[RANKS] Week Fourteen Official Rankings/Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eye-Rime

Eye-Rime the intellectual.

^definitely wasn't me

must have been the "good cop"
    test
  2. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Rules are rules.

BUT, I definitely think they should be bent time to time for the better sake and integrity of the league.

There's the letter of the law and there's the spirit of the law, I would like to think that in this league we could come to a common ground.

I know it's tough when Q makes decisions based on rules alone as typically he should, BUT if he truly feels it's wrong even being the rules, fuck it, mods have the last say and he should do what's right (barring lucy or a more active me doesn't disagree strongly).
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

which is basically how its done

since last week, lucy's been running around cracking "Q's whip", but i never said anything other than mods are the law of the land, therefore what we say goes, last week however there was no need to make a moral judgment which is why the rules were followed

i really dont get why this has stirred so much commotion

jook, im sure you know what happened but heres a short spill

three different situations:

Metasin - he posted 10 or so minutes late which went unnoticed and had i noticed i would have let it slide either way which would have been the 'moral judgment' that lucy speaks of, but got life? private messaged me and complained of metasin breaking the rules in which case i was forced to either shit on GL?'s face which lucy and others argue would have been for the better of the league, or follow the rules and disqualify meta's verse, the downside is that got life? didnt pull the card until after he lost by votes

RICO/Nom de plume. - voted late which i wouldn't have counted had i noticed but in this case i didnt even have time to notice being that my mailbox was full (maybe i'm over exaggerating a tad) with complaints about he and nom's votes being late and changing the decision of their matches, here the only alternative would have been to allow their votes and disrupt the matches in which they voted on or disqualify their votes on account of being late

Nom de plume. - because of the numerous messages, it was brought to my attention that nom voted late and was said to have voted late on all of his votes in which case i checked and there was only one on time which was casted at 11:59 PM, however his links were posted late in our match as well, a good 20 to thirty minutes late, therefore the links were also invalid, the alternative could have been to allow the votes/links however again it would have changed the decision in other matches, this is the only situation in which the 'moral judgment' may have been a good choice however i made my decision based on the fact that the alternative would negate my ruling of the last situation and also being that he signed out it would leave no champ for the week, also the main reason was that he voted late

^in a nut shell, and i strongly believe that i made the right decisions, i even dedicated an intro in the mag based on this and yet people still have beef with me about it

so what's your opinion? why should rules have been bent? i mean, there are cases where it is actually for the better of the league and usually these situations hurt neither competitor, but in this case the alternative would have upset the participants with valid claims and therefore the rules were enforced

im rambling, but im just tired of defending my decisions
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and by the way jook, heads up but i probably will take some time off after this tournament or once im eliminated

i'll help with the graphics and all and maybe a mini seasonal award thing (or maybe not), but i cant be as dedicated with a new born so i pray that you have the time to take back over in a few weeks
    test
  5. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Lol I actually didn't know what went on. I was just skimming and since you broke it down let's see what's up.

Okay, I didn't catch the outcome of the Meta/GL match, but in that battle I would have kept the battle open and decided the winner by votes. Point being 10 minutes late is nothing. You can't write a verse in 10 minutes. Hell you can barely edit in 10 minutes. So I would have told GL to man up and ride the battle out.

Had it been an amount of time that could have been used for an advantage I would have DQ'd Meta.

But 10 minutes couldn't have been used for anything.

2nd case, I agree with your decision 100%. People have to get it together man.

But like I said 1st case I don't know what you chose, so that's just what I would have done.

No problem @ getting back in it in a couple weeks. Just PM what's going down and keep me posted.

I'll pray the babies healthy and you guys have a safe delivery.

Pz.
    test
  6. Meggido

Meggido New Member

Thanks for leaving Mariah's and Mine Match Open for Votes.
    test
  7. Mariah Noelle

Mariah Noelle from RB

haha, you're welcome.
    test
  8. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

jook get at me.
    test
  9. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

basically ..

and as for all this stuff about me supposedly playing good cop .. no .. difference between us is that you're losing interest in the league (due to real life changes) .. and take everything to heart (like posting an image of your school stuff lol) so look at my points of view on how rules have been upheld and not upheld all wrong .. like I'm just playing silly bugger against you when I'm simply looking at it from wanting to continue to compete (unlike yourself) .. and it's not easy when you're constantly contradicting what rules I am supposed to enforce or not .. added with "mods word is law" yet conflicted by my say being one of "check with Q first" status .. as you over-rule so many things I put forward or decide ..

and oi! .. don't go saying I said anything about the Mariah battle being herbish or whatever in the mag .. lol .. you did the "Q's predictions" .. I didn't need to comment on it and hadn't until the deadline thing .. don't need you throwing more haters my way .. lol ..
    test
  10. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Hit me on the pm system.

Lucy and Q you guys seem as if you're fighting. That may or may not be the case. But if it is, just remember sometimes in a partnership you need to hold your tongue and not speak on everything you disagree with.

Sacrifice some pride.

Pz.
    test
  11. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

not fighting as in a fall out .. but yes .. fighting to get things clear ..

We either look at the deadline and uphold it .. or we don't .. if Got Life? calls in to question a matter of minutes .. and after everyone has wasted their time reading and making a vote it gets ruled as "the rule is post on time or be d/q'd" .. so I rule with Q's decision to enforce it last week .. by getting it noted early and d/q'ing as Q did Meta's verse .. a late entry .. and now he's switched it on me and allowed the next guy to let it slip .. later adding "well actually, it's up to the competitors to decide on rulings and not the mod" .. meh ..
    test
  12. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

i'll just get at you on aim when i see you...pms don't suffice for a convo...

and lol @ lucy...this lame takes everything to heart and has been on his little " I hate got life? " campaign from the second he became mod...talk about someone who can't be considered a partial jury.
    test
  13. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

erm .. since I became mod? .. really? ..
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

This is the thing though,

In recent weeks, we've had a numerous amount of people petitioning to get rid of the extension rule period, with Lucifa being the mascot. Everyone has complained about it throughout the season and I believe back when GL? was a mod, we enacted a rule that states no extensions over 24 hours.

MetaSin had an extension and STILL posted late. And I STILL would have let it stand had Got Life? not brought it to my attention. If I let it stand then, I think it would have been a bad moral judgment, a turd in Got Life?'s face who would have raised hell and rightfully so, and not to mention negating the main views of the league throughout the season who have fought to rid the league of extensions in the first place.

And me and Lucy are fighting, mainly because he keeps picking the fight. As a mod, he should stand by me and have my back, not enforce my rules but in every post tell why he doesnt want to or what he thinks should happen or how my decisions are bullshit. That's like treason or something. I appreciate what he does and he's a cool character, but the good cop routine is over done.
    test
  15. 3-Planes

3-Planes Cruel... and unusual

you guys are like the big dysfunctional family i already had...
    test
  16. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

lol 3-P .. welcome to the family son ..
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

it was up to the competitor last week, i think that's what you're missing

had GL? allowed it, Meta's verse would have stood, but GL? sent me a p/m asking to disqualify the verse on account of breaking the rules, then i replied with something along the lines of "are you serious" and he blatantly said yes with valid reasoning

so therefore, the verse was dq'd

thing such as extensions are usually left up to the competitor, especially after they post, its too minimal of a decision for a moderator to rightfully step in and it would cause to many no-shows, its always been the competitor's decision, in fact... it wasn't until this season that we cut the limit down to 24 hours after the original deadline, before the competitor could extend it up to sunday if they agreed to it

but GL? didnt agree, and in his defense he claimed that he would have said something sooner but his computer was acting up
    test
  18. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

but he was online on that Saturday after .. read the verse and probably thought he'd win on votes since he loves his own work way more than anyone else does .. unfortunately his banked votes were of no use .. so called the rule up .. this is what I think was not fair and not for the good of the league ..

I edited "vote now" on the Mariah battle .. then thought about all that was written in the mag .. with your words really appearing to be "no mercy" style vybe .. so I went and checked all the times and found a few infringements .. so upheld the rules that were called in to question last week that also cast a dark cloud on the start of this week because of all the drama surrounding it ..

we can all see the time so the decision should be the same each time .. whereas something like a recycled verse may only come to light after the votes are done and then that's the time to announce people wasted their time voting .. I didn't want a repeat and thus upheld the same rule you did for GL? .. only straight away rather than (IMO) 'too late' ..
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

ldogg has been bugging me all year about my grades, who cares?

and i dont remember calling mariah and herb mainly because i dont say "herb", but i'll take the blame, i really dont know what she's talkin about though and i dont feel like searching the mag for it so whatevers clever

and lucy, quite frankly you just dont have a clear idea of what's better for the league, you're new at this and i honestly dont trust your judgment, you have plenty good ideas but you're too pro-choice to lead such an immature league, and being that you're new and came in at the end of the season... of course its ask Q first, or not so much as ask Q but make sure that we agree first

we still haven't even had a proper introduction to views on this league, you just came in and started posting polls and what not rallying the league against Q and his iron fist

every week there's a new thread negating one of my views and trying to get the league to take sides, you disagree with everything i do but before you were mod it seemed as if you respected my decisions

what changed?

no matter, you're right because i will be leaving soon and not sure if i will return fulltime ever again, ive been at this at least 7 months longer than i agreed when jook originally picked me up so im satisfied, and i feel as if ive made all good decisions pertaining to this league, but oh well...
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

GL? didnt allow it

Mariah did

dont you get it?

my point in the mag is that it shouldn't take someone to allow, we all must follow the rules efficiently in order for this league to progress rapidly, and if someone does call a valid rule breach into question then 9 times out of 10 we will abide by the rules given that it is the clear and most effective decision

had mariah disallowed it and meggido argued like meta/nom/rico did, then it would have the same outcome as last week's turmoil, but mariah allowed it like almost everyone believes GL? should have, but if i step on GL?'s toes then i'll have to step on everyone's and allow everything within a certain window and dead the fact that the competitor has the right to choose

thus negating your whole "no extensions" escapade, because i would be allowing many extensions and well over 24 hours

i really feel like im beating a dead horse
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.