[RANKS] Official Week Two Rankings/Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----- The Official RSTL Rankings & Lounge -----
    WEEK TWO

------------------------------

.:pain:. 1-0
    Cereal_Killer 9-3

Pharaohe Def 0-0
    Chin Kwon 1-0

TheReturn 12-3
    200PROOF 0-0

Extreme Venom 0-1
    Ace The Prophet 0-1

nom de plume. 7-4
    King Grimet 0-0

Mic-illaH 0-0
    Ifuse 0-0

Sign Outs:

LDogg 3-3
    DaAlmightyDolla 11-7
    Lucifa 22-9
    Infinite Truth 8-3
    Bodian 5-3

No Shows:

rocket 0-1
    Pent uP 7-1
    RICO 4-10
    SpeedyCalhoun 0-1
    MetaSin 9-5
    DeSiMaTiOn 0-1
    3-Planes 5-3
    Revanon 0-1
    Master Peace 0-1
    Joe King 0-1
    MADDRAPPER II 0-1

Additional Information:

Baron Mynd/Bodian (5-3) Recycled in [S3:WK1] Link
    DeadKing has 1 week suspension remaining
    Condescending is banned for the whole of Season 3
    test
  2. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

wow .. ok .. I just read all the shit from the previous ranks thread ..

Got Life? was banned from the play-offs .. Q actually stated first that he would ban him for Season 3 .. and I suggested making it the play-offs instead cos I knew that would fuck him up emotionally .. which it did .. he went all out to get someone to let him have their name to post his own verse ..

now when it was evident that wasn't DK's writing against me .. and I then had a pm with proof that it was GL? .. I pm'd Q to ask his opinion on what to do .. as I was catching a bit of heat from vada on my substitute system to fill the spots .. so it would have looked slippy on my behalf to have taken a free route to the next round via no-show (having lost 1 sub I was not going to be able to sub DK/GL either) .. and told Q I wasn't bothered either way .. I wanted all battles open (from mod point) and wanted that battle open (from my competitor point) .. whilst admitting defeat that Eugene would do all he could to be involved .. so it was either let it go to votes (and hopefully he gets taken out by me which almost happened) and risk him going all the way possibly .. or d/q his verse and have him further ruin the atmosphere around here on some tantrum trip ..

I don't feel for a second that we catered to him .. it was sooo much easier to just stick with the ban .. but .. I would have felt like a hyporcite given how much effort and emphasis I was putting on filling all the spots to avoid no-show wins .. so I handed Q the final say on the matter but aired my opinion .. and Q 'agreed' to just fuck it and let him stay in .. it just wasn't worth the drama and there was a verse there (as wanted) regardless of who wrote it ..

but also .. even though it's clearer in my revised rules posts .. it's been known for a long time now that you lose votes for posting 4 or more times in your own thread or more than a vote in someone elses .. so vada nor Jook can't blame Q for following that .. as I would have done it too had I been the one closing threads ..

as for the final .. I actually do agree that a 3-way would be a good outcome to an extent .. not cos I don't want vada to sign out for good .. but it would be a good battle .. however .. the mod in charge at the time made a call .. and even though I maybe have reservations (given general opinion) I think Q kept his call consistent with threads in the past where he's docked votes for excessive posts .. so I can't go against Q here .. I mean I feel for vada .. a close ass battle that did end a tie .. but he also went against regulations and posted 5 times in the thread .. 1 post could easily be considered swaying (it wasn't IMO, he's entitled to his opinion, but should have used a sticky thread) .. so I disagree with all the hate Q's catching over that call .. especially from Jook who should have also deducted votes had he been the one to lock up ..
    test
  3. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

oh .. and I have taken Pharaohe's win away .. he failed to meet the voting links rules and does not obtain the win ..
    test
  4. Pharaohe Def

Pharaohe Def Take a Swing

^ what? are you serious? i voted on four of the battles.

that's mad retarded. my opponent didn't even show and i still voted on battles. i shouldnt even have to vote in the first place.
    test
  5. Pharaohe Def

if my opponent would've showed, i would've only been docked ONE vote. Not a LOSS. But since my opponent no-showed (which is completely out of my control, might i add); I get a LOSS because of failing to vote on one extra battle? It's not my fault I can't be docked a vote.

That makes no sense to me.
    test
  6. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

this league NEEDS votes .. so to think you don't have to vote just cos your opponent turned bitch is not a valid argument ..

we appreciate you voted .. but we NEED as many votes as possible across the board .. hence why the rule is ATLEAST 5 when available .. of which there were 6 ..

and labelling of the 2 most important votes is also requested ..

you didn't have to vote though .. which of course would have ended the same way .. you don't catch a loss .. but just cos someone dips on you doesn't mean you should dip on the league .. so for that .. you just don't catch the free win ..

I stress again .. we NEED votes! .. they make the league work .. that is why there is such an emphasis on voting and punishments via vote deductions .. as they are the vital ingredient to both the competitors and the league itself ..

please don't complain like the rules aren't there for you to see .. it is outlined VERY clearly ..

lol @ shouldn't have to vote ..

*walks out shaking head*
    test
  7. Pharaohe Def

yeah, but you also need members in the league to do voting. and giving someone a win then taking it back because of a mistake that wasn't MY fault isn't right either. why should i vote on other peoples shit when my shit didn't get any votes? the whole purpose of posting a verse you spend hours on is for people to read it, critique it, and vote on your battle. no one read my shit this week; so why should i be forced to read other peoples and critique? i voted anyway even though i feel that way .. the voting is not a problem. but like seriously, i shouldn't be held to the same standards as the people who actually had their opponent show.

and you NEED members in the league in order to get the 'votes' that keep the league running.. and giving someone a win; then taking it away because of a mistake made by the people running the league isn't a good way to keep members in the league.

i'm not going to NOT receive a win for a verse i worked my ass off on... so like i said in the sign out thread; you can sign me out if thats the case. cause i want no part of a league that operates like that.

i was planning on being an active/productive member of this league too.. which this league seems to need desperately at this time. but you can sign me out if your decision stands.

i understand rules are rules... and laws are laws. but god damn. people speed every day on the highway. does everyone get penalized for it? no. there is SOME leniency and there should be some in this case. my opponent didn't show. i voted on four battles - which is JUST as much as cereal killer did. he was docked a point. me on the other hand; i dont receive a win? makes absolutely no sense to me and i don't want any part of it.
    test
  8. Pharaohe Def

i dunno about anyone else reading this ; but something about that sentence just doesn't sound right to me ..
    test
  9. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

I feel where you're coming from pharaohe, though I can't say I don't understand lucy's standpoint as far as "rules are rules"...otherwise what's the point of having rules...I did however read your verse and if you post it in om or would rather me just pm you I'll def give you feed.
    test
  10. J o o k

J o o k Guest

I would just like to say that my views couldn't be more different than Lucifas.

Afraid Got Life would continue to throw tantrums so you lift his ban in the playoffs after being convicted of cheating? Wow.

See if the mod would have enforced the rules 100 percent we would not be in this situation.

Now they DQ vern for too many posts in his thread?

So recycling and cheating are less evil than too many post in a battle thread???

WTF?

This is NOT right.

Vada you know where I stand. I fought for you bro, and I'm still not done.

This is complete bullshit.

I rather both the mods who are doing this dumb shit quit than it go down this way.
    test
  11. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

where do you come with this recycling and cheating bullshit...

you're the most ignorant cheating cocksucker on the planet homo...

I recycled...

that's all I did princess...

I'm not the one who went around double voting against people last season to ensure that little nahsy didn't have to face the big bad Life? again...

I'm not the one who advanced my own alias on a shady mod call that practically no one else agrees with, even "the truth" aka TheReturn in Nahson moving past IT...

Jook, you're not only a terrible mod, you're a terrible cheater...

You should be demodded and banned.

As to Nique in regards to the whole Nique is Jook thing...

It actually wasn't me...someone had noted you and Nah Son were rocking practically the identical sig, hence that's probably where the assumption came from...

I only headlined the Nique is a dude campaign.

If it'll blow the bullshit over and shut Jook's twat the fuck up, let Vern into the 3-way.

It wont matter.

Then we can say that both Vern and I don't deserve to be here and Q can win his season and dedicate it to Caitlyn.
    test
  12. J o o k

J o o k Guest

And WTF? I SAW DEF VOTE.

How are you going to take his win man?

He signed out because you took his win. He did everything he was suppose to just forgot to post links.

The fact is he showed up and voted. So you rather lose an active participant than give a deserved win due to your absolute enforcement of rules?

Some of you guys need some management classes.

This shit is ridiculous. The league is down on numbers as it is.

Things need to change ASAP.
    test
  13. vada

vada New Member

this league will die now
    test
  14. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

you can please some people some of the time
    you can please some people all of the time
    you can even please all people some of the time
    but you can never please all people all of the time

Q upped the no-show voters with Jook's and mine (and a bunch of competitor's) agreement to be the same as people who are showed against to 5 .. including champ/cont as mandatory .. it used to be 3 for no-shows ..

and ok .. I do know why it used to be less for a no-show than active heads .. it 'made sense' .. in an active league that is the case .. but the rstl has and always will be a niche thing .. open mic forums have had bursts of activity but have never surpassed the battle versions .. until audio came about .. and people creating tracks took over from battling in audio after a while ..

there's a reason Jeff dropped the text leagues to the foot of the board .. the call for them just isn't alive like it used to be .. so for too many weeks during seasons we get low activity and just a few spikes .. look at this week! .. I wouldn't have signed out if I had chance to VOTE next weekend .. because I really wouldn't want to lose/not win a battle "I won" just cos I couldn't vote due to real life commitments .. tying up my fri-sun being away from home ..

your verse does get read and does receive feedback of sorts though .. as I (ok so who am I right? .. well gl? figured my opinion was valid enough to warrant doing the Top 5 in the mag when he was mod) have to read every verse posted and form and post an opinion in some form .. whether it's a quick note in the weekly breakdown or in a Top 5 list or on occassional 'no-show limelight' segments of the mag ..

I really do try to practice what I preach and I make efforts to put my money where my mouth is .. I vote on everything as often as I can and there's been so so few battles since I joined that I haven't voted on .. and I still say the rstl is the best place to get feedback .. better than the dedicated open mic forum for the volume of crit you can get .. not just the numbers but the actual indepth figures .. atleast 2 lines of crit and reasoning vs open mic's "this was dope .. peep mine" ..

and yes .. omgomg @ how much I loathe no-shows .. but they happen and it happened against you .. that's not your fault .. that's not my fault .. that's not the leagues fault ..

but it is your fault 1 potential/expected vote went begging .. 2 battles that had 1 deserving of your 5th vote "atleast" ..

you all expect shit of the league .. well the league fucking expects shit from you too .. to keep shit active and competitive and not blighted with no-shows and the accompanied cheap as fuck wins .. work for the win beyond keying a verse .. you showed .. cheers .. we appreciate that .. good shit duke .. so have many others .. and as a member .. they want your input as they would have given you had your opponent allowed your thread to remain open ..

anyone from the rstl who is no-showed against can easily slap the verse in open mic forum and hit me with a pm to drop a link in the mag .. no probs .. would do that for anyone no questions asked ..

the rules are the rules .. and someone will always cry about them .. we won't be held to some ransom demand of "I'm signing out and never coming back" by anyone .. you're not the first and won't be the last .. i-net feelings are precious I know .. but meh .. we've altered the rules and reasserted mod control over bitching winning the day by me spending the time to clarify each stipulation so we're all on the same page ..

you won't get the win back .. the same as vada won't get in to the finale .. because we're sticking by these rulings to keep mad consistency in whatever goes down .. it's not being strict on a mod trip .. it's us saying "we make the decision .. but we make them by these rules" .. no-one can claim favouritism from the mods cos "they're crew" or "they chat on aim/msn" .. everyone is equal by the rules ..

now people are complaining about the rules of the rbl being bent and twisted all over the place .. deeming them worthless as minds are changed and different rulings are made on the same problem .. our problem being the quality and quantity of votes/feedback we like to promise competitors as an attraction to a league of this sort ..

so we NEED participants like yourself that really want to get in to the league and be active .. we also NEED everyone to play by the same rules .. so it's whatever .. I and we WANT you to stay in .. but you do what you NEED to do Def ..
    test
  15. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Not if I can help it Vern. I am going to change things soon as I get home. Be ready to write.

I don't know why these kids are cheating for GL? but it's not going to happen whether I have to start from scratch with mods and pick up TR.

This shit is coming to an end real fast.
    test
  16. vada

vada New Member

lucifa shut up and stop being Q's bitch...how do you expect activity from the league when you let technicalities push away the good writers....you're making the league more and more unappealing every time you type a word, so just stop...do your job and follow Q's orders and you will be able to go to bed everynight and say....WOW i have a friend and life isn't really as serious as i thought...WHY cause i moderate the RSTL a corupt league that will never get me anywhere in life but it is top priority in my book....lmao...just stop it...if you was smart you'd sign out and step down....save yourself the embarassment
    test
  17. vada

vada New Member

i dont even want to be part of this corrupt league so dont bother....
    test
  18. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Well there's two good participants chased way by dumb fucking decisions, are we going for a record? Let's see what else bullshit they let slide, maybe more Got Life? recycling? but God forbid someone post an extra comment in their battle thread. Can't have that now can we.
    test
  19. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I gave Q the call .. and was willing to back it as a mod AND as a competitor .. but here's the thing Jook .. I've just posted an essay on my opinion of voting and the rules .. these rules are season 3 .. from this week .. not the play-offs .. as they're on season 2 rules which you and Q devised but were forever switching how something was ruled which is confusing as BOTH competitor or mod ..

under those previous rules and the level of mod discretion it got messy too many times .. gl and baron have been pulling stunts from way before I even signed in .. nevermind was asked to mod .. so don't just throw that "you let him participate after that?!?" when those 2 are still allowed to sign in at all from under 'your' rule .. and as for Vern .. I really do see where both you and Q come from .. but as if you would have got there first I would be backing your decision more .. I haven't tried to over-rule anything (especially since Q's reaction) and have gone with the shit you called Jook .. the finale topics removed and the 5 vote skunk removed amongst other lil things ..

but real talk ..

I am willing to step down from mod if opinion wants it .. I said that from the start and since .. I wouldn't feel bitter .. I'd stay signed in for sure .. vote .. promote activity .. wouldn't need to do the mag so that'd be a bonus .. I've done what I could to make this a fair and competitive league for season 3 .. it'd be nice to see it through to week 16 .. as I think the clear rules things makes hella sense .. stops bitching and all the accusations that fly around this place .. beyond jibes at voting with nom and an early vote for baron which you called me out on so unfairly just because you probably figured I was an alias or close pal of his or some shit on that LokStok account .. I don't think anyone can call me a cheat of any sort or throw any accusation of ill play my way .. I'm happy about that .. how about you? ..
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol, you faggots are amazing.

of course following rules that are visible for all and have been enforced for 2 seasons strong is corrupt when pertaining to the rstl legend 'vern acular'

and jook, with all this cheating talk and nonsense, nigga please, you have no more respect from me

please, find new mods that will do what i have done, please, i would really like to see that happen

lol at this biscuit, who the fuck cares if you "demod" me or if i "step down", im leaving anyway idiot, im only here because im in the fucking tournament

and any league ran your way will only benefit your friends and those who still have their dick in your mouth

now, i can side with the pharoahe thing, although i also side with luci's decision because its based on the rules and all new members were asked to read, learn, and abide by those rules which are clearly visible to the public

but trust that i could care less about you "taking over" and "starting from scratch", be my guest, faggot, and while you're at it you might as well appoint baron so we can have 2 cheaters running the league and vern will be happy because he'll be allowed to cheat and go by his own rules
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.