[RANKS] Tourney Rd. 1 Ranks and Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

Motherfucker its always been sunday. Grr now ill be writing till the deadline

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

It's always been friday NG lol
    test
  3. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

extentions have always been till saturday night at midnight pacific time... i havent been around but i remember that
    test
  4. Insanevillian

let me know if im needed to post, or close battles
    test
  5. nO gOoD!

Ahh man. Oh well lol ill do something

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I plan to close the no show battles in the am but you are welcome to do those no show ones in the am if u choose
    test
  7. Insanevillian

alright......

if im up at midnight ill close em down and up the battles that need votes
    test
  8. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Would be nice to recieve some feedback rather than see my verse amount to nothing and just close if my opponant no shows.
    test
  9. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

How long does the voting last for?

I wanted to put down some votes but I've been busy this weekend...havent gotten around to it.
    test
  10. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

I know I'm brand new in these parts, and maybe you guys think I'm only here to try to win some money, but honestly I enjoy writing topical rhymes...

Someone voted on my verse and said that it "didn't have very many rhymes", and I thought; "maybe my writing style is kind of hard to catch without hearing it aloud"...so I thought this might help; it's just me reciting the verse I wrote for round one;

test
  11. Insanevillian

voting will last till monday morning...

as far as feedback, if full verses are dropped in no show battles i will announce the winner and leave it open for feedback...

but if its a double no show, or a no show drop... like my verse... it will be closed
    test
  12. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

there's always gonna be some things about votes that you don't agree with.. it happens to everyone.. i honestly don't think it's worth the effort to record yourself reciting the verse to prove a point =\ other members have done it in the past as well, but no one really listens to them.. hate for you to waste your time/energy

IV: man, you're pretty strict on those deadlines.. liking it
    sucks some heavyhitters didn't show though.. bleh
    test
  13. patrown

patrown student for life

:O FUCK!!!! goddammmnit!!! ................................. pm me if you want to read my verse i guess. ez.
    test
  14. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

lol pat... send it my way, i'm curious to see what you had in store for the tourney
    test
  15. Aesthet1c

Aesthet1c The Morning Star

Hi guys, Im a few days new and I almost feel like im intruding on the competition. So to show you I will be here for a long while, on the topical rap/poetical side, I thought I would introduce myself. I am aesthetic I was referred here from another forum because of a post i did regarding the correlation between rap and poetry. I Basically went on a rant about todays artists and the lack of effort put into lyrics. In fact I was referred directly to the RSTL section of this forum. Anyways, I have been writing for about 3 years now. I prefer poetry over rap and the only reason I am in this tournament is to really up my lyrics. I saw the past tournament lyrics and instantly wanted to be apart of the forum. There are some talented people here and I want to be one of them.

If you need anything please PM me, I would love to help out or critique some lyrics. I just hope you will do the same for me! I dont like sugarcoatings. I cant get fans that way.

Goodluck to everyone! Hopefully I will see you at the top!

For now, im going to lucid dream and plot out my win ;) Which I recommend to everyone, like I said before. There are some really fucking talented people here, they are either naturally gifted or write in advance. Im gonna start on the second 1 and see where it gets me, i suggest the same for you.
    test
  16. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

how are you intruding? o_O i think you're alright.

Actually, you don't have to choose in the RSTL, there are people here who do straight up poetry, so don't feel forced to write a certain way.

Out of curiosity, what site werr you on and who referred you?
    test
  17. Aesthet1c

Aesthet1c The Morning Star

HipForums, A kind of everything forum. A cat by the name of rambleON recommended RSTL to me and said "Its a rap story telling topical league... it incorporates poetry and rap. and trust me, it's not below you." And here I am.

I just feel like since im only a few day new and yall is like 500 posts, 10,000 posts. Makes me kind of feel out of place and invasive to the enviroment yall create. But for me it's just a forum thing, ill get over it soon enough.
    test
  18. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

Nah dont sweat it, we love new blood
    test
  19. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

New talent is always welcome =-)
    test
  20. nO gOoD!

That is unless you drop audio like me lol