Random safety tip

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Short2003, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

So I went to the bank tonight around 11 pm.... I went inside to deposit money and when I went to leave all of a sudden there was 2 crackhead looking dudes standing outside.. This is a real scummy part of town, right? So I dug in my purse for almost a minute hoping they would go away but they didnt, so I was like fuck, what to do now???? So I picked up my cell phone and pretended I was talking to someone thinking if they WERE going to do something to me they probably wouldn't if they thought I had someone on the phone... I could be wrong but I just thought it was a good idea at the time and I wanted to share with the ladies.. Maybe it might help you out one day : )
    test
  2. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I hate when that happens. Just hate it. But that is a good idea. I always wondered if I picked someone up hitch hiking (if it was cold/raining etc etc and I felt bad....I've never done it yet, but I've thought about it. I just feel bad they have to walk...) what I'd do to let them know not to mess with me lmao. But I always think of having my cell phone and pretending to talk on it while they are in the car and say "Yes I just picked someone up on "hwy/road #" so I will call you in a few mins". Prolly a STUPID idea. Thus why I've never picked any up LMAO. But I do think it :screwy:

Ya know what I also do? I hold my keys in my hand, and put one of the keys between my knuckles. Not sure what it'd do. But I figure it's gonna at least hurt someone lol.
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

i never go to the bank after they close at 6...
    test
  4. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I'd love to go into the bank to a teller. But my husband get's off work late and his pay cheque needs to get into the bank...so I have no choice but to go to the machine :/
    test
  5. b'

b' New Member

quit acting like the bank is open once a year. get your husband's check, wait till tomorrow and deposit it with the rest of the normal folk. most checks have a minimum of 90-days before it becomes void. so waiting one day so you'll be accompanied by daylight won't hurt.
    test
  6. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Of course it won't hurt, but when he's paid on a Friday, and banks aren't open on a Saturday and I need to get grocery's or pay some bills for my family.....Yeah then it needs to be done RIGHT THEN on that nite ;o)
    test
  7. In-Awe.

In-Awe. .. Speak On It..

Direct Deposit?.....

I Just Pull My Knife Out And Pray..

Gone
    test
  8. quruxley

quruxley SHHHHHET MAN!

Yeah...I try not to go to atms at night. I was watching this thing on Oprah once (i love her lol) about women gettin stalked & then mugged at the machines...yeah not good. I vaguely remember some of the tips like... go to well lit areas, have your keys ready at hand, dont count your money right away, make sure no one follows you afterwrads..uhm..stuff like that
    test
  9. Nam Dekan

do it saturday morning..i think even if you do it late friday, it will still wont post Monday..i think if its after 2 on friday it wont post till monday morning..thats the way my bank works

or even sunday morning or afternoon...
    test
  10. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

The only reason I went that late @ night was b/c a bill was coming out and I NEEDED to get the money in there, I didnt wanna pay a $25 NSF FEE
    test
  11. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Our money goes right into our bank account the minute we deposit it. We don't have to wait till Monday to do it. The ONLY time I go at nite, is if we NEED the money friday nite for like short said, a Bill or if groceries need to get done. I can't wait on stuff like that with two small kids. Gotta take care of the fam. If it needs to be done ASAP. Then I will go at nite, but the bank is on the main street and I park right in front of it. No body is going to rob me.....it's just the "what if's" and it's a bit creepy.

Sometimes ya just can't wait till Saturday morning ;o)
    test
  12. Nam Dekan

you got one of those banks in the supermarket?

i used to have one of those...open 7 days a week..it was pretty sweet..the stuff there posted if they got it before 2pm

but now i got a traditonal bank or some shit..that is only open for like 2 hours on saturdays..and anything after 2pm on friday doesnt post till monday morning
    test
  13. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

No, my bank is down town no where here the supermarket lol and it's not open saturday's either. But I can put any amount into the machine any day or time of the week and have it available right after. No waiting period. But at our old bank they'd hold it for 5 days to make sure it cleared if it was over 500$ which was a PAIN in the ass. We always had to use teller. Which wasn't always possible.

I don't think we could handle them holding the money friday until monday lol. Fridays are normally hectic around here on pay day ;o)
    test
  14. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

wait, what year is this? Is this 1980? There has to be more than one branch. If you puttin the shit in a machine, go to the machine in the rich part of town. Why go to the branch on Jackahoe Avenue?

And NEVER pick up a hitchhiker unless it's yo mamma! NEVER EVER EVER EVER, or they'll never find your body in time.

The phone idea works especially well if you know that crackhead standing near your car is gon' ask yo ass for some crack money. I've used that before too.

"Mista Mista, can I get a quarter...so I can get someting to eat?"

"Hell no, muddafucka, what can a quarter get you? NOTHING, muddafucka...."
    test
  15. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

It is in deed the year 2005, however I live in a town of 17,000 with only ONE BRANCH for my bank :wink: soooooo that means that ONLY that one bank machine is avilable haha. Yeah sucks I know. But then again I'm not that scared since it is a smaller town. We just have a lot of "crazy" ppl around here. So I always watch my back no matter what.

And yeah, I'd never pick up a hitch hiker, I just think if I DID. That's something I'd do. I don't think I'd trust ANYONE. I feel bad seeing them walking in the rain or -20C weather, but I still can't bring enough courage to pick their ass up :/
    test
  16. maybe he was a quarter short
    test
  17. Nam Dekan

you can get a mini bag of chips for a quarter
    test
  18. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

test
  19. Nam Dekan

most grocery stores and gas stations...

they got the prices right on the bag..u know those mini bags of lays, cheetohs, and fritos and shit...

not the big grab that is 99 cents but the smallest bag you can get...and smaller then the bags at subway...
    test
  20. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

Pepper spray in the bra.

[dunno]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.