[RANKS] RSTL Week 1 Ranks and Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nom is dull.

nom is dull. but shines up pretty.

well fuck. that was an unexpected no show.
    test
  2. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

Oh nom dude I'm so sorry, my phone got trashed and it wasn't backed up. I lost my verse. No good
    test
  3. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

Sorry rstl for fucking shit up this week. Nom I had no intention of ditching you like that
    test
  4. the omega man

the omega man so, it goes

all u noshowers in this together....its a conspiracy
    test
  5. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

i am not a no show...

snow storm is muthafucka... finally got my computer back tho and im sitting at a bar doing all of my votes while im drinkin a pabst

good times
    test
  6. patrown

patrown student for life

scrolls did :\ someone called it before. oh well . my verse sucked anyways. i'm going to approach my next one differently. completely. i did tell a story, in a way. but all the other ways to approach what i attempted shed some light on how i should go about this type of writing.
    red stripe here doin my votes too.
    test
  7. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

your verse didnt suck... it was good poetry... it just wasnt rstl ready....
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

actually his verse had a lot of potential he just needs to get more comfortable in the RSTL and trial and error remember that is the ground work all great writers have to master..
    test
  9. patrown

patrown student for life

thankyou for laying down the straight truth LP
    i appreciate your honesty.
    the truth is, somebody called out i'd win by no show in the week 1 lounge, so I went into writing with the intention of focusing solely on using a bit of metaphor, and not keeping the same boring rhyme schemes.
    I erased many many bars I had written.
    Had been watching scrolls page, and spoke with a few people.
    A no show was almost guaranteed, so I focused on what I needed to focus on before I really go into learning an entirely different method of writing, which is what you all do an amazing job of in the RSTL.
    I admire you all for your talent, and you're patience with my ass.
    I have no experience writing, I've been all freestyle, besides some horrible horrible tracks I wrote the verses for 2004-20010.
    Now, I'm here with the sole intent of improving my imagery and metaphor usage. I'll work on rhyme schemes, after I improve my storytelling capabilities in week 3 which I will sign up for.
    Starting on day one the topics are released, I'm going to first develop the story as I would an essay, introduction, body paragraphs building on subject matter, (story progression/character development), and end with a conclusion. Then I'll use that format and turn it into a story told with rhyme.
    All the reading I've been doing here has done nothing but open my eyes to how bad I actually was at the process of writing.
    I wish I could just freestyle on my keyboard like I do with my voice.
    Trying to learn methods of doing it without just recording myself freestyling and picking out verses, but I'm going to be doing that on my next RSTL drop.

Thanks again for the feedback and keep it coming. I'll be working on this until the next topics are posted up and I'll send it to you in a PM, tell me what you think of how I changed what I did into what it needed to be for the RSTL. Thanks for all your help LP. no matter what people may think of you, you're a good person even if you do TROLL ME from time to time. dick.
    lol jp. ur cool just dont troll me when im all drunk anymore :BlahBlah:
    Take care man. If you would like to collab on a video freestyle with me and Nomak, Johnny wordswrite, your more then welcome to get in on it.
    We're doing it on facebook and anyone from RM is invited to join us that has a video camera and isn't all cash money. hit me on my while, or on my aim,
    "theheadschoice" (THC, it's TheHeadsChoice)
    Stay up. thanks for your feedback, again, it's very appreciated.

EDIT: I love platinum bubba kush and trainwreck. ccccommbo breaker.
    test
  10. patrown

patrown student for life

nah bro, I realize it is a shitty poem to being with honestly.
    There's a complete lack of development, really does nothing but expresses imagery and a couple instances of metaphor.

but I do appreciate your feedback, immensely. I'm going to practice for the next one by working on this until I get my topics for week 3. Still have a win, just going to finish my votes up to get it legit before sunday evening. probably later tonight.

Really appreciate this opportunity. I needed this kind of challenge to get out of the rut I was in trying to write.

Going to be doing a lot of freestyle , listening to it, using the few good bars, and expanding off those.

I'm really amazed by the talent here. I have to give it to you all, you're all excellent writers. Thanks for having me. :spermy::facepalmn:
    test
  11. patrown

patrown student for life

thanks man. I want you to bring back whatever passion you had running through your veins that very night you wrote your that RSTL verse you showed me, the one about love. you have mad potential man, thanks for being the first person to explain what the fuck is going on here and answering my redundant questions.

to ask when you don't know is the rule,
    to ask when you do know the answer is polite. "" rough quote from feudal Japan era.
    test
  12. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

Scrolls is rstl's icon? Lol wtf
    test
  13. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

Also....do u guys all hate topical now? Im about to go winless lol
    test
  14. patrown

patrown student for life

nah G. I've just never tried anything like this.
    I've went off topics or scenario's in cyphers the next person added somethin to and shit like that but writing a story is new to me.
    Looking forward to seeing what week 2 brings us.
    test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I'll be voting and giving feedback throughout the day
    test
  16. patrown

patrown student for life

same. I need to reply to any feedback posted in my no show forum inside my sign in post, where my votes are being linked?

I don't really know anything about the dynamics you guys have a firm grasp on.

I'm afraid I'm missing things that might sway a vote a different direction..
    think I should keep it to three because of this fact, or just vote on each one?
    test
  17. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

I'm hoping to do my voting tonight 1-3am pac timw. I'm on a flight back home...If the voting can be opened until monday afternoon I would like to drop some feed on all battles/verses.

See ya'll in sunny florida

EDIT:

hold the polls till monday afternoon ? I want to feed on all verses

I just read all the verses now...went to leave votes/comments but I'm way too jittery to type out thoughts....i'm shaking lol

good to be home, next weeks verse should not piss off nom, shad and strangely enough lpree
    test
  18. the omega man

haha Coup...I just saw your Signature....now thats what I'm talkin bout haha
    test
  19. the omega man

damn I really wanted to go against somebody this week because I felt like I gave a whole new take on a story that I've never approached before and I wanted to see how it matched up against someone...

I can't believe people CHECK IN and noshow its a joke....

If you not going against TaC or Shadow you have a 50% chance of a noshow
    test
  20. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Topics are up
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.