[RANKS] Week 18 Ranks and Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

imma try something new this week
    test
  2. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

Ill totally rock an amish randy quaid... I want that shit officially in the thread
    Coup, you are awesome
    How's yer pilgrimage going?
    test
  3. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

speaking of celebrity conterparts... why does shadow have two?! what is this sorcery...
    test
  4. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

ffs sorry my internet connection has been down, only just come back up.
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

When your handjob game exceeds my own, then we'll talk

mad homo
    test
  6. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

breath, walking the way is going...lot's of traps/snares but learning and gaining understanding and knowlege on the way...the more I learn the more I feel guilty about being at such a secular site as this.
    test
  7. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

so youre gonna not suck?
    test
  8. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

zing!
    test
  9. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

:surf:
    test
  10. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

kuja, post your verse, asshole!
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  12. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

a three way noshow... smh...
    test
  13. breathlesss

Smell my hand...
    test
  14. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

smh= shake my head o_O

breath: i was actually thinking of your smoker verse, but either way, this weeks wasn't as good as either the tightrope or the smoker verse imo. based on your response from my vote, i figure you think you're a lot better than people here think you are. maybe you are, feel free to prove us wrong. i'd actually love to see that (i'm not being sarcastic here).
    BUT, what i can say is that a lot of the shortcomings from your pieces were in the "lyrical aspect." as for plot, i don't recall you ever posting a piece with a plot that was so complex it flew over my head. disagree? you're more than welcome to take one of your posted pieces and break it down to show us just how complex and deep it was.

course, this is all just my opinion. others will disagree. but hell, if i was just going to pat your back and say everything you wrote was amazing, then i wouldn't be doing you any favors. you might as well post in Open Mic for that.

everyone gets annoyed by some votes on here, it's unavoidable. i suggest you work through the annoyance and soak up what you can to improve.
    test
  15. breathlesss

Ah, shit, if I'd have known you were talking about the smoker piece I probly wouldn't have said anything, that one was awesome, and I actually spent a bit of time on it. I wasn't referring to you with the complexity and plot issues, or even bitching about about your vote, I spent less time on this than the tightrope crap.
    In a way you're right about me thinking I am underrated, but, what I deliver is generally spur of the moment without deciding or even looking at the topics before hand, so the blame lies with me.
    My main annoyance with this league is how the hip hop aspect of lyricism is almost frowned upon. Unorthodox contractions and apostrophes denoting how the words are intended to sound, to give proper rhyme sound and flow, even though this is "text" it is still supposed to be rap? Right?
    I'm tired of people bitching upon proper grammar things not "reading" right... this is not the dead poet society, its a fucking rap forum, things should be wrote how they sound if it is not the "normal" pronunciation... not in a manner that would get an A+ in a college lit. essay
    test
  16. patrown

patrown student for life

sorry bout that no show ink.. life happened though.

waiting for topics ^_^
    test
  17. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

Breath: i encounter that here sometimes as well, but its unavoidable. Actually imo, rstl isnt sinply people writing raps. We have people doing poems, some doing raps, others fusing the two. Rstl is to make better writers, not better rap writers. Like i mentioned before, theres an adjustment that needs to happen here cause its not an audio based league..

patrown: we're not friends anymore. I hope you get bit by a spider.
    test
  18. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

i agree with Ink....expect the spider thing
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.