[RANKS] Official Week Two Rankings/Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I'd rather give up the modding than not compete ..
    test
  2. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

i felt the same way.
    test
  3. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Exactly, who wants to stick around if they can't compete? Only way is to compete under your mod name, not some faggot alias or three.
    test
  4. Got Life?

test
  5. TheReturn

And get rid of the seasonal shit for fuck's sake. What does it do besides slow activity down at the end and discourage people from signing up near the end because they know there's nothing to strive for because it's too late to make the playoffs?
    test
  6. Got Life?

that's partially to blame.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i think i handle both well
    test
  8. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I do compete under my name .. and never used the mod thing to any advantage to me either .. and haven't used it to help people I may favour personally .. but I won't bend rules for guys I rate just to keep them around .. then be expected by those same heads to uphold rules against the lesser-knowns when they feel the need .. that's how Jook wants to work it and I see that now .. rules aren't fair when they're suited to favour 'vets' just cos they're a decent writer or something .. and I can't stand for and uphold rules of that nature ..

Vern claims it's all corrupt .. yet after so many people have lost votes and battles due to rule breaches and not a word has been said cos those people accepted their fault .. he wants to be immune from those rules just cos people like his writing and want to read his stuff in this league (as I do) .. but all this "you're chasing the 'good' heads away" is stupid talk .. they're being bitches when lesser-knowns have man'ed the fuck up .. accepted and moved on ..

for time I've refused to believe Jook is nah son .. but today has changed my mind on that .. and I'm now even more convinced he is Trybz too .. lol .. seriously ..

the league is only corrupt when rules can be altered to suit .. and people are actually asking for that whilst moaning about corruption .. lol .. jeez ..
    test
  9. TheReturn

I'm confident that Jook = nah son = Trybz = Mound10. No joke at all.
    test
  10. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

there's a poll in hook-ups .. can everyone go vote please? ..
    test
  11. Got Life?

i firmly believe that and i find it hysterical that in my loss to mound 10, i got voted against by Jook, Nahson, and Trybz to lose 3-2.

already addressed the poll.
    test
  12. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

I liked Tali also, for the record.

And while I can be an asshole, I never pulled shit while I modded. I never interefered with the ranks or anything like that, I just got the threads up on time and the magazines.

LOL
    test
  13. Got Life?

^ you'll never get a mod spot.

stop.
    test
  14. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

the thing is .. there is a big problem with constantly trying to hark back to some form of glory day for the rstl .. yes .. I remember when this league needed a sub forum for the top ranks .. but that was when there was a demand for this .. it's extremely niche now and to think you hold solid argument when comparing it to then and now on the back of 1 person is demented .. if there were 60 people interested in open mic battles then they would be here .. but there isn't .. Vern asked for an alternative .. we all know about RHYME but he won't be shown many others that aren't on some kids proboard or some shit ..

the tag tourney thing has been a royal flop in many senses .. a simple knock-out structure for a short period in a favoured by many text battle verse where they get a team mate so less work to do and 2 opponents where they have more material .. and still it was full of no-shows .. including Q and Vern .. I don't like text battling anymore .. that tourney proved it to myself .. but I still took part just for the fuck of it ..

people are too involved and emotional to the wins than is healthy tbh .. hence using that weapon to an advantage by stating 5 votes to obtain .. so we can enforce activity so to speak .. and people moan and whine at "having" to give back to the league to get anything out of it ..
    test
  15. Got Life?

the biggest thing you guys need to do right now is ban the cheating mod.

Get TR and Nom in there...and recruit fresh blood.

If this league can sustain at least 20 members, I'll stay here and not go over to Rhyme.
    test
  16. Chin Kwon

Chin Kwon The Angkorian

I didn't think that tag tourney was executed well. I was hoping that we'd dedicated more time to hyping the tournament before actually starting. But for what it was, i wouldn't say it's a total flop.

I think right now, the league is suffering from two things, internal conflict and REPUTATION! I've been around and i aint been hearing good things about it.
    test
  17. Got Life?

wtf does the tag tourney have to do /w the RSTL...

come up /w a more coherent thought pattern.
    test
  18. Chin Kwon

Chin Kwon The Angkorian

it was an off the topic comment on Lucifer's post concerning the Tag Tournament.
    test
  19. Pharaohe Def

Pharaohe Def Take a Swing

lucifa - check your pm's.
    test
  20. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

haha .. I'm not heading any campaign to have either mod stripped .. but I get the feeling something needs to happen and is likely to happen .. but the drama is on hold until Q and Jook return to continue this ordeal .. I can't be bothered to start a mag and then Jook decides he's going to Jeff to potentially shut the league down (given this was the rstl's last chance to breathe and there's already been a few changes in mod) by asking for me and/or Q to be demodded ..

but from my personal opinion on all this shit .. I joined via my own personal vouch for Q .. even if we've conflicted since (and we had some shit back in the day on his Bonkerz name once) .. his name helped my decision to sign up for what was going to be a trial period .. and I caught a bug and stayed longer than I expected as I have enjoyed it .. it's a madhouse in here but I like it .. but if Q is demodded then so am I .. and that's not me being his bitch .. lol .. that's me not down for rules that suit .. from Linxz to Dougie G to Got Life to Q to nah son to vern .. all should face the same penalty and ruling for the same shit .. not be lenient in one case cos "I prefer his writing to his" ..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.