[RANKS] Week Fourteen Official Rankings/Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lucy... the good cop/bad cop routine is overdone
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

it wasn't technically up to GL

the extension was granted for both and Meta exceeded that extension, technically his verse was automatically disqualified however no one noticed nor cared enough to actually DQ and therefore it stood and won, GL was simply the person to bring it to my attention

same as the nom de plume case, and rico case, i didnt even notice the late links because i rarely check things of that nature, but i received private messages telling me that their links were late and what not because people were complaining of losing by votes after the deadline in which case i had to DQ the votes, looking back i could have let nom have it on the strength of "allowing" it but i dont want to give the wrong impression because it is not the competitor's decision to allow links to be late which is where its tough being a competitor and a moderator

but yes, competitors have the say in whether an extension will be granted after they have posted, but only until 11:59 Friday night

and this rule will most likely be tampered with before next season as this extension nonsense has caused a lot of drama
    test
  3. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

lol...are there even going to be 16 people in the tourney this season?
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

guess i called that one just about right
    test
  5. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  7. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

lmao @ the indecision ..

ok .. so Mariah holds out to see how the votes go .. starts losing (haven't read verses so no idea) .. then decides to show up saturday or sunday and voids the battle ..

bullshit decision Q .. should be closed until Mariah gives word to allow .. not vice versa ..
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

^whats the difference

she'll scrap it or not, either way meggido knows that he was past deadline so this way they'll get proper feedback regardless, she'll most likely take the easy win one way or another but this way people will be have another option to vote on and both verses can receive criticism

the alternative situation is just as nonsensical really, close it and then she comes in on sunday to say that she allows it and nobody votes on it so theres no point, or close it and she comes in tonight and disallows it and its just another two verses wasted

if meggido didnt fully understand the situation then id leave it closed, but this way there are more open battles to vote on and he knows what his chances are whereas meta was blindsighted which made for a terrible situation
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and hopefully she'll show with an answer before sunday

keep in mind that she has to vote on 5 battles to receive the win regardless, so showing up on sunday night will leave little time to vote on 5 matches and post the links before deadlines
    test
  10. Eye-Rime

Eye-Rime the intellectual.

well look at that lucy,

seems as if i made the right call
    test
  11. Mariah Noelle

Mariah Noelle from RB

I already responded, so fuck you guys. I'm not a cheater.
    test
  12. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

you kids are so angry.
    test
  13. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Lol, that's so unnecessary, doggy. Lucy was just trying to strictly enforce the rules that you wanted to strictly enforce.
    test
  14. Eye-Rime

^neither was this

its like, are you with me or against me lucy?

all i see is this "i would do this but Q says this" and "i disagree but we have to do it how Q does it"

all of this pro-moral judgement crap, and then when i make a judgement its a bullshit decision

whatevers clever

last week was an issue with deadlines and for that we revert to the rules, this should be obvious but i see that it is not, now lucy's tryna paint me as this tyrant or something because i didnt change the deadlines last week to "better the league"
    test
  15. Eye-Rime

no one labeled you as a cheater

i think you're taking this all wrong, we were actually hoping that you didn't take the easy win but if so, then it was rightfully yours being that he posted late
    test
  16. TheReturn

Yeah, that was over the line as well.
    test
  17. TheReturn

Let us all collab and make up.
    test
  18. RICO

RICO my daughter right there

wow....at all the bull shit.....
    test
  19. Eye-Rime

^seconded.

but me and lucy are cool, a bit dysfunctional but we get the job done

im down for a collab if i can find 20 minutes to write and/or an inspiring topic
    test
  20. Mariah Noelle

Mariah Noelle from RB

can I be in the collab? :(

BTW, yeah, my battle controversies are over, so you can vote now, but I am upset that in the mag my piece is called herbish before being read...sad.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.