[RANKS] Week Fourteen Official Rankings/Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Sorry Q .. missed all the dramas with all these time issues .. spent the weekend and yesterday painting a house .. risking life and limb on some extension roof in blazing hot heat .. and now I'm aching like a mother fucker .. and pulled a muscle in my shoulder .. not good man ..

I'll start on the mag and await your email(s) ..
    test
  2. RICO

RICO my daughter right there

yo what the fuck????

Ranked 11th.....

last week i was 8th. i undertstand that my record is not a winning record and all, but i have won two weeks ina row....granted it is by no-shows, and definatley not the way i'd like to win. i'd rather my opponent show, recieve constuctive critisism, and lose than take a no show win.

but the fact is that i won.....

No offense to Infinate Truth.....great writer but he was 10th last week....and also won by a no show...how is he in the contender ship and i am not????

i wrote a decent verse and in the following weeks i will continue to get in a groove....and by playy-off i will Step my game up considerably....

MODS- you guys are doing a wonderfull job, i would just like a real and reasonable reason on why i was skipped out of a contender match.

if its possible throw me in with a three way or some thing cause im really aggrivated on this subject.....

thank you for your time....

Shit.....i just realized that my time here is two hours late...its only 2:00 in the mourning now and this post says 4:00.....i guess by standards and rules....i didnt get the win...

and none of my votes counted...???? which is weak. i tried really hard to post all of my votes before 12...which in my time was atleast two hours early.....

super gay....shit pisses me off.....

also...i should be 5-8 any way...i think i was robbed a win as my starting record when i signed back in....

-RICO
    test
  3. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Q handles all the ranks and records business RICO ..

but yeah .. strictness is befalling the time/deadline stuff .. as all rules should be enforced .. leniancy and discretion (and common sense) should also be used for the good of the league also ..

you feel hard done by? .. you should try MetaSin's shoes on right now ..

it feels real shitty that with such low turn outs .. the people that are showing are getting shafted by minor details ..
    test
  4. RICO

i undertand...and i didnt read what happened with met until after i had written myne we both got fucked....Nom i belive did as well but to be honest i really dont like alias anyway hahaha

but to be honest we took the time to read and post votes...if anything my votes were on time just not my links....

i think a stretch could be made for the better of the leauge...i was really hypeed about being in the contender cause i knew i was gonna be thier after this win.....so i made sure i posted my votes...like i do no matter what happenes...

unless my daughter is sick or somthing....

just kinda hurt to be cheated....
    test
  5. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

they hating on u rico. its a plan by the man 2 keep u down
    test
  6. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

TR pm me that collabo and i'll hop on that last wish bit.
    test
  7. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

i thought we were past this rico!
    i thought we were friends!
    test
  8. Eye-Rime

Eye-Rime the intellectual.

no cheating

your votes were after the deadline

you were only required to vote on the champ and contender as i let that rule slide last week being that most people didnt realize/recognize the new rules set in place, and yet only one of yours were on time which would be the champ vote

everything else was far past 12 in the morning, sorry RICO
    test
  9. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

test. blah. nothing.
    test
  10. Infinite Truth

Infinite Truth ...scatterboxx rocks.

q.

no offense meant by the following, but...

nom voted on time. isn't that ultimately what matters?
    rules are rules, i know.
    but fact is,
    you don't deserve the champ position.

you lost by votes.
    he didn't post one of his votes on time back in your battle thread. so...? big deal. he voted, right?

you're a great writer - by far one of the league's best.

but... really.
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

^true

and for that matter, metasin posted and voted and deserves his win, GL? definitely doesn't deserve to be in the champ match

and further, RICO voted and should be up there as well

you know what, fuck the rules, we should all just do what we want to

or, a better idea would be to follow them

nom only had 1 vote that was in on time and i think its was 11:59 EXACT, in which case he still posted the links 20 minutes after the deadline which is against the rules

had battles been closed on time, no links would have been posted and i wouldnt even have noticed that he voted

and furthermore, i had counted a win, but others private messaged me about he and RICO being late because it disrupted their matches, which is why i checked it out in the first place, so theres two sides to this story, in one corner you have nom being the victor and others losing because of his late votes and complaining to me, or in the other corner you have the rules enforced thus resulting in nom rightfully losing votes and others winning their matches

i really am only being as fair as possible, i've weighed all of the options and this was the best one that i found
    test
  12. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

i posted each link directly after voting.
    i really don't mind.
    just saying, one may, just may have been on time.
    i'll just know to have the right time from now on eh.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

^if that's the case, then you should have spoken up

but there was no way for me to know that, and this is the first ive heard the possible scenario

either way, i doubt it, because the one vote that was on time was posted at 11:59 exactly which is the deadline for votes, so i seriously doubt that you also posted the link at 11:59 as well

but maybe
    test
  14. Infinite Truth

Infinite Truth ...scatterboxx rocks.

ahhh... i see. i didn't understand the situation fully.

to my understanding, nom lost because one of his votes wasn't posted in his/your battle thread, but he voted on time.

if the vote was 20 mins late, then i think it's def fair.

i'm not trying to disregard rules in this debate by any means.
    rules are rules.
    but something as insignificant as that certainly shouldn't be the deciding factor in a champ match.

anyway,
    i got you.

just passing personal judgment based on what i had understood.

apparently, i understood incorrectly.
    so that's my bad.
    test
  15. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

^ wait for the mag .. this shit is what threads the mag together ..
    test
  16. RICO

Q....im taking it fine and i really dont mind....it was just that my time is off as well as Noms, and according to my time i was two hours early, but my bad i guess i should change my time,(which i thought was always right since i register'd)
    but oh well.....

On another note......

not counting, my win?????

i mean thats a lil harsh....almost like i never posted a verse at all....?? which would lead to me being able to recycle and revise, my story last week. i mean....regardless of me vote'n late....my opp. didnt even take the time to write a verse....which i did....and voted...not cause i knew i had a win but for the better of the leauge.

its like when voting is scarse, and threads are labeled "NEED VOTES" or "VOTE NOW" and no shows are a big issue, shit would slide....

but since GL woulda lost if my vote and who everelses was late....he PM's.....

GL didnt even know that i was in the leauge???? for the last two weeks!....funny he complains about my vote....if it was for him...im sure it wouldnt of went down like this...

any way...

just get at me about these

1. why should i not get a win on my record for not voting....i still posted my verse...
    and regardless of being late i did vote..

2. i was hoping to get my record changed...
    last season, i was 3-8 before battle'n Baron....which i won....make'n me 4-8.....and after that, the playyofs where i beat juked or what ever his name was....making me 5 and 8 and then lost to nah son....

any way lemme know??

-RICO
    test
  17. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

posting your verse is only half the job of a competitor .. the other half is the voting .. so yes .. you showed and your opponent didn't .. but to claim the win you needed to make the votes .. and make them on time ..

I actually agree with you .. but Q has taken the stance that all the rules are non negotiable and will be held to the strictest degree .. hence you not getting the win you do 'deserve' ..
    test
  18. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

kiddo I ain't complain about your vote...i got better shit to do with my life...
    test
  19. RICO

well good looks Luc,

preciate your concern, and your understanding. read the mag and although i kinda frown on the props you give me on my verses....is'all'good...

you do have the right idea on how the rules should be bent to better the leauge...
    and thats the right direction....
    on the same hand i can see where Q's coming from aswell, but it just sucks..

gimme a break...im totally for the leauge. i would help with the mag if possible but my wife barley lets me on in this much..!!!!!!

lol
    test
  20. RICO

GL..your a good writer and we've never had a mix up in the past but that win you took last week was really low bro....

tryna claim that voters aint smart enough to understand your story and all that balh blah blah....you clearly lost and took the easy route for a win....i woulda never exspected that from you.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.