[Rank] RSTL Tournament - Round 2 Matchups & Lounge

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Shadow, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

i know we cant keep him out forever, unfortunately. he just annoys me because he's always gotta chime in on everything with his opinion like it matters.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

welp i'm off to get some grub...i'll drop a verse when i get back
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Pm'ed you back T.a.C.

Sorry for the shit storm.

I've been writing on the net for like 5 years now and I personally wouldn't give a shit if someone ghosted against me. I don't write to "beat" a person, it's just that through competition, comparisons, observations, and critiques are most poignant.

All you cats writing to beat that one particular person you're facing that week are doing it for the wrong reasons...
    test
  4. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

Personally, I've been writing on the net for a long time. The problem I see with ghosting, as far as the argument about opponents etc., is that it makes the writer who didn't ghosted feel a bit dumb. Why would I take my time to write a verse against someone who is simply going to get a verse written by another person. It is useless. If you're going to sign up to participate, then fucking participate. Otherwise, just leave. It seems stupid to waste everyone's time and verses so they can face some other cat who isn't you so you can gain net-fame.

Additionally, T.a.C, your analogy isn't really a good one. Would you want revenge on the person who killed your friend or would you, if the murderer admitted it, let him walk away? The analogy assumes that no one wants some sort of punishment for what happens. It seem that some do, and especially because it has been figured out within a week or so of the battle.

Anyway, I look forward to this week. Looks like Nom is a tough character.
    test
  5. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

It blows my mind that the only motivation some people have to write is competing against another guy in an internet rap league.

Seriously guys, lighten the fuck up.

Who cares...
    test
  6. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

Its not the motivation, I'm sure. However, doesn't it seem a little stupid to sign in and face someone when you aren't the one writing the verses. It seems to me that we should be able to write and compete without wondering if someone it ghosting, but thats unrealistic. What should happen, though, is some sort of punishment. Especially if used in a tournament or championship. Otherwise, I don't really care. But when there is something, albiet little somethings, on the line-- well, I feel we should have some fairness.
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

like i've been saying..Ghosting is pointless but if ur going to do it...keep it to urself...don't put the league into chaos over this
    test
  8. Souled In

Souled In New Member

T.A.C. I don't mind staying out till things calm down since I contributed to a disturbance in the league, even if you DO make a rule, but it's still simple:

Make a rule that says "No ghosting." And if there is no proof then f* it! It's unreasonable to ask for evidence to materialize out of no where. Obviously. Accusing people of biting when they have no evidence is just as disruptive.

It is also unreasonable to judge people that have done it in the past BEFORE a rule was set in place.

As far as your statement about I dont matter. From the perspective of a dictatorship, yes of course, but obviously any leader that wants respect has to actually care about people. You are irritated so you are saying I dont matter and are exhibiting lack of control and leadership, BUT HEY, I didn't really expect anything different. Most managers, leaders, etc... are the same way. Shadow just happens to be a freak of nature and is naturally kind. It just doesn't happen very often.

But to recap: disrupting the league is a bad thing. I know I am guilty of that. Judging others for biting when there isn't a rule is a disruption as well. However, ghosting in general is a disruption, as is demonstrated, and a simple rule could alleviate the disruption. Of course, it might only slightly alleviate the amount of ghosting, but it would still cut down on disruption.

At this point it's all out in the open so no one can save face that acted up like an idiot, which is most of us. Don't worry about me trying to do a power play to make u look stupid and boost myself up. That would be hypocritical. I caused just as much of a disturbance as ghosting could have, and I didnt even TRY TO do it through PM first. I didn't want to do the work I just wanted to put it all on yall, the MODs, and get the solution. Guilty as charged.

However, just add the rule you lazy stubborn pidgeon headed and toed fat chinchilla.
    [turn]
    test
  9. Tacky Jones

damn Souled, i figured you'd at least stay out a few weeks, lmao
    test
  10. Souled In

Souled In New Member

no worries, i just figured we made enough head way this week that i could go ahead and post, didnt want to miss the tourney ya know? ;)
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

:)

We had A Lot of good verses this week....impressive....just one more to vote on!!
    test
  12. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

lol @ pent no-showing after his hissy fit.
    test
  13. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  14. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

ima post votes straight after work which will be in 5hrs.. so hopefuly you can keep threads open for me..
    pz
    test
  15. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

a lot of hissy fits on here.
    test
  16. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

Nom, man. Why the hell didn't you vote? haha. I hate winning like that.
    test
  17. billy nomates.

billy nomates. rain cancels play.

The woman came home and I don't get to see her very often unfortunately. So I haven't been able to get online since I posted my verse. My bad.
    test
  18. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I need t.a.c to vote to break up the ties not sure wut else to do in this tournament situation
    test
  19. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

it's already Monday evening here .. us UK heads get less time as it is (Monday afternoon/evening usually when threads go up and Friday deadline is like 5am Saturday) .. prob worse for Nu' .. not knowing if we even have to write a verse til maybe Tuesday is sucky as fucky ..
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  20. Tacky Jones

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.