[RANKS] Finals Ranks and Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Yeah..I was helping with the mag for a few weeks...did it because no one else had time, shad was busy and I figured I'd help it out. I would not say disappeared, rather just had Ink take over the next week. He did a fine job. I never went anywhere, just signed out and still hung around in other forums.

I ain't looking to be mod, just want the league to start...if it takes getting a new mod to do so then I'd step up. I'll just let shad do his thing. He had a few implied starts so far....

where is shad, ...he disappeared.

Anyhow, let's see how this turns out.

edit

thanks for giving us a good run kat
    test
  2. the omega man

the omega man so, it goes

lets start it...Omega's back...with a new job...with fewer hours....lots of free time...lets do it...
    test
  3. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

nO gOoD! Vs Witty for my first round.

fuck..
    test
  4. Racecar

Racecar Reggie Steered You, Sir

Hey, just an idea, but any chance we could get some sort of non-competitive cypher thread going for grinding the writerly gears when not in a match/no matches/struggling to start a specific topic...

Maybe 2 unrelated themed cyphers as to be interpretted by whoever is posting next. Some will pick up the narrative reins, some will wend poetic, but even if it's nothing worthy of Ploughshares, it is still a productive exercise, and potentially something to garner interest/traffic to RSTL for being actually active.

Just a thought. Whether they're ended weekly, monthly, or when mods decide they've reached their prime, it'd probably increase traffic to the lounge also as updates will be frequent.
    test
  5. patrown

patrown student for life

if an open storyline's direction was chosen by each person that dropped, it could get interesting. there was a good thread in the cypher area that got closed too fast imo.
    maybe if we just called next, so two people didn't try and drop from the same point in time... it could work well even right here. piss off shadow probably but w.e.

feel bad for fucking up last season. if the rstl doesn't start up again im going to be really sad.

welcome back omega!
    test
  6. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

you fucked up last season?
    test
  7. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Let's Grudge it up Ink.

Have the thread created on Monday, then we'll drop Friday, sound good? Granted the Mods still exist.

(commences salivating)

You know... to start the digestive process since I'm about to eat your food, then you'll see my guts ;).
    test
  8. Coup d'état

This thread is now a cypher thread.
    test
  9. Coup d'état

Ink about dried up, pen and thread ?
    Cigma gunna go solo again and again
    Bent can't save you, Nom is no good
    Prayin' won't help, Cigma is too hood.
    test
  10. Coup d'état

test
  11. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

honestly, RSTL was fun while it lasted... but if it were to start up again, I don't see myself returning..
    test
  12. Coup d'état

why not? It won't be the same league for sure...but the show must go on as they say...

it probably won't get started again...it would take an act of congress
    test
  13. Kuja

Kuja Jack Skellington

Dont think I would return either, happy at Aob
    test
  14. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Oh maaan...
    test
  15. Coup d'état

well, if it starts back up under my lead (which I highly doubt) it will be here for anyone and everyone.

Good luck in the new leagues. I did 3 weeks at aob, awesome league right there.
    test
  16. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

RSTL was great while it was running.. but to grow as a writer i need to go where the talent is.. and i see more talent and more varying styles in other leagues right now
    test
  17. Coup d'état

^that is all biased off your feelings

Writing against "high talent or low", you still show up with your skill set. Same "skill" in aob as here or anywhere. And besides, this league is not even up and to know already who is going to sign in, to know already the talent before it all begins is quite ridiculous.

People don't get better. You are either gifted with the ability to write and develop it by writing consistently or you are the other 99% who are not that good, whom think writing against others that they perceive as high skill will make one better.

catch the drift, no ?
    test
  18. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

I disagree. Writing against high talent helps you elevate your game. It's like that in anything. The stiffer the competition around you, the more it help you improve.
    I'm not trying to predict the future level of talent in the RSTL. I'm just basing it off the previous season. If it turns out there's more talent here if RSTL starts back up, then I might come back..

Some people are gifted, I agree. But I'm not gifted. Neither are you. Nor anyone else here. We all fall in the category of the ungifted who work at their craft to improve and elevate. For example.. Would you say that Patrown didn't improve? Or are you going to say that he was gifted from the start, he just developed his writing. If that's your argument, then mine is that his "development" IS improvement.
    test
  19. Coup d'état

test
  20. Coup d'état

nah, who am I kidding. I'm garbage bin material
    test