[RANKS] Week 46 Ranks/Predictions/Lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and to finally end the argument, this is where my head was at when i made the rules. there was no confusion as i previously stated, only a failure on moderation's behalf to amend the stipulation when oneduh, twice, declared that feeding was acceptable in all forms and situations.

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-com-battle-league/1106866-mag-rbl-herald-week-12-a.html

there is an entire article dedicated to the rule change. i suggest you read it. article #3.
    test
  2. Main Stream

Main Stream The Conversensationalist

Just a note - I am not arguing with you anymore. This reply is just to clarify what I've said since you seem to be having difficulty understanding what I meant in my posts. I never suggested that there weren't previous mags saying feeding was allowed. What I did say is that the official rules thread was editted very recently. I would think that if a mod is correcting one rule that was wrong, he'd correct them all. It only makes sense. Otherwise, why bother editting to begin with? That is why linking to past mags didn't make sense as rules can be amended after a mag was posted. Thus the most recent form of the rule was found in a thread editted this month, and therefore it could be seen as the newest version of the rules, thus making feeding illegal again. If this is not the case (as you so vehemently have argued) then may I suggest editting ALL of the rules (including deleting those that are no longer in effect) instead of just one rule?

Good day sir.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

you're thick headed.

i announce rule changes in the magazines. i don't just change rules without notice. when i edited the thread, it wasn't to change a rule but to fix the grammar in a rule. i've already admitted to not properly updating the thread, so if that was your argument then what is your point? yes, the thread wasn't updated correctly, we've been through this. but your original argument was more to the effect of, "Q broke the rules and now he's amending them to benefit his self in a league that he moderates and competes in," not, "Q failed to update the rule thread correctly."

just stop, you sound ignorant. i did not break any rules, nor does anybody care enough to negate the claim save you. i only keep going back and forth with you because i do moderate this league and it is important for you to understand these truths and my innocence in the matter.

its quite simple, the thread was not updated correctly to reflect the many changes. at the same time, as is, the thread accurately reflects my current views on feeding as linked in the magazine from week 12, article 3, in which the definition of the rule states:

the only mistake on behalf of moderation is not deleting the stipulation in which it appears there may be cases where actions will be taken. oneduh amended this rule when he allowed for any and all feeding, whereas the original amendment made by myself and explained in the quote above left for an undefined area in which it may be deemed fit to take disciplinary action. it is also noted that this is most likely to never happen.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i swear, every time i finish a game of madden, you've typed another paragraph of nonsense. please, just give it a rest. you're wrong.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and the fuck is up with this "good day sir" shit? you are beyond annoying.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i'll move these posts to the junk thread later on. let you get it out your system.
    test
  7. Diso.

Diso. New Member

lol @ feeding and recycling being aloud

feeding gives a advantage and you took a clear advantage against troy
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

recycling shouldn't be allowed. that was a oneduh stipulation that has yet to be changed back. feeding is natural though. any ammunition used is "feeding". maybe not directly from the post above, but you fed off something. in essence, my stance is that the textual concept of feeding is gay and only exists to protect those untalented fucks who are scared of losing. its a rule for faggots. same as not being able to use a picture. its all an advantage, but the essence of battling is getting the upper hand. it all still comes down to who writes the better verse. newbies can feed and use pictures all day against me and they'll still lose. only those who produce the better verse will win.

of course, this is all assuming that no outside forces exist, such as bias and bad voting. but all things equal, the better writer wins regardless. troy fed off all of my old matches for that verse. without feeding for material, personals wouldn't exist.

but that's just my stance, i don't expect you to agree. there are many ways to avoid feeding. and i am against recycling. it just enables laziness in my opinion, though i have done it plenty of times. even made an entire RBL run off recycling.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

my idea of moderation was to set and administer rules solely on technicalities and situations that required rulings. however, i did not want to take away from the art of battling. there should be no rules in a battlefield. i wanted this to be as free as possible to the writer. thus, if you put material out there that can be used, say a verse 3 days early or a picture or a story of your mother, then expect writers to find this material and use it. this is a community in which we battle in. its very unrealistic when every rule restricts what the battler can do. its also very annoying to enforce from a moderation standpoint. this was and is my view and i tailored my rules around it. same reason i adjusted the line limit rule which oneduh also changed. if we don't set a limit then i should be free to write to the league's limit. if we do set a limit, then i should be free to write to that limit as well. its unfair and unrealistic if we agree to write 30 lines, you post 8, and now i must match it.

but again, i don't expect you to agree. this is just my perspective.
    test
  10. Main Stream

So how are we to know which rules are actually in effect? Do you expect members to search for every mag that ever existed in the history of the RBL? Your quote is from WEEK 12. It is now week 46, 34 weeks later. How can you possibly think that makes sense? Let's see, I think that a thread titled "Official Rules" that is linked to in each and every battle would hold the most updated and complete set of rules. You on the other hand, think that mags from more than half a year ago on God knows what page in this forum contain the most up to date info. And you're calling me thick headed? Haha, that truly is funny Q.

And why do you feel the need to reply 3 times in a row? Does your mind move that slowly that you cannot process more than one thought at a time? Have you ever heard of think before you speak? Maybe you should remember that phrase while typing a reply. Get all your thoughts out at once rather thank posting multiple fragments right after each other. I suppose I could overlook that based on the fact that you're in the middle of playing Madden right now. I'm sure all those X's and O's in the plays could be confusing you and sending your brain into a meltdown.

Now, if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't reply anymore about this. You've said your piece, numerous times inbetween mutliple posts and ramblings, and I in turn have said mine. You've said you would like to stop arguing as have I. I've already shown the faults in your arguements and no longer feel the need to challenge you as it simply is not worth it (me vs you is like the Lakers vs a high school JV team). This has become a joke and rather than make your brain ache anymore I suggest we both stop.

Good day sir.
    test
  11. Diso.

Diso. New Member

i agree with ya to a point, its feeding when your saying something about an old verse but thats personals

feeding off your oppenents verse which he has dropped against you shouldnt be done tho,
    if thats allowed you should be aloud to use pics when not agreed and recycling

all give you an advantage no more than the other
    either way im not that bothered just wanted to say something

also id like to get some advice on aim whenever you have a chance, dont see how i had the worse verse last week, i actually thought it was alright but yeah id like some tips whenever
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

if you read the article from the magazine that i have suggested, it explains the exact rules found in the rules thread at this time in which you feel support your argument and have used to built this ridiculous case.

thus, the rules reflected in the rules thread still support the decision that has been made. the wording is a bit misleading, but the meaning is explained in that article, which is why i referred you to it. so whether you read the rules thread, one of the many posts by oneduh, or the original post by myself last year, you meet at the same point.

in a nutshell, you are still wrong.

we can do this all day.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

yea, i say the pictures should be allowed too, and they were before i handed the league over to oneduh. i didn't allow recycling though.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

in all reality, there were probably at least two verses worst then yours. but when you take into account the effort shown, your experience, and the complete failure in mechanics, i thought it was the worst.

i'll be on later, maybe an hour or so.
    test
  15. Yung Troy

Yung Troy The Lyrical King

hey, I don't care bout the feeding shit or whatever man so yall chill..but Q, I do have an idea, how bout a three way next week, it would be my first experience in a champ match

what's good?
    test
  16. Main Stream

Ok your stupidity is seriously begining to annoy me.

Regarding the magazine from Week 12, I did read it, specifically the part about feeding. You say that the rules in the mags are the ones you go by. However, in this mag, it discusses the voting rule which I argued previously. So in this week 12 mag, one rule is still valid and the other isn't? How do you distinguish which rules are good and which aren't?

The rules do not support the decision that has been made in the mag. There are controversies between the two.

Furthermore, the blatant feeding rule does not have misleading wording. It states that a DQ will occur for blatant feeding. It can't get any easier to word than that.

Basically your statement about all threads meeting at one point is false, as just proven by my above statements.

That being said, I'll take a page out of your book and suggest that you stop because you are making yourself look like an ass.

And I have no problem arguing with you all day. This is easy for me and so far you have yet to provide a winning case. So, yes, I can go on all day winning arguements and making you look like a retard. Can you continue to be as stupid as you have been though?
    test
  17. Burd.

Burd. #1

this page has too many large paragraphs. stop plz.
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

again, thickheaded. i never said the rules in the mags are the rules i go by. i said that i frequently announce changes to the rules by posting threads titled ATTN or ANNOUNCEMENT or by posting articles in the magazine. this was a particular article pertaining to the rules of feeding which were then written exactly as they are now.

so yes, it leads to the same point. the rules state if deemed necessary by a moderator, in which case, it has not been deemed necessary. the explanation states that it most probably never will, but will be frowned upon by those who dislike feeding. if troy were to make an argument, i would've taken it into account and determined if it were deemed necessary. none of this has happened, thus we're back at the same point. no rule has been broken.
    test
  19. Rick T. Bagwell

Rick T. Bagwell watch ya head

test
  20. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

i miss the "beauty of the week" segment
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.