[RANKS] Week Fourteen Official Rankings/Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

test
  2. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

ah man .. I just noticed the timing of Meggido's verse .. ok .. so we technically have 1 more no-show ..
    test
  3. Meggido

Meggido New Member

Dude, seriously; I know mods can check the time of post.
    It says at the top that I edited in my Topics.
    test
  4. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

edit time is at foot of post .. post time is at the top .. and both times are after deadline ..

read the mag for your ruling reasons ..
    test
  5. TheReturn

The post was 41 minutes late, the edit was 1 hour 51 minutes late. Just ask Mariah to allow it, isn't it up to the competitor anyways? Maybe she won't pull a GL?
    test
  6. Meggido

Meggido New Member

Says 10:41 at the top of mine?
    w/e though. Ask Mariah?

Sounds fair to me.
    test
  7. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Nope .. Q has stated that the rules are to be followed to the strictest degree .. no discretion ..
    test
  8. TheReturn

So why is Smoke vs. Speedy extended? Why is CK vs. IT extended?
    test
  9. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

because the extensions were asked for .. and they were asked both before the opponent verse (so auto granted) and both before deadline ..

this is the shit behind my side of the "let's use some common sense" argument .. but Q isn't having any of it .. so Meg's verse is d/q'd on the same grounds and rule as Meta's last week ..
    test
  10. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

fucksake .. I just went to check the other extensions to make sure all is well .. and unfortunately .. RICO asked for the ext 9 minutes after deadline .. which equals a double no-show ..

after all was looking promising for an active week ..
    test
  11. TheReturn

But Meta's wasn't DQ'ed until GL? bitched out. It was up to the opponent then, same way it has always been.

That's why priority should go to the one who showed. Not many people enjoy getting no-showed on, and I'd be pissed if I wrote a verse, AND my opponent wrote a verse as well but we couldn't get critique because he posted it a few minutes late.
    test
  12. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

^ it's been up to competitors to allow extensions after they post a verse ..

however .. I can't leave the thread open .. have votes come in .. and then it is ruled as a no-show still ..

If Mariah comes in and wants the thread open .. then Q can make the decision .. but as it stands I'm going on Q's comments about how strict the rules are to be enforced .. so it's a no-show win ..

I'm off for some breakfast ..
    test
  13. TheReturn

That is terrible for the league. Like devastating. And I know he will probably come in here and throw a shit fit about not getting the recognition he deserves and what not, but seriously.

Basically what is being said is that writing a verse and posting it a few minutes late is worse than popping in to ask for an extension and peacing out for the night (most of the time only to no show the next day anyway). That's not the kind of look you want.

Personally, I think they should be outlawed altogether, but it definitely shouldn't promote the granting of extensions OVER a complete verse posted a few minutes late. That's insane.
    test
  14. Meggido

Meggido New Member

lol...I get plenty of recognition Homie.
    But yeah...I'm in agreement with most
    of that. W/E though...it's ya'lls league.

If Mariah's Down and Q let's it be, then cool.
    test
  15. Meggido

Meggido New Member

P.S. I know you're in here Pastor.
    At least in the Forum.
    test
  16. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

yall really fucked up with this extension shit.. everyone wants one now like its the cool thing to do.... shows you "have a life" and "Are too busy to post on time" lol on some self esteem boost shit.. some of that help raise a chin up shit...lol yall dudes have no reason to extend shit other than to do some other thing you dont wanna have time for
    test
  17. Meggido

Meggido New Member

Dude...stfu.
    test
  18. 3-Planes

3-Planes Cruel... and unusual

wow, will this tag-system turn lame fast or what
    test
  19. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I've argued the case that it's for the good of the league to have leniancy .. it went down like a lead balloon with Q though .. don't pin this shit on me .. it'd stand and extensions would be at the cost of vote deductions if it were 'my' rules .. but it's not and I have to uphold the rules that Q and Jook set ..
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

if your competitor allows it then its cool, you have to ask before they post and all that nonsense for it to be automatically allowed but if they've posted and they allow an extension then it is granted for up to 24 hours or 11:59 Friday night

so all is well
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.