[RANKS] Week 45 Ranks/Lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

That's where you're wrong.

When I'm reading your verse, I'm reading it aloud. All rap verses should have flow and be rhythmic when spoken aloud.

A clumsy verse in text is a clumsy verse period.
    test
  2. the marshall

the marshall New Member

Im pretty sure you look like a jackass reading these out loud. Gimmie dat library card bitch.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

they're different. it's that simple. many similarities in a good verse, but they're still different.

but i certainly agree that we have some horrible voters. of course, voters are only as good as what they think is good and its no secret that the league is not high in talent.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lmfao.
    test
  5. the marshall

the marshall New Member

This all the way. Super ass. Its alot of concentration on flow and rhyming here and to be honest that goes in to a good verse but its really all about the punches. A lot of these cats cant even lay a good one down. I'll take a verse with good punches and choppy flow over a verse with flow & no point. Point of a battle is to humiliate ya opponent & make it hurt.

But hey, i'll drop some cat in the hat shit next week with fancy words. Guaranteed a victory fella.
    test
  6. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Moron.

Your trash lines get YOUR spine bashed.

I dont really rap. I have no audio. I write as a hobby, and nothing else.
    test
  7. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

All my shit flows man. That's usually my best aspect in my verses. My flow.
    test
  8. Ravenous510

You wrote "your trash lines get bashed spines"....lmao

If you wanted to convey "your trash lines will get your spine bashed", you should have worded the line in this way: "Your lines? Trash! - You'll get your spine bashed!"....lol...not that that would've been a dope line, but it would have at least made sense...

Yeah...I'm the moron...

Honestly, I'm trying to help you guys right now...

I lurked these forums long before I asked for a battle and read various different threads consisting of one or more of you guys crying about how the league is dead, etc...

Well, as someone who has fairly recently competed in actual live battles, I'm trying to assist you guys in uderstanding why your text league is dead, and what to do about it.

The first thing I would suggest is the voters/participants making an effort to broaden their understanding of what constitutes "good writing".

It's not just "all about the punches"....and nothing is "that simple" as Quriosity likes to put it...

Yes, punches are important, but if a verse is saturated with a bunch of half assed weak attempts at double entendres or "punches" that don't even really make sense, then that verse is not well written.

I think most highly adept writers would agree that a verse with one dope double entendre that makes sense is better than a verse that is peppered with 5-10 different poor attempts at double entendres that don't make sense.

Quality over quantity, fellas.

Secondly, rhyme schemes are currently considered to be one of the most important aspects of writing. Does your verse contain internal rhyme schemes, or are you just rhyming a few syllables at the end of every line?

Internal rhyme schemes are more commonly referred to as the "sandwich meat" of a rhyme scheme.

I haven't seen anyone in here execute any internal rhyming except for T.a.C., and he did it once, that I've noticed.

Here's a simple example for you guys, if you haven't the foggiest idea what in the hell I'm talking about;

Sandwich bread: Fakin' cowards get destroyed, and it's scary man trust me/
    Sandwich meat: He better play dead - if my foe moves, I'll spray lead at his whole crew/
    Sandwich bread: Have him takin' showers with his boys like Jerry Sandusky/

This is pretty basic shit, and it seems to me that many, (not all) of you don't even comprehend these basic methodologies when it comes to writing rap verses.

You can look at me like I'm a condescending prick, and I completely understand if you do, but while I absolutely think that my verse was light years ahead of T.a.C.'s verse, and am slightly incensed that none of the voters realized it, I am also interested in helping this league out of its current state of listless tedium.
    test
  9. BarZ.

BarZ. Over Everything

whoa.. did ne1 read this - if so, can one of yall summarize this for me
    test
  10. Ravenous510

If you didn't take the time to read it, then I pity your adolescent attention span.
    test
  11. wreck'n'eyez

wreck'n'eyez Custom Title User

^stfu u insignificant piece of shit.. tbh
    test
  12. Ravenous510

No problem, you illiterate faggot.

It's obvious none of you really care or put any thought into what you write, so I don't know why the fuck I'm even devoting any time to talking to any of you.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Lol.

Thanks buddy. We all know why the league is dead. That's because all the good writers left. Check the archives.

As for internal rhyme schemes and such, been there done that. I'd say you're at about an '01/'02 level.
    test
  14. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

What's up RBL

This league is looking fucking.dope again , props to sonny daze, BJ, tac and q for keeping it going

One thing that would make this shit better is if we didn't hate so much on people with contrasting styles to the RBL format

RaV is a dope writer and I thought he beat TaC last week

His shit was refreshing as fuck
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Thanks, Raz.

Now sign in.
    test
  16. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

So why is it that Phar has been in and out of this thread but hasn't posted yet? He was quick to post last week then Pull that bitch move. He waiting til the last second this week?
    test
  17. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

This punk ass gonna post?
    test
  18. Ravenous510

Looks like you beat me, bro...
    test
  19. Donis

Donis New Member

Would have preferred that you tried, frankly. Could care less about victories these days. Been doing this too long to worry about records in a third grade version of the RBL. Better to have a solid matchup than an easy win. But, it is what it is. Next time, drop your best. You got skills, dude. Should have flexed them.
    test
  20. wreck'n'eyez

wreck'n'eyez Custom Title User

Phar

Stop cheating bro

Lol fuckin hypocrite
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.