[RANKS] Week 44 Ranks and Lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Tacky Jones, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarZ.

BarZ. Over Everything

so what ur saying is u wait for people to post.. READ THEIR VERSES - ask for an EXT. than post Friday!!!

that's why i took the W... U be try'n to cheat on the low...
    SMH..
    test
  2. wreck'n'eyez

wreck'n'eyez Custom Title User

Cheating? Ure reachin bro

Like I said, no one told u drop early

Don't get mad cuz ure incapable of writing a proper verse, being nervous about it and scared to let it go to votes
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Seconded.

I left it open for votes because there are indeed two verses and I'm not against seeing who would actually win. In the end though, I won't override phar's decision.

I haven't read everything else yet.

To whomever says that I am mean, I've been quite nice to you all. Frankly, I'm fed up and I've only competed a week. To reptilian who wants to battle, I'll set it up in due time. Haven't been home. To Marshall, it's no secret that the talent pool is suffering at the moment. The league is in a weak state. That's life. Still could be fun, and more than fair seeing as how there are no true standouts.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Not why you get voted against. Every match has a winner and a loser. Take it like a man.

Maybe tacky's been crying. Not sure about what, as he too is garbage. Real talk, we've all been quite humble. The issue is a few hot heads that can't accept constructive criticism for what it's worth. A vote is an opinion, take it or leave it.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

You don't have to write in couplets, but you have to write well. A winning battle verse is one that clowns the opponent more effectively than the other verse in the thread. It's that simple. I don't vote based on style.

If you can pull off another style and still clown your opponent more effectively than he clowned you, then you'll win. Trust me, I've seen several niggas pull off several different styles. Rhythm and content, that's it.

A lot of bitchassness in here.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

It won't. People will always need extensions. It's in our nature. Trust me.

That said, I could care less. I'll leave those decisions for Tacky since I won't be here long term.
    test
  7. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

Dawg...

Now, it's true that my verse lacked personals and punches, and if you want to vote against me based on that, like I said, that's your perogative, although I'm of the opinion that saturating a verse with punches detracts from its cadence and flow. I enjoy writing schemes more than punches, and that leads me to another problem that I see here. Everyone is judging the battles strictly on "how many punches are in a verse", and completely ignoring any other contributing factors to the verse. Terrible.

Also, dead @ you being a mod and telling me in a previous post that "the best way to write is to write in couplets", and then stating in the above post that I don't have to write in couplets....

I don't know any battle emcee who only "writes in couplets"...

Go to the bva forum of this site and look around. There are shitloads of big name battlers' verses which have been transcribed by fans, and I have yet to read a verse by one of them that is layed out "in couplets".

The fact that you would tell me something like that tells me that people who are in positions of control in the league's perspective of what constitutes good or bad writing is stagnated, as I said, in a ten year old writing format.

Why would I want to subject myself to some fuckin' totalitarian moderating system in a battle league which should be, by all rights, fair and impartial?

EDIT:

This ^ right here is what makes me not want to compete in this text league.

You think that a winning verse is one that "more effectively clowns" its subject, and that "it's that simple", when it's anything but.

Judging a verse, whether it's performed live, or written in text should never be a "simple" task. There are many factors which should be considered. Rhythm. Flow. Schemes. Set-ups. Multis. Vocab. Wordplay, and more specifically, does the wordplay make sense or not?

Shit, if all someone had to do was "clown their opponent" to win a battle, then Uno Lavoz would be considered the greatest battle emcee of all time.
    test
  8. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

All I wanna know is who am I killing for my first battle
    test
  9. BarZ.

BarZ. Over Everything

it dont matter.. u admitted to that's how u get ya Wins... even if i drop ON TIME - Thursday.. ur still gonna ask for an Ext. so u can read the other mans verse than have 24 hrs. to match his bars....
    Your the one whose saying this..!! you need that extra comfort - i wont be surprised if u fuck nothin but fat bitches
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i don't control any league standard here. half these people don't even know me. i control my own standard and the style i prefer is couplets. as stated, i didn't vote against you because you chose to write in a different style, i voted against you because you lost. and this is a battle verse, so punches are extremely important. if you want to focus on the other aspects of writing, join the RSTL. punches hold no weight there.

you must clown your opponent. of course, this is text, so we have several days to critique a written verse, so mechanics and execution are of extreme importance. i think that's consistent with every opinion i've given. i didn't say post 16 'yo mama' jokes and you win. but, clown your opponent "effectively" and you will. and by effective, i sum that up with good mechanics and execution (e.g., good setups, flow, etc.).

mechanics are much less critical to a live battle. i don't even rap and i can grasp that. in a live battle, you vote on the spot after hearing two rappers babble for a few minutes. totally different set of standards.
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

you all sound very lame. i think this will be my last week. maybe i'm just too mature for this now.
    test
  12. Ravenous510

I just don't like bullshit votes, and I'm not interested in writing for an audience that is either incapable of grasping good writing, or stroking their homies off with biased votes.

If I lost to someone who genuinely out-wrote me, I'd have no problem with it.

That being said, I challenge T.a.C. to spit his verse aloud and post it in here, and I'll do the same with mine, and we can see which verse has the better flow and structure.

I just want to prove that this whole thing is a stroke fest, and that for this league to flourish in any way, that stroke fest needs to end.

Wussup, T.a.C......you down? If you don't wanna get on cam, that's fine...just post the audio...
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

who, sir, am i stroking? i will gladly say that i think tac is trash. no stroking. he sucks. you sucked more in that match.

i'm happy to see that you stand behind your work, but you're taking it too far. you win some and you lose some. just drop that shit and move on. there is no foul play. yes, you may have "out-wrote" him, but by what standards? how are you measuring this? what did you say worth quoting? that's not rhetorical, i'm interested to see what you found so appealing. because, truthfully, you weren't saying much. if you had, as stated, i think you would've won regardless of the style choice. stop being so sensitive.

as for rhythm, looking back at my vote, i think i gave you credit for that. i'm very honest to my opinions. if you don't like my opinions, then just choose not to like me. but don't be a bitch about it.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

wreck and roadblock, do you wish to stay signed in?

i can safely assume that wreck does, but i've seen much less action from roadblock.

please confirm.
    test
  15. Ravenous510

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the truth is exposed....

Thank you good sir....I can now go to sleep secure in the knowledge that this league is a pile of manure.
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

let's not manipulate quotes.
    test
  17. wreck'n'eyez

Yea keep me in
    test
  18. wreck'n'eyez

How did I admit that's how I get my wins?

Bro, let's say u dropped Tuesday morning and I dropped Thursday night, that's cheating? Ure an idiot bro

Stop actin all sensitive cuz u kno u would've lost n u dodged a bullet by running behind a technicality... You're like that little kid who gets into a fight n says meet me by the monkey bars at 3.30 buy the dude never shows and u brag about kicking his ass.. Next day dude shows up ready to fight n you're like "no no, u were late so technically I beat u"... U know how much of a bitch u look right now? Not just to me but everyone here.. Ure a fuckin coward

N I can't believe u actually gotta "vote".. Shows u how wack the voting is here
    test
  19. Ravenous510

You altering my quote doesn't change the fact that you admitted that I out-wrote my opponent and yet still got voted down.

Good night.
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

no, sir. you altered my quote. i fixed it.

if you feel i admitted to you out writing him, so be it. this is childish.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.