[RANKS] Tourney Rd. 1 Ranks and Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

^ nicely put, for me im a sucker for story telling, which will prob reflect in my work , so just tell me a story lol
    test
  2. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

^ a great example of someone who usually sacrifices rhymes for a story >=p
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Me too...That's what makes it more of a challenge.
    test
  4. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

are we giving away secrets to winning our votes? =O
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I'm planning on hate voting against T.a.C next week :p
    test
  6. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

Well...personally, I think it would be healthier for the competition for people to offer constructive criticism to one another....

But what you seem to have been offering isn't constructive criticism...

It's more of just outright attack criticism...

At least that's what I feel like you did to me...

Constructive criticism is when you critique someone's work, and then offer suggestions on how they can improve. I haven't seen you doing that, at least, you certainly didn't to that for me...

You just attacked me, lol, and in all honesty, came off like a haterish troll, imo...especially since most of your "critique" was pretty baseless aside from a few comments about there being too many multis, etc.

It's all good, though...if that's your style of critique, then that's fine....but you may find that you're deterring alot of new blood from coming in here and participating due to your "critiquing" methods...
    test
  7. Aesthet1c

Aesthet1c The Morning Star

Nice attack at um "nobody in particular" Really sets the atmosphere. Try helping people instead of trying to shut them down.

Like raven said, you seem like more of a troll than a critique. Why else would you post such a belligerent post attacking a new member for not being happy with losing? Im sure you would be just as phased if u lost a match. Maybe you wouldn't say it to anyone and just keep it in.

And to be frank, anyone can decipher anyones lyrics and turn them against the artist.

And if you are here to have your ego deflated Im willing to help out....
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

:twotimes:
    test
  9. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

Black Jesus actually tells some really good stories aesthetic

he was champ of this league before i was, amd he used to mod this website

faaaar from a troll...

id show respect to his critique and try to elevate from the constructive criticism

in 2000 or somethin like that, he won voter of the year, and topic selection of the year...

trust me

BJ is legit

and possibly the only guy who truly scares me in this tourney
    test
  10. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

Okay jeeeeeze....lets back up...maybe we got off on the wrong foot.

Look...

The last time I did anything for the RSTL there were literally HUNDREDS of active writers. Every week there would be several excellent verses that were so good...Id forget I was reading a "rap verse" and get into the story. I have read more topical text verses then most of you will ever write.

You can take my votes as attacking you...or you can read between the lines and improve what I shit on you about. I'm not gonna write you the standard vote. Standard votes are boring. I give you my honest opinion.

Think about it....is this what you want me to do?

Honestly...is that what you want me to do? Because I can do that. I can type up some fluff and make you all feel like a bunch of little Stephen Kings if you want me to.

Or would you rather I give a shit an actually read your verses and give you an honest opinion?

Come on man...you guys arent a bunch of little snowflakes.

You guys wouldnt have lasted 2 seconds in the old RSTL. There would have been 20 votes on each battle...one more critical then the next. If you complained about a vote...you'd have 10 better writers then you walk in and shit on your soul. Ask Insanevillian or someone who has been around since those days.

I am capable of giving constructive criticism...look at my vote in ShadowWarriorfs battle. I gave advice about story structure. Sure I did it in my own little way...but lets be honest here...Im not an English teacher. Im not here to teach you assholes how to write. I gave ShadowWarriorfs my honest opinion...and tried to point something out...because all and all...otherwise what I pointed out...it was a solid piece.

I didnt spend time giving some of you constructive criticism because I didnt have all day to break out my red pen and re-write your horseshit. I'm not a mythbuster...I cant polish turds. Honest to god...me attempting to write a funny vote on your battles was me being nice.

But I know now what you all want.

Ill go ahead and type up a form letter response for all my votes...and copy and paste them into every battle. We can turn the RSTL into one of those little league things where no one loses and everyone gets a trophy! PIZZA PARTY! WHOOOO HOOO!
    test
  11. Insanevillian

test
  12. Insanevillian

BJ... contact me on facebook at rapmusicnovel@gmail.com

i have a project im gonna be working on once i get back home that you might take interest in
    test
  13. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

this is also in response to your PM to me, since my reply would pretty much be identical to this post.

Believe it or not, this post was not to you in particular, although there are aspects in this post that pertain to you. I have lost plenty in the RSTL, some to writers that I thought didn't write a better verse than me, and many to writers that did. I wasn't particularly phased by any loss. If I was afraid of losing, I would have stuck to the site I was at before instead of coming here..

As far as me attacking people in my votes... Show me an example? My vote in your match wasn't sugarcoated, but it was hardly any form of attacking.

I pointed out a lack of depth, expressed my wish that you fleshed out your story more, and then said I saw bits of creativity here and there along with some good foundations.
    test
  14. Ravenous510

All I can say after reading this sour ass pucker-faced diatribe is that I can't wait for this kid Black Jesus to post something longer than a "no-show verse"...lmaooooooo.....

It's all good man...I understand....you're the angry cantankerous old coot of the RSTL...lmao...
    test
  15. Ravenous510

Tbh, Inkwell, you're good, homie. I haven't noticed you attacking anyone in the threads...in fact, most if not all of the people voting have been pretty damn fair and impartial in their voting so far with very little back biting, but it's only round 1 so we'll see how everything plays out. This shit is fun, tbh.

There's only really one guy who I have noticed kind of being on unnecessary attack mode, but it's okay because he's the old curmudgeon of the league. It's understandable. Lol.
    test
  16. Insanevillian

test
  17. Ravenous510

That shit was dope...I'm not necessarily immensely impressed by the writing or rhyming abililty, although it was above average....

What I am impressed with is that he came up with that long of a story in a week's time...

Good shit ...that fuckin' thing is definitely a full track's worth of material and holds the attention throughout...

I don't like to write verses that long, (unless it's genuinely over a track), because they tend to get tedious imo, but if that's what you guys are looking for, I'll try to write more material in round 2.
    test
  18. Insanevillian

back n the day if your verses didn t come close to the 60 bar limit... people assumed you were slacking lol

the league had over 100 members at this time, and people would turn on u in an instant...

looking forward to seeing what you bring to the table next week
    test
  19. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

Wow I dont even remember writing that....hahaha...

That seems like eons ago.
    test
  20. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Wait...I'm confused, is this a tournament or a league? Lol I know it sounds stupid to have signed up without knowing exactly what I was signing up for, but I was only worried about getting back into the habit of writing tbh. So am I out or what? lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.