[RANKS] Tourney Rd. 1 Ranks and Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

for the newer participants: please refrain from casually posting in the battle threads. you are allowed to post once to check in, once for your verse, and then post for your votes.
    if you post more than that, the rules state you'll be docked votes for each post above the allowed 3.. (we haven't been enforcing that though)
    test
  2. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

Dayum...

Shitload of no shows in this tourney..

That sucks....

There's plenty of people who did post, though, so it's all good.
    test
  3. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

^ you're telling me, i was looking forward to GL and tekneek participating..
    test
  4. Aesthet1c

Aesthet1c The Morning Star

Woops sorry, first time here :p

But, what happens on ties? Anyone who hasn't voted should vote on me and Matty-P's battle, I dont like ties lol

[RD1] 1. ~Matty P~ vs 2. Aesthet1c
    test
  5. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

well in the regular season, they'd both advance and it'd be a three way battle between the people that tied and the loser of the match above it.. but in a tourney, not too sure. you'll find out soon enough, i guess
    test
  6. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

i still have to vote, ladies. ill break the ties.
    test
  7. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

Just remember. With great power, comes great responsibility.
    test
  8. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

The writing starts now...

-----------------::------------------

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2
    test
  9. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

People, besides black, need to post their vote link in their matches
    test
  11. Aesthet1c

Aesthet1c The Morning Star

Some people really shouldn't be voting -_- But I guess the people here are a little different then I thought. Ill keep revolving my lyrics around my abstract side and hope you guys catch on.
    test
  12. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

welcome to the RSTL Aesthet1c...I'm glad you found this place

(rambleON)
    test
  13. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

^ I was surprised I didnt see you in the tourney coup .
    test
  14. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

test
  15. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

Heard that talk before. Gotta be careful with this thinking.. sometimes its the voters, sometimes its you.

Coup: you didnt enter! What gives?!
    test
  16. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  17. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

Im gonna assume this comment is directed to me.

Listen man...just because I didn't write you a form letter blowing smoke up your ass about your piece doesn't mean I shouldn't vote. I'm not going to tell you your verse was great when it wasn't. Im not gonna find a hand full of lines out of your shit and tell you how I liked your flow or some dumb shit just to sugar coat my vote. I gave my honest opinion.

Dont let one honest person ruin your opinion of everyone here. There are plenty of dudes here who will inflate your already obviously falsely inflated ego. Its gonna be okay.

Let me just tell you though...for your own sake. People were being nice in their votes because they are in a tourney. They are afraid you will hate vote them later on. Its the fundamental flaw of competitions like this. If they could be honest...they would have been.

Next time spend less time trying to teach your opponent how to write his verse...and try not to make my vote the most entertaining thing written in your thread.
    test
  18. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

*shifty eyes* lol .
    test
  19. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Aesth...If you vote on all matches and post those link in your matchup before T.a.C closes them, you could win. 1-0. posting three links would put u up 3-1 :-D
    test
  20. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

Based on some posts i've read this week and similar posts i've read this season and in seasons past... Directed to no one in particular...

People have different opinions and key in on different things in a verse. You will never like/agree with everything everyone says about your verse. It's a part of the RSTL and the fact that you have your peers critiquing you. Get used to it. Chances are, the voting you do isn't exactly exemplary either. Chances are, your voting is probably worse than the people that aren't complaining about votes.

I assure you, you are not "too deep" or "too profound" for people here to truly appreciate your work. For the newer writers, that may be the case, but there are people here who have probably been writing longer than you and are better than you. When you play the "I'm so good, it's just going over your heads" card, I simply say this. Feel free to spell out to us peons every facet of your verse so that we may truly appreciate it. Orrr... so I can pick it apart and spell out to you how it really isn't as good as you think it is.

You may be from a different site, you may be new, but understand people are here to improve as writers. This is especially for those that spend their time on the Open Mic portion of this site or other websites, expect to hear less praise than you're used to, and more (constructive) criticism. You are here to have your ego deflated a bit, not to be told that your piece is absolutely breathtaking and an instant classic.

What's the alternative to this? Everyone sucks each other off and goes "Yeah man! Shit was fiyah! Keep poundin them keys, good things gonna come, fsho!" And we are all unable to vote on a winner, because everyone is equally as talented and everybody wins the tournament. You wanna split $75, what is it... 28 ways?

Lastly, this is a Rap forum. But RSTL is not a strictly rap competition. There have been, are, and will be people who do strictly poetry. Even (gasp) freeform poetry that doesn't rhyme at all. In fact, some of them have even been very successful. Take Nom for example. RSTL is for people trying to become better writers, not better net rappers.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.