[RANKS] Week 2 Ranks and Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

Thanks to those who gave my no show verse a critique ;)

I really appreciate it. I'll vote more this afternoon
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

...for some reason I feel like my voting right should be revoked...:scared:
    test
  3. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

Why on earth would you say that?
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Because it honestly feels out of place for me to be casting votes...
    test
  5. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

I have a feeling that i could of dropped the dopest verse ever written and still lost this weeks match
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Your feeling is wrong
    test
  7. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Shad is right
    test
  8. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

I stand by my feeling but i cant be assed to make a big deal about it so whatever
    test
  9. Coup d'état

Ku you down by one...theres a full day and a half left to vote...i'd image your battle will get a few more votes...you can still win it hommie.

Good luck lil nut
    test
  10. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Look im just having one of them bad days hench feeling a little grouchy, I knew shadow wasnt gonna cast me his vote anyway he never does, even in matchs ive won he has gone against me, even when i got one of my verses in hof, he went against me, i dont know if there is any reason for this, but its starting to look a little personal
    test
  11. Coup d'état

I know the feeling lol
    test
  12. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

I haven't read the whole verse of yours yet, but typos like " cruel,stuck In" and "smooothered" right away weren't indicative of someone who had put in the effort to write "the dopest verse ever written"... and a small constructive note:
    huge mistake//
    A huge beast lay

This is an attempt at a multi in close context with some issues: a) huge/huge. b) when you're using assonance like you are to structure the multi, and skip over the unstressed syllable, you can't have a stressed syllable in that slot. You have to think about how words are said, even in your head. Beast does not equal mis/.

I'll likely vote on your match tomorrow when I have more time, but that's something.

Now for my bitching... if you are going to call something simplistic, be sure you understand the words that are used. Look up sinesis, look up conjure. Giving something a quick scan and calling it dumb does not make you look smart.
    test
  13. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Yea i know what ya mean about the typos, was tempted to edit them to fix em but then i thought nah, that would kinda be cheating, i never said it was the dopest verse ever lol, it was infact very far from it, i was just merely suggesting that no matter what quality of writing it would of been, it would not of been good enough. Most of us are guilty of typos to be honest lol but yea thx for the quick overview
    test
  14. Coup d'état

I got one more battle to vote on. Feels good man.

And I lost my battle by a landslide..."But they don't know me though, think I got do or die tatted on my throat, but no I don't."
    test
  15. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

No worries, choosing to edit or not is always an issue if it's just for small things, and it's definitely hard to get behind in votes when you're fond of your verse, especially when the votes aren't well explained. I'll do my best to explain as lucidly as I can what I like and dislike, hopefully while not sounding like a douche.
    test
  16. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

lol ok dude.
    test
  17. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

lol if there is no reason for this then fine but im just merely pointing out how it looks from my point of view, i had myself 1-0 down before anything had even been written if im been honest.
    test
  18. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Anyone could say that from their point of view. That the problem when you think your verse is hot, not saying it wasn't. You aren't the first person to come in here and be upset because you feel slighted. However, I enjoyed your story and usually do. My going against you has not to do with you but which verse i preferred. You are acting like i'm the only one who said anything negative about you and from my point of view, it seems like you have some kind of grudge against me.
    test
  19. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

I think what he's saying is that it's the other way around.
    test
  20. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Let me vote on the last match up and start throwing up next weeks topics
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.