Rap is Garbage

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by MiC, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

lmfao... truth.

But yea, last year was one of the best years for hiphop in a while imo.

A few real dope albums came out., it could have been much worse.

If you think mainstream is bullshit.. then dig a little deeper into the crate. There's plenty of hiphop for everyone.
    test
  2. YoWomisIllmatic

YoWomisIllmatic Computer Artist

man speaks the truth. at any given time there might be 1 song worth listening to on the radio/tv. Until the fans are willing to support artists that actually bring skill and originality to the table this will never change. I know I'm late but I just bought Gang Starr's Moment of Truth and it easily kills anything on the radio today. [look]
    test
  3. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Yeah I feel you, not as much quality .. like what was coming out before now albums most have no substance at all .. heck they aren't even entertaining
    test
  4. illest brother

illest brother Registered User

I agree with Mic too. Hip Hop isn't the same as back then. I know it must evolve, but I feel as if it's evolving in the wrong direction. But when you think about it, what can be done to make hip hop better?
    test
  5. Jammin' Jobus

Jammin' Jobus S A D B O Y S

Rap is only getting better. Just look at the RSE Crew, Def jux, qn5, FUCKING DOOM. you cant check out a fucking 50 cent cd then say rap is garbage. Why not look at the good stuff. Scaramanga is releasing 3 albums this year. Rakim is supposed to release one. Most qn5 artists are releasing their debuts. Doom is doing shit with dangermouse and ghostface. i agree there is emerging a marketable sub-genre of hip hop, "Bubblegum rap" but that doesnt sum up the whole culture.
    test
  6. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

w0rd?big and pac invented rap?damn, how it dead i hear rap shit i hear everyday!
    test
  7. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

Welcome to last year.

Imperial1
    test
  8. -MSC-

-MSC- Artois

i agree^

what did u expect some hot shit from 50?.

where u been at.
    test
  9. Postyle

Postyle Male/Mail Gone Crazy

this is another dead-end subject to your opinion

just listen to Dead Prez and you'll get comfortable
    test
  10. Ashen Horse

Ashen Horse Ashen Horse

you are fuckin retarded
    test
  11. MiC

MiC .

Of course as I said earlier im not one that thinks totally rap is garbage but you know it does make a person pissed when quality is just over ran by nonsense.

See you know about dead prez, you know about mf doom , you know about mos def and on and on and on.

These people really stand for quality rap they stand for hiphop wholly not to say oh if someone spits about the streets they dont not at all but what im saying is the ones making the money are the ones that are perveting the art, rubbing the music's face in the ground, and merely capitalizing off rap and the ghetto all in one.

To act like its ok for 50 cent to do what he "does" is just disrespecting the other guy who do "rap" or "hiphop". 50 cent does not put out any form of rap. What he does is go into a studio listen to a beat think of a hook that people will like and record any lyrics he wants.

I dont want to make it look like im just anti 50 cent but being hes the top billed artist now its like I got to point to him as your prime example.

See because of my respect for those who try their hardest not to change their music to be more "marketable" I get pissed at those who take the easy way out and go for the hook and the catchy beat. Or the gimmick backed with the jail record.

Cause heres the facts. Allowing them to dominate and saying well they rap too its just not as good but it sells more that simply means the major message rap sends comes from the senseless stuff called rap and meanwhile the meaningful stuff flies below the radar.

Think about Talib Kweli and Common, before Jay-z spits the line referring to them think about their fan base. After he says the line these two talented artist , all of a sudden got more respect because someone in the mainstream just put millions of people on to him.

Im not trying to say rap is gone and all of a sudden all rappers are just gone by the wayside im just putting it out there a little louder that the state of rap is not looking good and others should recognize this instead of accepting it.
    test
  12. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

there will never be peace, sorry u cant feel every soul like i do
    test
  13. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

i will say that the petty beefs between overrated artists are overrated...
    wow!!! Cassidy disses Lloyd Banks!!!! hot shit!!!!(lol)
    i wouldnt know who disses who anymore...

todays rappers alot are far from ever becoming the "king"

dog it mightve been real before they sold so many records and moved into thier 10.5 million dollar estates
    most of them dont associate with the hood anymore..
    if they do its probaly just a publicity stunt...
    test
  14. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

dead prez i seen get alot of negativity cuz people confuse racism with fighting for true equality...
    honestly its coming from a white guy,
    theirs a difference between mindless racism and pointin out the harsh facts of where we live and attemptin to find a solution...
    its kind of senseless to look to hold your tongue when your really lookin to get your message across...
    but whatever they want to think,
    i know how i feel...

that is all...
    test
  15. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Seriously even the "non bubble gum rap" and "UNDERGROUND" is becoming blah
    it's like they have become monotonous just with

"FUCK INDUSTRY CATS"
    "I DONT CALL GIRLS A BITCH"

Just becaue someone do the exact opposite of what a commercial cat doing.. doesnt exactly make it "good music" neither...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.