[RANKS] Official Week 29 Ranks/Lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  2. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

q, how bout u just delete that verse and write up a new 14?
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

why? that'd be 40 some odd lines wasted, i don't have anything else to write. plus, it'd be saturday afternoon before i wrote another verse. also, i'm not required to, i did nothing wrong here.
    test
  4. Muffffy

Muffffy Attack of the Muff

Naw that wud be unfair. 3 way champ match? I don't care about the statistical win but I refuse to lose unfairly
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

can we seriously take this to the ranks thread?
    test
  6. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

whatever, its not my battle. In most cases you're right Q, but I think you're wrong here. This was a nice little battle, Q took it this time around....but......I dont want my vote to count cuz I'd be pissed if I was in Muffy's shoes. I dont think Q was trying to cheat to win or anything like that, cuz he's not that type of cat....but, technically...I think Muff wins by default. I'm done with it, I'll let yall figure it out.....good verses by both tho.
    test
  7. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

sorry, edit that over their too.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

honestly, after all i've said and evidence stated, you feel as though i'm trying to "cheat" you? or do you just feel like i got the best of you and you want redemption?

serious question. because i'm trying to see this from your shoes, and if i were muff, i'd be thinking "damn, i got got.. but i'm not gonna let it end like this."

i mean, you misunderstood the rules, you failed to notice rule changes or read announcments, you failed to post even within the original limit which i suggested which you failed to even recognize or agree to. and you failed to read or respond to all messages or attempts by me telling you that i went 30 and was ready to post. but now i'm a cheater.
    test
  9. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

I dont know, I just wanna see you guys go at it fairly cuz you guys are evenly matched.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

all i can say is that i feel where muffy is coming from. i'm not trying to discredit his concern. but i don't feel as though i'm in the wrong. situations like this have happened in the past, just recently. and all times its been due to a failure to read and understand the rules. i honestly can't think of a better time for people to really sit down and read the rules. i can't keep going through this because i don't like the fact that once there's a misunderstanding and i'm the only one trying to acknowledge it and fix the problem, the league that i try so hard to uphold paints me as a liar and a cheater. seriously, i do my best to keep this league a float and i can understand that me calling my own matches may seem suspect to some critics. but at least have the decency to look at it from my perspective. check my history, i've always tried to uphold the rules. if this were another match, i would be championing the same position, because i feel as though it is the right position.

this shit is really wearing me down.
    test
  11. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

so you're saying that it's not against the rules to post more lines when droppin last???
    test
  12. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

well I just saw the rules and it's not their........It should be their.
    test
  13. Muffffy

Nigga why would I want redemption when I stomped ur ass last time? This hiding ur post bitch move is your redemption . I posted first and u cudnt even edit down to 14 where u still could win? Imagine seeing an empty thread posting your verse thinkin ur opponent will show sometime later then comin back to see ur opponent drop a 22 liner actin like he posted first when hye didn't. U used ur mod powers to unfairly gain the advantage. What I would have done was trim dowjn to best 14 but ur cheatin ass can't even do that. U took off two lines and somehow thatts enuff for u lol q jus lol. Everytime u mention the rules I laugh. U edited after my verse among the mod power faggotry
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[11] - All verses are to remain within the limits of 8 to 30 lines. Contender/Champion match verses are TO remain within the limits of 8 to 40 lines. Any breach of line limit must be agreed upon by both competitors prior to a verse being posted. Failure to comply will result in an automatic forfeit by all failing parties. An agreement of a line limit will thereby serve as the maximum allowed; competitors are allowed to post under an agreed limit, but never over. An agreement is not required.

in a nut shell, an average competitor has the right to post a verse between 8 and 30 lines. if both agree to a limit, say 16, neither can go above it but both are welcome to go below so long as the verse is above 8 lines. if either opponent wishes to go over 30, it must be agreed upon by both competitors.

i changed the "second match the first" rule long time ago because its unfair to whoever posts second. let's say you agree to 24, then at the last minute post 8. now the second guy posts 24 and you want him to erase it to match your 8 because you posted first. a similar situation has happened to me before. erasing lines realistically ruins the effect of the verse, especially to experienced writers who incorporate meaningful lines which may be personal and/or connect to other lines.

^that is unfair to me, so instead i encouraged people to reach an agreement and that would be the limit. but, agreements are not required and me and muff had no agreement. plus, i originally suggested 16-30, then changed it to 30 like two days later, and then messaged him trying to reach him asking when he was ready to post because i had written already, then i edited the check in so that he would know that i went 30. my verse was only hidden due to the fact that i didn't want him to write based on his reaction to my verse as admitted last time. but it wasn't hidden so that i could say i posted first, which is why it is now second. it wouldn't have mattered whether i was first or second.
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i took out 10 lines. i posted 30, like i said i would. why would you even go 14? what made you think i had only written 14 lines?
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and you didn't stomp me, but i'll take that. you won. i don't deny it and don't intend to. i am a man above all else. you just think that i'm something i'm not.

the problem with this league is that people refuse to be mature about anything.
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

people read selectively. ironically enough, i announced the change at the same time that i implemented the skunk rule. yet, everyone knows about the new skunk rule but nobody knows about the line limit shit.

http://board.rapmusic.com/16227619-post3.html

..so now i'm a cheater.
    test
  18. Muffffy

Nigga why would I care how many lines u wrote if I posted 1st? Jesus christ are u slow? What is fair about 20 lines to 14? In ur original check in u said u were busy with school so io figured I'd just drop 16 . I actually thought I dropped 16 but hey I miscounted? Why did u use ur mod powers to hide ur verse? Why didn't u trim down to 14 when I posted first? Because you cheat nuff said
    test
  19. Muffffy

Lol hiding a verse then unhoding is cheating and u know it . Its like a automatic pass to post 2nd everytime
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

whatever muff, sign the fuck out. i'm tired of defending a legitimate reason and i'm tired of going back and forth with someone as thickheaded as you. its clear that you misinterpreted the rules. and i've been busy with school EVERY week and yet i still successfully run this league and have posted 30 lines each week since our last match. i didn't cheat. i didn't write 20 after i saw you post. i wrote 30 before you posted. i also made it apparent that i wrote 30 BEFORE you posted. you failed to acknowledge/realize this. you decided to instead go 14. tough. and me hiding my post is IRRELEVANT. you keep playing that angle when i've already moved my verse below yours. it doesn't matter who posts first. just pretend as if it was never there, because it would be the same outcome.

truth is, i posted, then made it so only moderation could see it so that i could edit at school. i kept it hidden so that you wouldn't feed and had plans to "post" it once you had posted. then i see you posted 14, even sent messages after i saw that shit because i wanted to be fair. but you also failed to acknowledge those.

oh well.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.