[RANKS]Week 6 match-ups & lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by xX_NASTY_Xx, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

it saddens me that your this unfamiliar with the history of the culture you claim to be so much apart of

you would think that if the pioneers of hiphop culture overlooked ethnic background that maybe kids today could do the same.

befor you claim hiphop culture again, i would request you you become familiar with how hip hop came about. pay attention to what happens in the late 60's an early 70's, especialy the graffiti aspect an a group called Wanted founded by Tracy168 and their affilitation with the Black Spades.
    test
  2. liquid`acid

so basicly you think white ppls opinions on hiphop are less valid then those of black ppl
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

^Just stop. He's an ignorant supremicist who wants every white person to be an apologist...
    test
  4. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

pain aligned weird refers to my brains chemical imbalance
    test
  5. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

liquid there is absolutely nothing wrong with ending a bar early and starting a new rhyme or changing it up..

rhythm and rhymes can be formatted in many ways
    test
  6. liquid`acid

well if you want to me to point out everything nice about your verse instead of what i see is wrong with it i can do that i guess...

but i seriously think it messes things up, ima use my verse from last week to see if i can explain what i mean
    "Churchill says keep trucken when im goin thru hell
    ionno, fuck it, lets stop an see if my soul will sell
    my best way to get paid, im claming insane
    i see a deamon speeding towards me down the street"
    this sequence is messed up because i should have had another line in their that ryhmed with 'insane'

i did it again in my 3rd verse
    "but when you tried to hit that bitch fucken split
    she fucked your judgement an look what you got"
    i jerk with a start as i shake the effects off"
    to make this flow decently i needed another line to rhyme with 'split'
    despite the fact 'split' ryhmes with what comes befor it

at least this is how i see it, if you have a different idea of writing mechanics, thats YOUR idea
    test
  7. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

no i want you to acknowledge that the previous bar doesnt have to rhyme with the next one at the end every bar

my best way to get paid, im claming insane
    i see a deamon speeding towards me down the street"

nothin to wrong with this at all maybe street fiendin woulda been a little better but it doesnt have to rhyme with insane
    test
  8. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

obviously u have somewhat of an idea it doesnt have too if ur doing it urself... i
    test
  9. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

pain ur really nitpicking hard at peoples rhymes as i read ur votes... nothing wrong with rhyming mail and still people actually say still and mail in a way where it can rhyme without sounding forced outside of hip hop
    test
  10. liquid`acid

ok thats fair enough, but we are all giving critiques based on how we see things. there is no universal rhythm an rhyming critique guide because we are all basing it off what appeals to us.

if someone says somthin that you disagree with, then discard it as a piece of critue your not going to listen to because you have your own path of penmanship to follow

i cannot critique your verse based on what appeals to you, only what appeals to me. obviously we have different ideas about this and you have done well to talk to me about it

i will do my best to overlook it in your next verses.

as to my doing it.

im a complete an utter novice, last weeks verse was the first piece i ever wrote that a set of eyes other then my own have seen. prior to that i had never sat down an written more then 4 lines at one time.

i recognized the aspects of it that didnt seem right to me, but i was unable to identify exactly why and what to do about it. you can probly see a reflection of my epiphany in this weeks verse.
    test
  11. liquid`acid

bah, now im all stoned an demotivated to give critical breakdowns of verses lol
    test
  12. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

^im in the same boat as u i wanna vote for all the battles but its too much time unfourtunately
    test
  13. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

respect to gotlife for easin up this week whether intentional or not
    test
  14. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

K3. No offense man, because this applies to me too, but we all need polish.

All I'm tryin' to do is help people polish up their shit.

Mail and still? Really? What accent lends itself to that rhyming? Pronounce mell and stell, maybe, but that's about it. It sounds forced.

And aligned weird, in the context you used it in, does not work gramatically nor linguistically. I know what you meant when you said it, it just sounds weird.

I'm not bein' harsh. You should see the criticism I got when I first joined the league. It took me a while to realize that it's the little things that count, and they can cloud the big picture if not done right. I'm just tryin' to help...
    test
  15. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

i really dont get it tho so death and them rhyme but mail and still dont? thats ridculous in hip hop ur allowed to do things like rhyme words that dont normally rhyme and make em rhyme, style and out dont rhyme but i can make them.
    test
  16. Joro

Joro New Member

When it comes to government, white people's opinions matter more than black people's. When it comes to world economic forces, white people's opinions matter more than black people's.

When it comes to hiphop, black people's opinion matter more. Why does it matter more? Because of the first paragraph. Learn what hiphop is. You'll have to do that on your own.

About your other post on the ORIGINS of hiphop - HipHop is the rebirth of an ancient cultural aesthetic from Africa. Because blacks in America were never completely isolated from white people, I'm sure that you're right...there probably were some white graph artists doing their thing in the seventies.

But you have to understand HipHop is NOT an artform. It is NOT a blank canvas that you can paint anything on. Just cuz you're rhyming does not mean you're producing hiphop. HipHop is a culture, a movement, with VALUES. And these values are reflective of the people of that culture.
    test
  17. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I love hispanic chicks....they are just soo beautiful
    test
  18. liquid`acid

yes and no. yes in the sense that the primarily white american gov will bully blak gov of 3rd world countries. but for the black people in american parliament their opinion carries the same weight as the white people.

i think you mean rap, ill explain later.
    and if you mean rap then yes i agree.

thats disapointing, just africa? really? no credit to the fact the music pretty much evolved from jamaican influence? blues dancing or toasting if i recall correctly, not to mention the dj scene as well.

an your right hip-hop isnt an art form, its a culture with its own style of music called rap that is an art form.

is there some reason you think rap is special to the point where it has to have specific content or w/e? if i make a rock song but sing about rainbows and elephants, its still rock. if i make a rap song about brushing my teeth its still rap.
    test
  19. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

next week ima try and give more feedback on the votes if i got the time... like for nick names ur verse deserved more depth in the vote
    test
  20. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

u gonna clean up my battle too tac?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.