Rap is Garbage

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by MiC, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiC

MiC .

I have to say rap is at a alltime low. After peepin the new 50 cent and really thinkin about this form of music I think that its becoming one of the most irrelevant forms of music.

For starters rap is pop now. Everyone wanna come up tell you the same story a different way no one is original at anything , look at the top singles of the day and you got garbage just hooky songs wit no substance. And most of them have been done in another way thats damn near identical. ie( candy shop & magic stick)

Second some might say well pop and all that other "dance" trl music is real trash but at least the music is positive. In rap all we getting now from the big sellers is straight brainwashing dumb trash music. All these new rappers want to do is tell you why their better than you, or how they are richer than you and or tell you how they had it hard. I mean these three points basically sum up the majority of platinum selling artist in rap for the last couple years with few exceptions.

Next you got the idea that mixtapes is the best way to come up. Yea it was when it was for the love of music. But now look what you got "best of tape " hell "worst of" now its like instead of challenging artists to come up with some good songs quality stuff the industry demands you to work with 16s thats come and go. Theres no longevity and without that there wont be no listening to a LLoyd Banks freestyle when your old? I honestly dont believe there could ever exist a rap station dedicated to oldies cause the game dont produce albums like that but so often because of the way we the fans allow it to be.

Rap albums in general dont do much these days nor have staying power. Without dropping new material a rapper would quickly be forgotten. Thats sad cause its like the rapper instead of producing good music is always on a stance where they got something to prove.

Rap needs a overhaul starting with the fans and then with the artist cause the bottom line is business will always ruin something thats good by trying to duplicate it.

What drove me to really crazy is look at right now, in hiphop whats happening. You got 50 cent dissin Jadakiss, Nas and Fat Joe. Heres a man who claims to have had it hard and hates Ja rule for what Ja Rule did but acts like he wants to battle people. On the track he tells Jada not to try him or he'll blackball him at the label. What gets me is heres the same shit that he had done to him and he blasted Ja Rule for now he wants to do that to a hiphop veteran. Jada been in the game for years and you got the average hiphop head sayin yea 50 cent could take Jadakiss its a damn shame people dont recognize longevity. That goes back to people being forced to put out new material or they'd be forgotten(ie Big L). All 50 cent is , is a popular version of Kiss without the skills.

Then you got two pop-rappers of the century battlin to say whose real. Chingy v. Nelly. Wow really . This is why rap is garbage.

Once in a while Nas pops up and drops some heavy potent shit, you get a Scarface album which gets you back into it, you get some real hood albums from a member of the Lox but other than that we in a state of constant garbage with no point of breaking out just whom ever sells has his way.

Mixtape MCs get on my nerve because they ALLL are the same Baby Jada's all of em. They come out for a month or a year killing mixtapes yea yea yea yea yea. Then what who the hell knows because EVERYONE was on Fabolous when he was murdering the mixtapes, he drops a album oh hes nothing hes too pop for me. All of these mixtape dudes are just nobodies trying to spit cause they know how to write funny 16s ,witty metaphors and etc. BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE SONGS.

You dont have to be able to kill mixtapes to be a great rapper you just have to make a decent album wit good substance and be real. When DMX dropped he wasnt no witty 16 bar man. Heres a dude who cats felt was real and they embraced his lyrics because he was speaking from the heart and thats what produces longevity in rap speak from the heart in ya album and then you got something real. Talk about nonsense like 2004 maybachs and Bentleys and in 2005 its becoming irrelevant. Fastforward and your wanting the new jordans sounds stupid. I mean people need to age.

Fans need to wise up and try really pressing people to not toss garbage they way. 50 cent said where Banks will spend 30 minutes to a hour perfecting a verse he'd only spend 30 minutes on the hook and wouldnt mind the verse. Whenever you hear stuff like this its blatant that heres a dude who could care less about the music in general he just want you to buy the hook and make his money. Its not going to be for the long run.
    test
  2. illustrate

illustrate watch my shoes

blah blah who gives a fuck

you dont like it dont listen to it nigg@

simple as that

hiphop is fine to me
    test
  3. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

hiphop is the shit, its jus the mainstream shit that sounds the same, cuz its a business, but the mainstream ppl aint even wack, they jus tryna get paid, hiphop is as best as its ever been, so many raw rappers, yes the illest are dead, pac, big, big l, and pun, props to odb that dude wuz wild, eazy is a big part of rap, but hey still got the illest rappers in the world doin it, canibus, eminem, jay, nas, krsone......got gangsta shit, love shit, deep shit, aww man i love it
    test
  4. ThaReal

ThaReal Hip Hop is NOT dead!

maybe you should listen to country
    test
  5. zorque yo

zorque yo daog peanix

Ahya daodont asya thinasng yaou acant kaetake aback aokay? coaunartry ias saO afaucking hardardcaore aits so eunabalaaivablea
    test
  6. noreaga

noreaga New Member

^ that reply summed it up
    test
  7. noreaga

noreaga New Member

guy probably took 3 days to write that ya'll shut him up in 10 mins
    test
  8. THEDONN- closed

^%haha tru, tru, prolly been thinkin about this last year or so, fuckin chumps
    test
  9. MC_Paste

MC_Paste

another week another whiney bitch

cmon you dont like it... lissen to the old shit...

jsus have an open mind and you'll be better off
    test
  10. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

yeah it begining to water down now

the good ones are getting old and moving on with there lives.
    test
  11. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

Yeah, that's why you need to start looking back. Those throwback tracks of the day are awesome.
    test
  12. THEDONN- closed

yo foreal long as we got classics like doggystyle, ready to die, pac, L, pun, etc, how can anybody say rap is dead, etc, etc, hahaha
    test
  13. MiC

MiC .

Listen man I just want to point out a couple things first im hard toned in my writing of this because im a student of rap I really listen to this for meaning so for someone to say I should listen to something else cause rap is so stagnate is unfair.

Second rap does have talent but its being suppressed mainstream media has indeed taken rap and wants it to push constant negative garbage on the masses but nonetheless as someone who cares I would much rather voice my opinion on whats making rap no good rather than stop listening to one of the many different types of music I listen to.

I grew up on rap as someone born in the 80s so I was able to watch it grow as im sure some of you have as well. But if you really watched closely as it grew from something that was a voice of rebellion to what it is now you would have to have some sign of disbelief when veterans aren't shown respect, when rap music has less of a positive message, when business's incite people to tear each other down and lastly when you realize that the music is totally losts its purpose.

I feel dude who said that we always have classics from way back. But look at it this way what does that say about this generation its like this generation is just lettin it fall by the way side and become something that "has" peaked and is just another genre of music.

Rap can never peak so long as we have interesting and great talents coming out cause its still a relatively new form of music the only problem that rap has now is the money is making those less qaulified take the shine from those who should have the shine.

Its ashame in rap that a dude like Mos Def gets no real props because dude doesnt conform to the money making formula and in history a dude like Nelly will be remembered more for his contributions to rap over Mos Def despite one of them really trying to keep the art to what it is a "art" and not a form of making money.

Alot of people as I thought would get offended and the first thing to do is just bash the guy talking but til you open your mind and realize that what you defendin a single after single of nonsense foolish songs with no real point other than remember the hook and buy my cd.

For the rest of peeps who may respond just dont be like these dudes think before you type I mean im sure some people will be more than willing to defend rap but you gotta understand where im comin from before you just start typing.
    test
  14. gotband4nothing

gotband4nothing New Member

i totally understand and agree with u man. i can only listen 2 certain shit these days , its like rap is made 4 teenagers r something now. i'd rather a Krs album over NETHING NE mainstream artist could ever put out . acturly KRS should b the deffinition of mainstream , its a fukin shame
    test
  15. rukahs79

rukahs79 New Member

to quote Mighty Mos

"old white men is running this rap shit...
    We poke out our asses for a chance to cash in..."

basically, white corporate type's are dictating what mainstream hip hop is and they ain't trying to sell to niggas. They're taking black music and selling it to white kids.
    test
  16. MiC

MiC .

My point is that we as real hiphop heads dont have to extreme hiphop heads to really recognize this. I know the marketing schemes is to target the easily influenced but I think its ashame that we got grown men in society especially the ghetto and urban culture cosigning to these water down gimmick gangster rappers. Heres what I dont get you get a dude in rap these days thats rap about hardtimes, selling drugs, surviving systems and etc. And you get people who really face this everyday and for the majority of the hiphop heads its ok for them to glorify and highlight strictly the good things that come out of the bad without any remorse.

In a line where a rapper says he sells drugs no one reminds people that he may have destroyed a family. In a line where a rapper says hes got mad hoes no one reminds people some dudes daughter is givin out that groupie love.

Now im no advocate of say all positive music im a fan of alot of hardcore rap. But on the flip side im from the hood so for people to claim oh well im just a reporter when I rap, im just tellin yall the "real" I think right there thats ashame because no message of the truth is comin out just some over glorified hoodlife.

The sad part is when a rapper says something like I got more money than you, or im more paid than you , and dont try him or he'll hurt you. People for some reason are ok but lets face it whose he talking about. I mean we as people of raps fan base applaud rappers basically puttin down others namely us. Cause if some rapper says oh "aint a dude in the club got more money than me" I mean whats that sayin or better yet whats the point.

These dudes in rap are professional liars and they love makin money of the urban plight sure you got hustlers makin money but for every "one" hustler making tons of money you got a bunch of families with drugs influencin their lives.

Real rappers in the game have stated what I have tried to say, you hear it when people come out and say the balance is not right in rap. Hell gimmick rappers are now going towards the gimmick of "im real rap". So its all a game to some but for the real ones man I really hope they can fix it before it get carried away any further.
    test
  17. THEDONN- closed

rappers speak whats really goin on in the world, wherew they live, how they grew up, or how people really do grow up, shit isnt fake, this is real shit, guns, drugz, h0es, money, cars, hustlas, pimps, every rapper has a persona, its entertainment, but it whats really goes on in the world, im glad i can identify wit that.dont see how katz are so confused.
    test
  18. lally

lally KING SHIT

man rap died when pac and biggie died.

you think pac would have allowd all these wannabes to tottally bastardise wat he stood for, half the artist in rap today were influenced by pac and if they tried to come up with that same mojo that pac perfected that underdog i dont give a fuck persona, pac would have destroyed them, 50, eminem, jay-z, nas these rappers wouldnt even have half the start power and popularity they have if pac was alive, noone had more credibilty or charisma as pac had, he was the realist nugga out cuz he spoke from the heart, he rarely rapped about killing people unless it had some sort of message init, like when he wrote WHEN THUGS CRY, WONDER WHY THEY CALL YOU BITCH, LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT, WHITE MANS WORLD, too many in the rappers today want to be the next 2pac and stuff, the only mainstream artist that remained true was jay-z but even he was on pacs balls, nelly i dont even consider rap, and southern music is good for club tunes but has absolutely no substance and meaninful to say, theres going to never be any classics to come out of the south other than scarface,
    test
  19. tanesha_k

tanesha_k New Member

im with mic on this one...the game has changed..hip hop isnt the same anymore..im not its completly shit rite now..but there are too many wack rappers who think they are the shit..it is becoming very mainstream..but then again there is still sum hot shit coming out too..but not like before
    test
  20. tanesha_k

tanesha_k New Member

im not sayin * ^
    haha..oops
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.