[RANKS] Week 17 Ranks and Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

whys it matter, Coups gonna show and Coups gonna beat you, shad
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

no matter....you still my b*tch :-O
    test
  3. Tacky Jones

man, i cant beat you
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

no idea why...you keep getting better dude
    test
  5. Tacky Jones

meh. im at the point where im needing a break. just participation isnt good enough for me to take a few weeks off
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

indeed...give it time tho..it'll pick up
    test
  7. Tacky Jones

test
  8. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

peeped the rules and reg. it was real.. that's how i feel, voting should be taken more seriously. contestants need to contribute more active;y.. and.. GL? said he hasn't seen writers elevate in this league, i felt as if i have been, not being evident last week, but i will prove this week.

real verse this week
    test
  9. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

You got robbed from your security blanket being finally ripped from your fucking nursery of a bubble mind.

Shad and Cigma bled the song of status quo and voted your way for your feelings and to keep the fabricated tidings that ripple saying you are somehow the head of this league.

Grow some balls everyone.

They should, especially shad, hold themselves to the same standard they hold the league...by voting with integrity. I should have had every vote. So count your lucky stars that you got two.

And please, we don't need your sublime intellect to break down verse for the weeks magazine. Ignorant Bliss intellect you think you hold is a fragile thing and only to importance to your little regard you hold yourself in.

Enough is enough.
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

and the champ has spoken!
    test
  11. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

i dont vote for status quo

i vote for who i think won

you know that your verse was like 60% substance and 40 % malarkey

I see through your language

if you want to improve respect and recognize.

I don't bs i speak from my heart

You had 2 stanzas nuff said.
    test
  12. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

technically Gl murdered you

just because simple niggas get awed you feel entitled

pride cometh before the fall coup
    test
  13. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

this was mean and needless.
    test
  14. the omega man

the omega man so, it goes

U are not the best writer...make no mistake

I didnt vote last week but thats not the point, I voted the other weeks. I told y'all I didnt have time to write a verse much less vote

Harsh criticism? telling someone that you are better than them is not criticism not even harsh criticism...its just being an arogant dick

GL seriously you're not as good as you think. It amuses me that you think u are so good. I think you are the one who can't take constructive criticism because you ignore any criticism because u think ur the best.
    test
  15. the omega man

the omega man so, it goes

U have similar logic to Shad and TaC

When person paints a picture in their story, (i.e. lets you imagine the landscape or setting or figure ...etc..) you think they are wasting your time.....

Read any great literature. Read Dracula, Frankenstein, LOTR, Owen Meany, Slaughter House 5, Moby Dick, Portrait of an Artist........they all use discription.....something you write is pointless without discription.

You take away from a verse because he describe a beautiful landscape is a spectacular way? Probably in way no one else could have?

That's a stupid opinion and I'll admit that. If you just run through a story you might as well get a 7th grader to write it. The point behind grown up writers is that we pay attention to detail and give our readers the ability to use all their senses.

U people are wack in your logic, Im not coming back until CK and Coup are runnin this bitch
    test
  16. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

Tac idc bout the record.

Coup you're a pretentious poetry need who doesn't get that you need to balance all the elements to a good verse.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

@Omega
    When have i ever took away from someone having imagery? in fact i remember like the amount of imagery Coup's verse had and i enjoyed that. I quite remember calling his imagery superb because it felt like i was hovering over the forest and watching the battle like i was in an Imax theater.

@ Coup
    How dare you....i explained why i didn't vote for you. I have no problems with you at all. Never once said anything bad to you or about you, so what would i have to gain for picking a less worthy verse? Now, if you have read my vote you would know that i AM a father and base logic would tell you that a lot of fathers have had this fear about their child. Now, if you had known anything about my personal life with my own child like some of the other writers here may have learned, you would know why his story made me more emotional than your story did. You may not know what it's like to fear that your child may be drugged, sold for drugs, abused or even dead but I sure as hell do, sure as fucking hell. so to you, this may have been a basic story but to me, a father who has experienced similar thoughts and fears this story was so much more than that. This story was weeks away from a reality. THAT, is what wins you matches. Having reader who attach themselves to a character or an experience. Which yours did not.

So don't come in here spouting off bullshit whining and complaining about how you didn't get all the votes because truthfully, you would not have won if i had last week. The match would have ended in a tie but Heart's vote was just as backwards as anything i've seen.

This tells me he didn't even read or basically skimmed through GL's verse which tells me that he was never going to vote for GL in the first place regardless of how his story was. Which means he was riding your coat tails from the beginning. and before you come in here whining about that. You would be bitching if i had said..."Coup wrote a boring story about a lame construction project at the zoo"...you'd be mad as hell cuz it would be clear i didn't really read your verse.

I don't know where you faggots are developing this new 'ego' trip but stfu
    test
  18. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Omega

This is not literature

Please I read Lord of the Rings when I was seven

He is not Tolkien

In THIS format

in a condensed verse

if you go for all out description

You sacrifice story

All those visuals Still need to amount to something

I can get lost in the description, I have a talent to allow myself to be moved

But I still retain my intellect

I comprehend the craft of a verse the totality of a work.

So if someone goes hyper descriptive with beautiful language that soars
    for a moment but ends abruptly sputtering out

And someone else takes time to paint a poignant story complete with streamline
    flow, using the language of the common man, interjects some wordplay,
    has an interesting rhyme pattern, with story development, has emotional
    involvement...

It's my decision to give the nod to whoever because in the least
    I explained my reasoning.

It was a close match a championship match.

And I don't know why Coup felt the need as the Champ to discredit my vote. Coming in on some arrogant ship, flying his own banner.

Really Coup? I give the most detailed account possible. My reasonings are legitimate. If you don't agree that's fine.
    test
  19. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

@Omega, the last time CK ran this league he left after week 2 or 3 of a tourney he was running because I ghosted for pain and he got ko'd. I can find you the link if I wanted to go looking for it. So I'm sure that'll come to show a lot of stability. This isn't the Poet Tree, while I am fam with CK he's not cut out for modding a league. And as for Coup, that's laughable.

Cigma really said it best, at the end of the day, you need to develop way more than just an opening image. To me his verse was cute, it offered nothing but something that caters to "shiny squirrel" syndrome. Something I, and anyone that comprehends the elements needed to be a good storyteller/topical writer grasp.

Lastly, @Omega again, who cares if you don't come back? Your verses aren't worth reading as they offer nothing creative or mildly interesting, your voting is lackluster when you even vote, and you're a dick rider w/ your "Got Life? shouldn't even post comment after Coup posted". I know you little homos are probably sitting there chatting it up over aim like, "oh yeah, I wrote some fire."

Simple and plain, between the two of you niggas you couldn't come up with a creative story.
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

STFU GL? DAMN YOU SOUND REDUNDANT AS HELL WEEK IN WEEK OUT!

yawl gotta give shad credit he mods and participated in this league as with tac

they only human, and at times, frustrating but none the less. they are here for the same reaason's as us.

as for voting

are we voting for more crafted lyrics? or stories?

or are we voting for lyrical stories?

ME! i MY SELF! VOTE for which ever story held more entertainment value, had better writing ei rhymes. and vocabulary and the use of it. i don't have time to get into a stories meaning or figuring out what the writer was referring too half the time so it should all be their in the story easily comprehended. this is writing. the elements in this are different than movies. just because something had a lose tie to another message doesn't make it more entertaining unless i can pick up on that easily while reading on my own accord.

when niggas gotta explain "my story was about .." for example, than, i guess they ain't describing well enough in their story. and if they don't got at least polished rhymage being used then WTF is their verse offering?

i see shads vote for GL appropriate . tho i must add
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.