[RANKS] Official Rankings of Round One

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J o o k

J o o k Guest

So what do you suggest as a moderator Lucifa? What would be perfect for you as a competitor and be justified as a mod? Show dates and times. I am interested.

I am on the fence line. So if you have something that serves the leagues interest in mind let it be known.
    test
  2. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

lol @ putting me on the spot .. bastid ..

nah .. I dunno .. my best scenario would be verses due by Sunday 12 noon .. voting ending on Tuesday with the next round going up Tuesday .. so one of us def needs to be here and on the ball ready to get that shit done .. then rnd 2 can be a deadline of Friday .. voting ends Sunday .. rnd 3 goes to normal of a Monday ..

and rnd 3 will be (I think) the week that Season 3 starts up .. so all will be back in sync ..

like I say though .. kinda lose-lose as someone will moan about any set up (probably) .. lol ..
    test
  3. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Have these due Saturday, put topics up on Sunday, voting ends on Monday and matches go up Monday night right after they close, then it should all be back on schedule.
    test
  4. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Hmm Sunday noon EST?

I like it. Lets let it sit for a minute and see what the league thinks.

BTW, that was a nice schedule you came up with on the spot.

Pz.
    test
  5. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Mis-read. I misread.

Lol. Duh.
    test
  6. Eye-Rime

Eye-Rime the intellectual.

the topics have been up since last night and everyone has been aware of this since way before today, even matchups were posted last night but just not the actual matches

i think the more we push it back, the more it will throw everything off, because i plan to start some sort of regular comp whether it be dubbed preseason or the actual season sometime during round 2 or 3, so as to keep activity in the forum going and voters present

that's just my thoughts
    test
  7. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

or there is this way .. I just wanted to give a few more hours for verses to get in (people to be notified properly) with my version .. but this works too if we get almost all competitors signing in to their battles sooner rather than later ..
    test
  8. Eye-Rime

i agree with TR's schedule, but the thing is most people will probably ask for extensions until saturday anyway which is why i left it friday, and everything else is a given being that topics will be put up after the last day to post verses which would be the 24 hours time alotted for automatic extensions

if we make the deadline saturday, then people will ask for extensions until sunday, and then voting will be terrible by the time matches are closed
    test
  9. Eye-Rime

as for lucy,

we should enact some sort of sign in deadline so if they do not sign in by a certain date or time, then the spot is given to the next in line

because 3p has already shown signs of interest, as others that didnt make the top 16 cut

the only problem is that its kind of late in the week for such an announcement, but it can still be done
    test
  10. MetaSin

MetaSin I Don't Believe In You...

if u make the due date saturday, stipulate that there are no extensions.
    test
  11. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

yeah .. that works super duper dopely .. as long as 3-P and SC are prepared to be put on hold and not have as much notice as competitors qualified .. then I see no reason why they can't be subbed in on Thursday night if need be ..

everyone knew the play-offs were here .. everyone in the top 16 ranks posted in playoffs threads .. so there are no real excuses about "not knowing they were ready" etc. ..
    test
  12. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Solved.
    test
  13. 3-Planes

3-Planes Cruel... and unusual

i can write a piece to one of the topics, PM it to one of you (who can throw it up if someone no-shows or whatever)

i seem to have a creative rush right now, so it doesn't even matter if it doesn't make the cut
    test
  14. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Q + Jook .. check your PMs ..
    test
  15. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

wooh...this should be interesting.
    test
  16. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

lol .. it's not what you're thinking anyway .. I've said my piece on that on aim and in the other sticky ..

just about the deadline thing .. but I'm an impatient bastid and decided to go ahead and send the mass PM's to those not signed in to their battles yet .. just asks everyone to sign in by Thursday night or a substitute (already chosen, sorry Eugene) will be asked to provide a verse in their place .. verse will be PM'd to a mod to post for them .. the mod will post the verse at deadline (lock down) time if the person doesn't show (as suspected by no check in) ..

I know you're feeling out the loop and missing your RSTL IV Drip .. so I'll let you in on that one ..
    test
  17. Got Life?

don't worry bout me
    test
  18. J o o k

J o o k Guest

I would just like to voice I am 100% against the sign in deadline.

We have NEVER had a sign in deadline.

Just saying I am the only mod against it.
    test
  19. Got Life?

there's a sign in deadline? that's pretty fuckin gay lol
    test
  20. J o o k

J o o k Guest

If some of my boys don't make it in time I'll be extremely dissatisfied.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.