[RANKS] Tourney Semi Finals Rank and Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

I have to say....this entire tourney seems rather farcical when the only people voting on it are a small select group of incestuous individuals who were already inhabiting this board...

It needs some third party objectivity in its voting, jussayin'.....

That being said, I thought that both Kuja and the Inkwell's stories were extremely dope.....
    test
  2. patrown

patrown student for life

Qualifying to vote means you're actively participating, have champed, or are an admin.
    I'd love to vote, but how would you feel if my vote gave you the loss and I wasn't competing?

That being said, we need some more active participants during the regular season to keep this going and build up interest. Hopefully I'll see you week 1 next season.

and as for what I've quoted, don't get offended you didn't win.. take the advice with a grain of salt. i can't thank these guys enough for the advice and patience they've shown me.. it's a different kind of writing. stick around.
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Pat you can vote if u want. Someone needs to vote....T.a.C. will prolly break the tie if it continues like this

CK, i'm waiting on suggestions broham
    test
  4. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

Just out having a smoke.. Lol ok I forgot but il do em in a min..

I think we do for the final wat the guys suggested we both do the same topic.. So il go add a shit load n shad u pick which one we do it to..

Sound ok..
    test
  5. Ravenous510

Ummm....that would be fine with me....I think it's kind of silly that you guys have a "can't vote if you're not competing" rule...kind of destroys the possibility of unbiased judging, imo...if everyone who is judging has a stake in the outcome, then noone is going to vote impartially...

But I guess if noone really comes in here and the board is dead, obviously, the only people liable to judge are the ones competing...lol
    test
  6. patrown

patrown student for life

*cracks knuckles happily*

voting momentarily.
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

CK you really want me to pick? lol

smh @ Raven
    test
  8. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

yeh dude but can u resize it so that its nice and neat.. i got to run to the dentist but if u pick one n dont have time ill just do it in photobucket later..
    test
  9. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

the site resizes it on it's own but ok :-D
    test
  10. Ravenous510

Lol...shake your head at someone else...don't be mad I called you all out on the mutual strokefest....lmaoooooooooo.........it's all good....I'll still vote if I can...if not, that's all good too....
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  12. Ravenous510

Lol....just admit it's a strokefest...you know it is....lol.....

And what's this "mag" you all keep talking about?
    test
  13. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

The mag is a urban legend around here
    test
  14. Ravenous510

Okeeeeeeeeyyyyy.....ya gonna tell me wtf it is?
    test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

:funny:
    test
  16. Ravenous510

Lol are you trolling me in our own little mind right now? Is that how you troll?...wittle smiwey faces?......how cute....
    test
  17. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I find it cute that you're mad :)
    test
  18. patrown

patrown student for life

hope you like frosting on your cookie.

the mag is when someone feels pretentious and writes something everyone skims through for their name and then scoffs at comments made.

or, it's a periodic/weekly article written by rstl participants that gives outsiders and participants alike the authors take on pieces, etc. when there's more participants, the mag is almost necessary.

i understand where you're coming from. being a zombie must be difficult.
    we're here to help you cope with your problems by killing yourself in a creative manner.
    test
  19. Ravenous510

Dude....I have no idea what you're talking about.....

I'm not mad at all....

I just pointed out that this league only has two people who voted in the previous round which is not conducive to an impartial voting system, and that this might be because you folks are barring "outsiders" from voting in your tourney.......

Lol...

Then Mr. Supermod below me started posting his smilies....

Btw...this paragraph....

.....made no sense to me...are you saying "the mag" is an RSTL colloquial term for someone who is pretentious and writes something in a competition that people don't actually read?....Or are you saying "the mag" is a term for someone who "scoffs" at the comments/judgements made in their own battle thread?

EDIT: Btw, I'll take Senor Supermod's silence on the issue of this tourney being a big strokefest as confirmation that it is indeed a big strokefest...lol....
    test
  20. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

rave: i'm 22 (turning 23 on the 12th). a youngin relative to you i guess =p

i get what you're trying to say about voting. it'd be cool to have regular designated voters that aren't competing and are knowledgeable about writtens (like american idol? =O) but that is hardly realistic for us.. the issue with letting just anyone vote is now you have to make sure people aren't making fake accounts, people aren't hate voting under other accounts, etc. etc.. and most of all, someone random just popping in, saying some shit and then submitting some bs vote. how much would that suck? PLUS, and this is from experience from other sites too, people rarely vote unless they have to anyways. and even if they have to, some don't. =\

personally, i think people here do a pretty good job trying to be unbiased and objective. you might not always agree with the feedback you get, but you can atleast appreciate the honesty (even if you think they're completely wrong). it's better than everyone saying everything is amazing.

on another note, can we all play nice? =[

oh also, the mag is a weekly write up someone does about that weeks competition. here's an example: http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...league/1323748-mag-week-16-rstl-magazine.html
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.