Random questions for everybody...feel free to add on...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by R-Tistic, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

1. What's your main setup for equipment?

2. If you could spend 5,000 on anything for a studio, what would you get?

3. Are you in college, or do you plan to go to college?

4. At your school, or in your neighborhood, do most people know that you produce, or do you stay low key?

5. Do you try to cater your music to any particular crowd, do you make music that sounds similar to whatever you like, or do you just make whatever comes out and depends on your mood?

6. Name 3 producers you feel are underrated and 3 you feel are overrated.

7. What's most important to you right now....selling your tracks to whoever has the money so you can get paid, or trying to get your tracks to artists who may be well known in your city/state/region or even nationwide?

8. What are your strengths and weaknesses as far as production is concerned?
    test
  2. -[InfaMouz]-

-[InfaMouz]- || M.Maestro ||

Boom.
    test
  3. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

Acid 5.0
    Reason 3.0
    Midi Controller
    10 Dollar Headphones.........no joke.

Roland Fantom X8 - 3,000
    Laptop - 2,000

whats college.

4. At your school, or in your neighborhood, do most people know that you produce, or do you stay low key?

i was pulled out of school in 5th grade. so no.
    but around my way people know i do beats, people knock on my door late as hell like
    yo i got this melody in my head can u do this
    DN DN..dndndndnd like a piano
    im like what the fuck?
    do u realize its................how much u got?

5. Do you try to cater your music to any particular crowd, do you make music that sounds similar to whatever you like, or do you just make whatever comes out and depends on your mood?

all of the above.
    i jus vibe i put up some drums randomly
    do a melody to it, for a base, an figure out how im gonna build on it with instruments, an switch the drums if need be.
    what ever comes out comes out.

i could never say so n so is getting too much credit for thier work, thats jealousy
    i mean to each his own
    but to me Dj Premier is a beast, always has been,
    an i still dont think thats enough credit

you dont see clark kent and ski what ever his name was
    gettin too much credit, they did alotta joints on jiggas reasonable doubt which had some of the best beats period.

7. What's most important to you right now....selling your tracks to whoever has the money so you can get paid, or trying to get your tracks to artists who may be well known in your city/state/region or even nationwide?

the well known
    i make sure im eatin ill hand a beat to a dude wit more money than talent
    but after i got enough to put food on the table an clothes on my back
    id hand out somethin...shit even a freebie to some body with a potential buzz or a semifamous cat

uhm.
    strength is that im doin all my shit with only 2 programs an 0 hardware
    weakness is that im doin all my shit with only 2 programs an 0 hardware

i feel like, i gotta be atleast decent, if theyres cats with 10s of thousands of dollars worth of equipment on that say im puttin out somethin atleast good

an at the same time i feel like id be doin alot of different shit if i was in one of them 10 thousand dollar studios.

i mean im fine wit the shit i got but im always lookin for somethin to expand with.
    test
  4. Sikknezz01

Sikknezz01 ^would fuck IceLaFox raw

eat my shorts
    test
  5. Nucklz

Nucklz Loud Enuff Productions

MV-8000
    Turntable

just pick up a triton extreme and whatevers left, pick up a shitload more records...

plan to

errybody who knows me knows i do beats..

I just do what i feel comfortable doing im not going to try to cater to any1, although somethings i listen to do have an impact on what i create because iunno it just gives me more ideas yah kno..

UNDERRATED
    Alchemist
    Fredwreck
    Pete Rock

OVERRATED
    Timbaland
    Neptunes
    cant think of no1 else

The second one

Strengths- I think of ways to chop a sample that most people wouldnt, im fairly versatile if absolutely needed, im fairly good at making a track with replay value...

Weaknesses- not as good on the keys as id like to be, generally dont cater to other people other than eastcoast rappers(mainly), and iunno cant really think of too many strengths or weaknesses right now
    test
  6. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

test
  7. KhanDST

KhanDST New Member

setup...Motif 6, XV5050, Fl Studio, Cubase, MBox, AT3060, KRK R³³ monitors, soon to add fantom xr

if i could spend 5 g's...ASP8 monitors, fantom x8, digi002rack, pc with 3.0 ghz (n a bootlegged copy of FL)

UMASS BABY!!!

Ppl heard of me, but i stay low key, i let shit go by word of mouth of ppl i work with...

I make music to what I like...but i let the melody i put down determine my beat

3 under rated...Havoc, P. Killer who did alot of ruff ryder shit i dunno if he still there...and Mel-Man who had his hands on dre's 2001

Most over rated...NEPTUNES....Mr. Collipark...and eventhough i love the shit outta lil jon beats he's on the list just cuz he uses the same sound all the time...n ima extend my list n put kanye on there for using the same damn snare n kick n sampling everything haha cuz many ppl who sample can compose too n id like to see him compose a bit more so he's on the list as a challenge to his composing skills haha

i think right now the most important thing for me is just getting my name out, forget the money n the big artists, thatll come as soon as i get my name out

my weakness is sampling...i try but it dont interest me too much
    and in my eyes i dont have strengths yet, im nowhere close to where id like to b so i wont bullshit that
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Reason 3 & Acid 5 w/ Mpd16, Radium 49, BCF 2000
    A vocal booth
    I graduated a year ago
    people know i produce but i aint runnin around like hey look at me i produce but if someone asks or if its the topic of discussion i wont shy away from it
    5. Do you try to cater your music to any particular crowd, do you make music that sounds similar to whatever you like, or do you just make whatever comes out and depends on your mood? whatever my mood is like right now im really sample heavy a few months ago it was composed r&b beats a year ago it was synth beats my mood changes and my sound does every few months

Underrated
    Mannie Fresh
    Swizz beats
    Puffy
    Overrated
    Kanye
    Pete Rock (i know ima piss some people off wit that i just never got into him like that)
    cant think of a 3rd
    i dont give a fuck i just wanna make music fame isnt a big thing to me
    8. What are your strengths and weaknesses as far as production is concerned? mixing is probably my biggest weakness i refuse to take good time to do it lol my strength is probabaly sample selection tho i think i choose really good samples
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.