poetry, do you see lyrical verses with 5 different rhyme scheme and meters, that when put together, equal out to over 50 different rhymes, such as the Ascetic verse I posted; but rarely in Rap poetry, do you see verses with one solid structure that last throughout the entire piece, with corresponding rhyme schemes and meters, such as The Raven. Indeed, in Rap, you can find some songs with 12 syllables in one line, 15 the next, and 10 for the next two; songs where the 1st verse has internal rhymes, with 2nd verse having none.

With all that said, is the lyricism you hear in Rap music truly complex? Is it chaotic wording that happens to sound good? Or is it just another form of complexity incomparable to other forms of poetry?
    test
  4. makaveli21

eat a dikk
    test
  5. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Traditional prose and poetry is able to convey concrete and vivid imagery more easily than rap.
    test
  6. Knowledge

Knowledge 12 lbs with dick insert.

Alright, Since this sounds like a thread that requires dedication & isn't just going to fade if done right, allow me to apply pressure, this thread will be stickied, it's on you to come through now.
    test
  7. makaveli21

this is true to a ceartin extent poetry does'nt limit you in terms how to rhyme words like hip hop does like alot people thing if u don't rhyme words perfectly it's not a rhyme like eminem for exmaple uses assonance to come up with multi syllable rhyming all the time and people wonder how he is able to rhyme more syllables and have alot more words to rhyme with that's because he does'nt his rhyme style and that's why he is one of the best.
    test
  8. makaveli21

thank you this is going to be important information im going to be dropping and it is most def going help rappers on here to get better or just the average that don't know nothing about rhyme techniques.
    test
  9. Knowledge

Knowledge 12 lbs with dick insert.

I hope to see you acting on this post soon if you want this to stay up.
    test
  10. makaveli21

Multi-syllable is more than one syllable. You rhyme more than one syllable, you are rhyme multi-syllables. A syllable is a syllable. NOTHING says that the syllables have to be in the same word. A word broken down to syllables gives you individual syllables. Break another word down to its syllables and you have more syllables. Why can't you choose to rhyme this set of syllables with one another? You don't have to look at the words as a whole, you have a set of syllables. Sequence the syllables and rhyme them. You'll have multi-syllable rhyming.

Pessimist ; Get The Gist

Pess - I - Mist
    Get - The - Gist

Three syllables match up. They all rhyme. You're rhyming multiple syllables. Multiple syllables rhyme. Multi-syllable rhyming.

That's as simple as it gets.
    test
  11. makaveli21

RHYME SCHEME--

The rhyme scheme of a poem is simply a way of looking at patterns formed by lines that rhyme. For this exercise, we will be looking at the last word(s) of a line, this is called the end rhyme. Consider the following example:

That Time of Year
    by William Shakespeare.

That time of year thou mayst in me behold a
    When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang b
    Upon these boughs which shake against the cold a
    Bare ruined choirs where late the sweet birds sang. b

In me thou see'st the twilight of such day c
    As after sunset fadeth in the west, d
    Which by and by black night doth take away, c
    Death's second self, that seals up all in rest. d

In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire, e
    That on the ashes of his youth doth lie f
    As the deathbed whereon it must expire, e
    Consumed with that which it was nourished by. f

This thou percievest, which makes thy love more strong, g
    To love that well which thou must leave ere long g
    test
  12. makaveli21

Slant Rhyme (noun): A partial or imperfect
    rhyme, often using assonance or consonance
    only. Also called half rhyme, near rhyme, oblique
    rhyme, and off rhyme.
    test
  13. makaveli21

Perfect Rhyme (noun): Rhyme in which the final
    accented vowel and all succeeding consonants
    or syllables are identical, while the preceding
    consonants are different.
    test
  14. makaveli21

Internal Rhyme is rhyming within a line.
    test
  15. makaveli21

Metaphor
    A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in "a sea of troubles" or "All the world's a stage
    test
  16. makaveli21

Wordplay
    A word play suggesting, with humorous intent, the different meanings of one word or the use of two or more words similar in sound but different in meaning
    test
  17. makaveli21

Chorus: We may hear the chorus of a song three, four or more times. The lyric and melody remain the same each time it recurs.The chorus lyrics sums up the heart of the song. The title of the song almost always appears in the chorus section and may be repeated two or more times
    test
  18. makaveli21

Bar One Line Is A Bar
    test
  19. makaveli21

Assonance occurs when two words don’ t have exactly the same ending but instead use a shared vowel sound( sounds made by the letters a, e, i, o, and u) to create a rhyme. As long as the vowel sounds are the same, the other sounds that surround them( the consonant sounds, or sounds made by letters other than a, e, i, o, and u) can be different.
    test
  20. makaveli21

bending words Assonance can be stretched even further by using words with similar vowel sounds instead of the exact same sounds. MCs sometimes “ bend” words, pronouncing them in a way that makes two different vowel sounds sound alike:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.