[RANKS] Week 47 Ranks/Lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

Whoa, man...sorry to hear that....hope you're alright...will pray...
    test
  2. Ravenous510

Sorry to hear that man...hope you're alright...will pray...improve your eating habits if that was a genuine heart attack...
    test
  3. wreck'n'eyez

wreck'n'eyez Custom Title User

I'm guessing Q ain't dropping which sucks but it is whut it is

I was lookin forward to this match...
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i posted. not really the match i anticipated, but this week got me all thrown off. we can rematch at a later date.

about to drive across town for a baby shower, but i have absolutely no energy.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

I may have to leave it open until tomorrow night to allow for sufficient votes.
    test
  6. ThisisDAM

ThisisDAM Turn The Pages

Rev

Look at a grindtime battle. 90% of the winning verses there would get eaten in a text battle

Some verses just read like they would sound good on Audio, but a text battle is a different format. It's not something new to the table also, your not exactly brining some new shit people haven't seen.

I just didn't think it worked for a text battle. Sometimes when you drop suttin outside the box it will make or break you.

Sall I'm saying. I'm just here for fun, y'all should be too.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Text is certainly different than audio, in anything.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Y'all vote on that champ match. Just 10 lines a piece. Should be an easy read.
    test
  9. Ravenous510

Okay, so why and how are text battles supposed to be executed in a "different format"? I don't get it...did some omnipotent being somewhere on some ancient hip hop forum decree that no one can write a verse that actually reads fluidly and sounds good when recited if it's to be used in a text battle?

Or...is that just what you want me to believe because this particular tiny little microcosm of the internet, (Rapmusic.com), has been breeding these text battlers who only write a certain way (which seems to be all punchlines layed out in couplets), and you don't want anyone here who doesn't write in this way because it shakes things up and raises the bar making it more difficult for people to just lazily write some half assed tripe?

I think the latter is the more likely explanation.

Also, you say that I'm "not bringing anything new to the table", and yet you warn me to stay away from "dropping something outside the box"....sounds like you contradicted yourself, there...

Honestly, it's fine if you want to write in a particular way. I have nothing against a verse that is "all punchlines layed out in couplets", but please don't tell me that my style, or any other style, for that matter, "doesn't work in text". Good writing is good writing, irregardless of style. I think that's the basis for the lack of participation in this league. It's directly tied to a lack of appreciation for more than one style of writing.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

I want you here, but you've raised no bar. Not even an eyebrow.

And let me be blunt, although text and audio are clearly and obviously two different forms of expression, your verse was not dope in either format. Just because you MADE it flow in audio doesn't mean it's a good verse. Still primarily gibberish.
    test
  11. ThisisDAM

ThisisDAM Turn The Pages

Dude,
    Good writing is good writing, yes
    But your not goin to win a text battle off of "flow"
    Simple as that. But I'm not saying don't do your thing, do you homey
    Be yourself. But know your audience too, that's key.
    test
  12. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

Not to mention text has been around since 96 or so and a lot more has been done off RM (UPN, NC's, Sethros, FS etc) So yeah, if the majority of old text vets were still here, they'd tell you man.
    test
  13. Ravenous510

Lmaoooooooo.....dude...you have some clever wordplay, but I will challenge you right now...post audio of yourself rapping to a beat...

I guarantee I will kill you on a track...

Lmao @ "made it flow"....I made it flow when I wrote it....the spoken form of the verse is just an audible extension of that flow...

I also seem to recall an "old text vet" coming in the week 45 lounge after I battled T.a.C. and saying that my verse and style were "refreshing", and that he thought that I actually beat T.a.C....

Honestly, man...this concept of an existence of "two different styles for text and audio", is just part of the "RBL" mythos...it only exists in your mind...

Ten years ago, the style you guys are currently "used to" might have been considered the most pragmatic style of writing, but like I've been saying since I first came in here, IT'S 20 FUCKIN' 12! Shit has changed...battle rap itself has evolved and diversified...learn to embrace it and learn to acknowledge and appreciate other styles of writing besides the one you are most comfortable using...

Btw, none of what I wrote was gibberish so your statement is an out and out lie...everything I wrote makes sense, and my rhyme schemes are complex throughout...I don't see anyone else in here doing that...but you can ban me if you want...idgaf tbh
    test
  14. ThisisDAM

ThisisDAM Turn The Pages

I think that your posting particular boasting with mixed up emotions transmits some corrosions of scripts and your flowing, descriptive & showing that twists of exposing some tips or disposing pure shit cud unknowingly spill it & going to just flip from its slowly

Or something
    test
  15. Ravenous510

Now that is mostly gibberish...not so easy to write schemes, is it?

Here let me help you...I'll re-write it for you;

You're shunned - abhorred!
    And I think your postin'
    Is nothing more
    Than witless boastin'!
    It's exposin' mixed emotions -
    And your sad scripts transmit corrosion
    Interwoven in your spoken English - shit is broken!

There...I insulted myself for you in rhyme form using the words you provided...except mine makes sense...
    test
  16. ThisisDAM

ThisisDAM Turn The Pages

I was fuckin around, I'm bored as shit right now & trying to be sarcastic

Damn you for turning it around as if I was serious

Party pooper
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

beating tac is not an accomplishment.

and i am confident that i could record a better verse than you. if not off pure talent, simply because i'm intelligent and "rapping" is not as difficult as you make it. but know that i have no interest or ability to record anything. i do this for fun because i got sucked into at an early age. i also enjoy writing. but creative writing and essays and whatnot, more than just making fun of someone in rhyming fashion.

my brother is a rapper. i'm an executive director. i don't pretend.
    test
  18. Ravenous510

Whatever man...I'm really not trying to be a dick in here...I'm really not....I just don't want to be told "your style doesn't work....you need to write in this way"....because it's just not a valid argument. I respect the way you guys write, and I simply expect the same respect in return...

Not this Procrustean game - it's definitely aggravating...

If you ever wanna get on a track, let me know...I'm down to get on the same track and post it and see who rips it harder...if not, it's all good...
    test
  19. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

RM's RBL used to be one of the premier leagues to battle in at one time. You could look at the archives here or on a few other sites that share the same standard of quality in text. In 2002-03 era of the RBL it was considered one of the most stacked leagues by any standard of the day. It had arguably the most talent from differing sites that all could agree on what was dope and what wasn't. There was a time when you had to be at least decent to crack the top 20. 2006-07 was an active time to.

You're wild in thinking anyone is forcing one particular style on you. Not the case. I'm sure Q has seen a lot over the years as have others, simply put we think its wack. My only advice to you is find a site that would cater to your style.
    test
  20. Ravenous510

See here's this "we" again....who is "we"?....Two or three old broken down relics who have latched themselves onto this forum like crustaceans inhabiting the hull of a seagoing vessel?

And you just hate voted me...not that I'm surprised...I saw it coming...it's all good...

It's funny you made no attempt to hide it either...especially after you quoted my "hot flashes" line in this thread, then after I voted against you and argued with you, you went in my battle thread and said it was stupid...gtfoh...you're an altogether laughable person...

Btw, I challenged Quriosity to spit on a track and he basically said "I can rap better than you but I just don't want to right now because I don't feel like it"...classic cop out...

EDIT; Every time you guys hate vote someone you only do detriment to your own league...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.