[RANKS] Week 47 Ranks/Lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Not what I said. No cop out. I said I don't rap, but I'm confident that I can beat you in anything not involving some God-given talent.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

If I were interested in audio, I wouldn't be moderating a text league, now would I?

See, it's that stupidity that makes me confident in my ability to beat you at just about anything.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

If I find you've voted against everyone that's voted against you, I'll discredit then and ban you from the league. That simple. Can't tolerate this foolishness much longer.

People vote against you because you're not winning.
    test
  4. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

Dude...I don't hate vote because I'm not a faggot... but your boy Thorne just did that to me....I don't see you saying anything to him or admonishing him in any way...

Lol @ me getting "discredited" from a league that has no credit itself...and don't start swooning with stories about the olden days when "people came from all over the internet to participate"...'cause it sure as shit ain't like that now....ever ask yourself why that is?

Oh, and btw...intellect has very little to do with recording a verse on a track...intellect is closely correlated with good writing, but there are plenty of poor to average writers of moderate intellect who go hard on a beat because they KNOW HOW TO RAP, HAVE A STRONG VOICE, AND HAVE A GOOD SENSE OF RHYTHM...things that you and just about every other participant in this league obviously lack...

You know what...go ahead and ban me because this shit is actually regressive for me in terms of writing, honestly...

EDIT; Oh and also...for the record...making the statement "I am confident I can beat you, but I'm not interested in doing so" is the most cliched cop out known to man...

Bye now...
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Your comment suggested that you're voting in spite. Haven't seen a similar comment from Thorne that would suggest that.

By discredit, I am referring to discounting your votes if they were, indeed, hate votes.

I need not pretend that the league is in a healthy state. I've said several times that the talent level is low and most everyone sucks. Not to mention we're floating around maybe 10 active participants. And no, I do not wonder why, I know. We've all grown up and have kids and the world evolved and text battling all across the net has suffered as a result. There is no new wave, just a few new heads that arrive and clash with the few old heads left.

As for the cop out, you won't entice me. I'm truly not a rapper. I could see if I did audio, then your challenge and my lack of acceptance would indicate that I'm "copping out". However, I do not record. I would gladly battle you here though, in text. Or at any site for that matter.
    test
  6. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

You gave me fair criticism in the battle thread...probably the first truthful criticism I've seen since I've been here...

Especially the part about everyone in this league being conditioned to dislike my style, because I think that is definitely a truthful statement...

Here's my response...I am conditioned to dislike your style. For the millionth time, when you construct a verse with no schemes and no flare, you force your self into a corner where you have to come up with a punch every other line. This applies too much pressure, and forces the writer to include recycled, played out, or just plain nonsensical content.

You accuse me of being uneducated, however, if you had ever taken an introductory psychology course, you would know that difficult tasks are performed with the most proficiency under minimal duress, and simple tasks are performed with the most proficieny under maximum duress...and coming up with genuine double entendres that work and makse sense is a difficult task...if you think it's easy, then you aren't coming up with genuine double entendres...

Also, the hypoxia line was about me driving by and making my opponent run for his life...under intense aerobic conditions, the bloodstream is unable to properly oxygenate the muscles and hypoxia sets in. Just FYI.

I have shown the verse to several other people, and they have all said the verse was immaculately worded and flowed well, and these are people who battle in the real world.

And so; the moral of the story is that I don't insert punchlines every other line because if I did then my verse would come out reading like one of yours...a bunch of semi-lucid nigh nonsensical forced wordplay with one or two lines that actually form coherent double entendres thrown in the mix somewhere...

Also...sorry about the violent content, but that's the type of environment I grew up around...so it's what I relate to...
    test
  7. ski mask

ski mask The Don

Rave,

We aren't changing our style to make U better. We have evolved. It's like 'sity said, we used the style U are using (delivery, flow, setup, structure, the type of punches U use) when we were newbs on this board. I think the board was originated back in like 1999 or 2001. So, U are a decade behind on ya style homie.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

So then, the trick is to form a punch per each 2 lines AND make sense, still rhyming and whatnot. That's what separates the good from the bad. What you're proposing is throwing 2 punches per 20 lines because it's too difficult to come up with 10. Not a strong argument.

But, every line doesn't need to be wordplay or something creative. Many lines are used to brag or say something direct or personal.

I don't know. I'm tired of talking about it. To each his own.
    test
  9. ThisisDAM

ThisisDAM Turn The Pages

Fun vacuum
    test
  10. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

humor as well as sarcasm goes over this dudes head

I SAID YO HOLD IT DOWN - SLOW IT DOWN

I said humor and sarcasm goes over his head.
    test
  11. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

smh...2 votes in Res and my battle.
    test
  12. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

ill post new week shortly.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Yea, I planned to vote and close threads tonight. Oh well.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.