[RANKS] Week 5 Ranks and Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Tbh.. I feel as if i really beasted the topic this week.. Ftw..

Shorcro beasted too!!! Yo, lets get next week ready. Im ready... Lets gt the vtng prcss ovr wit and prceed
    test
  2. ShogunCrosse

ShogunCrosse The Fuckin' Good Guy...

Aight, I shall be indisposed for an hour or so while voting...finally...lol

Where in the hell is everybody? lol

LP-Imma come up with some ideas, along with scrollsies lol, and i'll PM you some plans bout gettin the RSTL more known over the net an shit...
    And i appreciate you volunteering to help out...Text may be dead, but i know for a fact theres thousands, possibly millions of writers who would love this type of writing scrypt...Anything which takes technique and ability when writing is somethin that has a high potential for becoming a huge thing...Another element of hip-hop along with the five orignal elements...I would personally love to start helping Scrypt to get back into the spotlight once again...
    We already created a wikipedia page on it, among other things back in the day...
    Imma try to get up with one of the original founders of this underrated genre (richard corey) again, and see if he has made any sort of progress since our venture in '06...Then, we shall see what the future holds, and possibly breathe life back into the dying genre of scrypt
    test
  3. Scrolls-Oracle of Omen

Scrolls-Oracle of Omen *DBS*--*A.B.C*

I already contacted Richard.:)
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. ShogunCrosse

This is just one bit of what was happening when we were actively fighting to make scrypt an element of hip-hop culture
    I'll periodically post other issues on the subject for informational purposes
    test
  5. ShogunCrosse

Very nice scrolls....call me bro...imma be busy soon, voting, doin homework an shit...so lets talk for a minute :)
    test
  6. ShogunCrosse

according to Richard Corey

Scrypt (also known as script but mostly referred to as text) is a style of contemporary hip hop (Hip hop at AllExperts) poetry (Poetry at AllExperts) popular on several hip hop (http://en.allexperts.com/e/h/hi/hip_hop_music.htm)-oriented Internet (Internet at AllExperts) message board (http://en.allexperts.com/e/m/me/message_board.htm)s. It is inspired from the lyrics to underground rap (http://en.allexperts.com/e/u/un/underground_rap.htm) music and differs from traditional poetry in that it heavily incorporates complex and structured rhyme (Rhyme at AllExperts) and rhyme scheme (Rhyme scheme at AllExperts), dialect (Dialect at AllExperts), implied rhythm (Rhythm at AllExperts) and visual wordplay. Also, like many other forms of poetry, scrypt can be used effectively as a narrative tool. Scrypt pieces can be written to include plots, characterization, dialogue, and most often are used to make a moral or social statement.Technique

The Use of Rhymes

Despite the apparent disdain Robert Frost (Robert Frost at AllExperts) had for "free verse (http://en.allexperts.com/e/f/fr/free_verse.htm)," (describing it as playing tennis (Tennis at AllExperts) with the net down) most modern forms of poetry have ignored the discipline and structure that accompany rhyming poetry. Among literary circles, rhyming poetry is often seen as the work of a novice. If any rhyme is used it is sparse and inconsequential. Scrypt generally depends heavily on the use of rhyme, which makes it unique and, arguably, more challenging to master.

Writers pain-stakingly search the English language to complete disciplined structures. Writers sometimes heavily weave rhymes throughout their pieces to the point of abstract incoherence. This apparent "rhyme obsession" of scrypt is partly due to the fact that, unlike rapping (Rapping at AllExperts), scrypt artists are not confined by a beat or musical meter. As a result, writers are allowed the artistic freedom to explore rhymes.Complex Rhyme Structures

Heavily influenced by underground hip hop lyricists, scrypt has always required a greater emphasis on complex rhyme schemes as a sign of skill and ability. These rhyme patterns include:
    * outer rhymes (rhymes appearing at the end of lines), (e.g Embrace the hallow face of sorrow… script them in serials/with the hellhounds on you, you should have plenty material, )[1 (]::Rambling On My Mind:: - Project Rhyme
    * inner rhymes (rhymes placed inside lines), (e.g SickSick…Demonic ebonics, moving with perverted inertia /F-ck their cacophonic harmonics…this verbage will hurt ya, )[2 (]::Rambling On My Mind:: - Project Rhyme
    *"kick-backs" (rhymes that bounce from outside to inside the line) (e.g,a living legend' giving peasants petty lessons, using theft as weapons/death, don't let in, breath is air breathed from other dimensions,)[3 (]a little somin somin - Project Rhyme
    *"carry-overs" (schemes that connect couplets with different rhymes), ect. (e.g fell in love and experienced the hellish fun/devils run around with spirits with a spell or some/get mail in tons, sell for funds, snort rails in dozens'')
    *"multisyllabic rhyme" (known among writers as multis or multies) i.e rhyming more than one corresponding syllable of a phrase with another, such as "damaged rib" and "savage fib".

As a result of the rigor involved in maintaining rhyme patterns, scrypt artists sometimes forego using exact rhymes. Often, when supported by strong rhyme schemes, half rhymes may be employed. Writers often use regional dialects to make distant words with similar sounds appear to rhyme, such as rhyming "black" with "cat", or rhyming "mail" with "cell", which sound more similar in certain dialects, while in others sound completely different.Flow & Rhythm

Unlike traditional poets, scrypt writers typically don't consider meter very heavily, although it is very prevalent. As a result, it becomes the writer's burden to create a rhythm that can be translated from the writer's sub-conscious to the reader.

Writers who are capable of using even, methodical rhythm created by connecting rhymes into a recognizeable scheme, line length and structure are considered to be using good flow (a term common in poetry). When lines drag along, separate from each other, or do not seem to be complimentary, the writer is seen as having a "stretched", or often simple "bad" flow. Some writers educated in classic poetry may use forms such as iambic pentameter (http://en.allexperts.com/e/i/ia/iambic_pentameter.htm).Visual Wordplay

Another unique aspect of scrypt is its use of visual wordplay, often pun (http://en.allexperts.com/e/p/pu/pun.htm)s. Visual wordplay is a poetic tool confined for scrypt art and is written to be read, as opposed to being read aloud.

In scrypt, there are three most commonly used types of visual wordplay.
    *Word Fusion, which involves combining two or more words to form an entirely different word;
    *Word Fission, which involves dividing a word into syllables and connecting the different syllables in altered ways; and
    *Double Meaning, which involves the usage of homophones to subtract multiple meanings from a single line.
    test
  7. ShogunCrosse

Just a large overview of Scrypt for info purposes (If you read, you'll see that text may be dead, but only in some places..and can be revived by simply stirring it back into life...As you read, you'll even see instances where artists Scrypts have been published in mags etc.) Very interesting, and helpful knowledge for motivation ;)
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

wow i read that shit and felt a connection to it all it made me feel like an orgasm of knowledge was bursting into my reality realm of reasoning in my brain, and ya writing is one of mankinds strongest tool, therefore the popularity definitly can be revived we just gotta make it exciting again and get people excited
    test
  9. ShogunCrosse

And the funny thing is, there are thousands who feel that same way, but, the problem lies in "gathering"...There's thousands of textcees, but they often just think they're only one of a few who do this...So wrong lol...If those thousands who hold this passion new there were so many more like them, then it would heighten Scrypt greatly...It's all about gathering and giving them the knowledge about how well in-depth and detailed Scrypt and texceeing really is...as well as letting them know they're not the only ones who hold this immense passion, on the contrary, we are many...Simply needing to come together...Popularity forms from numbers, and the numbers are there...just the knowledge of those numbers are not seen...So we must show them...
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

amen.. im glad im a "lyricalpriest" thats exactly what i do! what u described.. lol.. well would hope to do
    test
  11. Scrolls-Oracle of Omen

Sup mk u slut...Ur missing all the fun in the alley lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

shogun - i hate you. i said i was never going to lose again before last week. now you make me lose. asshole.
    test
  13. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

i Fucked A Poodle Last Night.
    test
  14. Tacky Jones

yeah and im sure your girl thinks she fucked an asian last night
    test
  15. ShogunCrosse

well, honestly t.a.c after bein so crunched for time this week and rushing to post what i had, i was pretty damned worried you were gonna walk away with it this week...I'm surprised myself bro
    But I will tell ya, you brought some sick shit this week...after posting, i read your whole verse then thats when i was worried lol...You come with even better shit next week then DAMN! watch out rstl
    test
  16. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

Even An Asian Has A Bigger Penis Than I Do.
    test
  17. Tacky Jones

haha. thanks shogun. i actually threw it together in a few hours on friday too. it always seems like when i write something and i dont think its that good, the voters will say its an improvement. :dunno:

@ riot - they make pills for that
    test
  18. ShogunCrosse

I dont know bout you fellas but as i was writing i just had one film score pop into my head, thats why i used it as background music to the story...But i think thats a good idea if anyone wishes to do so...just type 'film scores' etc into youtube...
    I would never use a hip-hop instrumental simply because of the different flowing styles of readers..if they listened to a beat as they read the verse then anyone could get jammed up and feel it doesnt flow...but some background mood music like used in movies would just add to the emotional suspense etc. Just an idea if you guys wanted to use somethin similar...(And i felt like postin somethin to get to post 135, lol)
    test
  19. ShogunCrosse

FOR WHOEVER HASNT VOTED, VOTE!!!! lol...champ match needs em (i think there may be only 2 or 3 votes so far ???)
    test
  20. Scrolls-Oracle of Omen

I believe that.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.