rant about the rock and steve austin

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Cane, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cane

Cane Guest

these two set the bar high. like them or not, i don't care if you're a mark for some other wrestler who was around during their time, these two were the standard. period.

they were the bret hart and shawn michaels of their time. the hulk hogan and randy savage of their time.

and the only thing that will reset that bar....is time.

no matter who becomes champion they're always measured against the rock and steve austin. no champion is ever good enough in people's eyes because those two were just too huge. it's like when steve young left the niners or when john elway left the broncos-whoever came after had shoes that were too big to fill.

point is we need to forget about them. the longer we hold onto their memory the harder it will be to accept anyone as the champion unless their names are hhh(because we're used to that boring bullshit) or kurt angle(THE wrestler of this generation). i mean, whenever a discussion comes up about who won the title, rock or austin are always mentioned and people wish they'd come back. fact is, the rock is gone, aint comin back, and austin wont be champion again. that generation is gone people. let it die and just have the memories, cause those are awesome memories...but that's all it is now-a memory. we're going to have to go through a bad period to forget about them and ocne we do it'll be much easier to accept a new champion. we just need to find someone who can be a hit.

speaking of angle, i've said this before but i may as well say it again.

we've always had two main guys for every generation.
    -hulk hogan and randy savage
    -bret hart and shawn michaels
    -the rock and steve austin

but who do we have this generation? i don't mean skill wise, i mean the two guys who are just THE guys. the "it" guys. kurt angle is one for sure but who else? chris benoit is good but he's just not one of them. eddie guererro was too old and misused. i honestly thought brock lesnar was going to be the guy for this generation but that came to a halt quick. who is there? i think that's a problem for this generation-this generation is the slump generation. the time AFTER the wwe hit it's highest peak ever with the attitude era and we were doomed to inevitable failure because once you hit the top the only place to go is down....add to that the fact we only really have one top guy. the rest either job to hhh or are on smackdown and are just "meh" to vince and company.(eg; bradshaw? pssshhh this was just vince still having wood over ted dibiase but dibiase being too small to hold the title at that time).

and one last thing-picture, just try to imagine, bret hart in his prime...vs...kurt angle in his prime. how much fucking ass would that kick? i think these two guys are the two greatest of all time. i'll just say it-kurt angle is my second greatest wrestler of all time. screw waiting until he's retired, i'll say it now-the man is fucking incredible. chris benoit can put on a good match but he's too repetative and can't move aerially like hart could. eddie guerrero is good but not technical enough, too luchadore-ish here and there. michaels was good-VERY good, but just didn't have the variety and ability of angle. too much of a high flyer. hart and angle were the perfect blend and i don't think we'll ever see two of them again. at least not for a long, long time.

there's my rant. i do this once and awhile when i build up enough shit i want to get off my chest and say.
    test
  2. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

no offense.. but i doubt the rock is done.. why would he have been coming up with ideas for wrestlemania.. he wanted to be a part of wm.. wwe just screwed him over IMO

i agree with austin though
    test
  3. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

man stone cold steve austin is/was/will be THE SHIT forever, IMO
    test
  4. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

that is not the point here.. the point is.. stone cold CAN NO LONGER WRESTLE.. so its time to move on.. steve austin has a bad neck.. and the rock is doing movies
    test
  5. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

Angle > Hart
    test
  6. Serge dot T

Serge dot T Guest

Hart sucked on the mic...his ring talents missed though.
    test
  7. exothermic

exothermic Well-Known Member

hart suxed on the mic???????....... yall r stupid..... im the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be.... bret hart had everything..... jus like shawn micheals.... i also liked diesel but yeh hes gone.... razor ramone was nice too hes gone too....

iono right now only couple ppl r even entertaining in wrestling.... hhh needs to take a break for like 2years then come back im getting tired of him... edge needs a new angle before he wins the belt... kurt angle needs to do more comedy skits ..... cena is good on the mic altho what he says is rubbish its entertaining, his wrestling is average tho.... batista is as bad as bradshaw....

wrestling needs better tagteams, lightweights right now... n smackdown need to up there game..... raw is good..... thats my assesment on wrestling right noiw
    test
  8. Macabre

Macabre Guest

oh, of course he'll be back for a special appearance every leap year. but still, the kick-ass promos and passion he showed will never be back on a weekly basis. by the time he starts to remember how to be great again, he leaves.

but cane, you almost have to just sit back and hope the next greats fall into place automatically. austin could've been a huge failure, same with foley, but they broke through and got their followings. wwe makes the mistake of thinking "oh, we think this is the next guy, so shove orton down everyone's throats no matter what." i think they should just keep looking for people with charisma (not just size vince, you fucking simpleton) and give them pushes and a little fucking creative freedom. As much as he stole from ECW, he forgot to steal that one little thing that just happened to get austin, rock, and foley over.

cena could actually be the next guy who sucks at wrestling but can have short energetic matches and the fans'll love him if he planted his stool in the ring. but they'll shove the rapper shit down people's throats until they reject him. of course he could just marry shane, and have his tv spot forever...
    test
  9. masterragu

masterragu Sweep The Leg, Johnny!

I dont get why John Cena just doesnt develop better in-ring ability. Even 6 or 7 basic moves would be an improvement. He just needs some more coaching....
    test
  10. hiphop4govener2

hiphop4govener2 Active Member

^^
    Seems like all he does is punch the shit out of people.
    test
  11. Foog

Foog Will Work For Food Jr.

John Cena is terrible, and an embarassment to wrestling & hip hop. JBL was much better on the mic, much more believable, and fuck he even has better matches.

Bret Hart was great on the mic after 96, before that he was run of the mill but 96-99 he was great.
    test
  12. Cane

Cane Guest

bret hart was a fucking master on the mic, you children have no idea how to judge talent, acting ability and articulation. and don't argue with me on this.

cena i think either can't wrestle for shit, or they're telling him to hold back, as they'll tend to do with their main eventers(for whatever stupid reason)
    test
  13. Serge dot T

Serge dot T Guest

Cena needs a new finisher, the F-U is Fucked Up. He should pour time into trying to make something new.

Foog, no, he was alot better BEFORE '96, when his kind was liked he was the greatest at it with the wholesome good guy shit. Notice how once he started calling Shawn Michaels ''degenerates'' it backfired on him. It's that lack of cockiness that ruined him really. He couldn't adapt to the times, he was too humble. Austin, Michaels and Rocky came up 'cause of their ego and ''I don't give a fuck'' attitude that human nature itself favours.

He sucked. Once they started cheering for Austin n' booin' him he couldn't do shit but stay backed into the wall. He turned heel out of desperation n' ended up proving how bad he was at it. The dude was a genius in the ring...For gods sake, he INVENTED one of the greatest finishers of all time and he escaped so much injury wrestling with the worse it's amazing how he wasn't taken out earlier, but once his charisma wore off he couldn't bounce back, like Hogan did. The situation was so new to him that it blindsided him and didn't know what to do and couldn't put it in his favour.
    test
  14. Macabre

Macabre Guest

Yeah, i've never understood why people say hart was bad on the mic or a bad heel. He was great at both. I don't think people understand the fact that WWF was trying to replace him completely when he started fading out of the scene.
    test
  15. Cane

Cane Guest

no no, you're confused-when i speak, you sit back and accept it.

hart was a master on the mic. not everyone needs to be the rock or shawn michaels and cut promos like they have to piss. hart's major in post secondary was in film and acting, and they cast him in tv shows for a reason-the man could act. he could cut promos in the way jake roberts cut promos-he captivated you. if he wasn't to get loud, he could get loud, if he wanted to portray a feeling no one could do it better. it's the intricacies and subtle nature of the way he not onyl spoke but caried himself while he did it that people like you can't pinpoint-not this many years later. do yourself a favor and watch the interview before the bret/owen cage match and you'll see one of the absolute greatest interviews ever conducted by a wrestler. the best thing about him, and you can always mark the greats by this, was that he never sounded like he was reciting lines. you believed him.

dude that was the plan entirely. are you smoking crack?

he couldn't bounce back because wcw misused him worse than i've ever seen anyone been misused, and he had ot retire due to injury. for fucks sake, the mans autograph sessions draw more people than wwe house shows, and he just got finished acting in a major part in a play.

tell me this doesn't sound like a whimsical assumption turned fact all while inside your head
    test
  16. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

no way...wcw misused ralphus more, he was world champion material...he was more over then hogan and goldberg combined..

they felt ralphus hadnt paid his dues yet, ralphus was mad as hell when david arquette won the title
    test
  17. Cane

Cane Guest

ralphus isn't aware that he rocks my fucking socks
    test
  18. Serge dot T

Serge dot T Guest

No no, you're Canadian-you sit and whine like the guy was anything after Stone Cold ruined his career by overshadowing everything he'd ever done by getting him boo'd at, something he never bounced back from. Why do you THINK Vince wanted him gone? He was worthless 'cause he couldn't adjust.

You're a dead set Bret Hart mark, I'm not gonna get into this 'cause I'll never change ya mind, especially how you think the International fans appreciate Bret as much as Canada. I know how you feel, I snuffed a guy for telling me The Ultimate Warrior was overpushed.
    test
  19. Cane

Cane Guest

getting him boo'd at?

dude...buddy...psssst, listen closely. THAT WAS THE IDEA. the idea was for hart to go in there and put over austin. why do you think they put him in there with hart? one of the big reasons was that they knew hart was the onyl one who could come out of that looking like a heel at the end, they just didn't know austin would become such a face.

where the hell did this "overshadow everything he did" shit come from? if you've got nothing, you've got nothing, don't make up stuff that makes no sense. but what do i know, i'm canadian, and that's apparently a bad thing to morons on rapmusic.com

actually it was because he couldn't afford him and the offer wcw gave him was much bigger than what vince could pay at the time. this was, keep in mind, before the attitude era hit top. do your homework.

lmao@the international comment. you know it's true so you'll say it like it's not just to watch me say it is.

nice try
    test
  20. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

Why wasnt Mick Foley mentioned?

Granted, he took a distant third to Austin and the Rock, but he did set the standards for "hardcore" type matches. He was also a main (if not the main) player in the transition from wrestling being "gymnastics" into wrestling being "death-defying dangerous". Every single hell in a cell/no holds barred type of matches will forever be compared to what Foley did with them (at least in my eyes).

I liked Austin and The Rock, but I would bypass them both to get an indestructable Mick Foley. Thats right!

Plus he was a genious on the mic.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.