Rakim,Big Daddy Kane,And Kool G Rap........

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Detroit_AllDay, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

MF Doom may writes better than Bizarre but Bizarre don't ruin dope ass beats like Rock Star or I Need A Friend like MF Doom ruined that whole Madvillainy shit.

I told you about Kanye....Kanye don't ruin his dope ass beats while Common ruined that Faithful shit. Why? Because of his good delivery.

The same for Eminem on that Hip Hop wack beat or Big L over his whole Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous shits...Their deliveries made their verses "listenable".

Basically...A dope beat can be ruined by a rapper with wack delivery (MF Doom, El-P, Aesop Rock, Common Sense...Vakill if I trust you)
    A wack beat can give a hot song with a rapper with dope delivery (Eminem, Necro, Big L, Twista) .

And yeah 50 Cent got a classic because he didn't ruin dope ass beats (GRODT)....THANKS TO HIS DOPE DELIVERY
    test
  2. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

^MF Doom has a wack delivery??

stfu.
    test
  3. Butch Coolidge

Listen to 40 Oz by D12....Eminem makes rhyme one syllabele per bar...
    BUT THAT VERSE IS HOT.
    Why? Cuz he spits it incredibly
    test
  4. Butch Coolidge

Monotonous as fuck.
    THIS GUY SUCKS.
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I disagree... then why do so many believe that BE is a classic if he fucked it up so bad?

and I think the Hip Hop beat is dope as fuck... Hi-Tek is ill

Nah, and I dsiagree about the 50 Cent thing... 50 Cent sounds good on most good beats but if you put 'em on a REAL wack beat, he'd sound trash on that too

and no way is GRODT a classic... it's a good listen but that's about it... not a classic...
    test
  6. Butch Coolidge

Many people thought Madvillainy was classic last year, right? Hahaha

Not that bad...But still very average.

Ski Mask Way
    Baltimore Love Thing
    So Amazing
    How To Rob's beat wasnt that dope

Dopest album from 2003, no wack tracks, just ill bangers, ill guests...Damn.

Like I said

Listen to 40 Oz by D12....Eminem makes rhyme one syllable per bar...
    BUT THAT VERSE IS HOT.
    Why? Cuz he spits it incredibly

A MC that READ (like a pupil) dope lines won't be a better rapper than Nelly....Sorry dude.
    test
  7. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

^dopest album of 2003??

you do know that other rappers who aren't named 50 Cent dropped albums too..GRODT ain't even cracking my top 10 in 2003.
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I can't even remember those beats off the top of my head except How to Rob and I thought HOw to Rob was a hot beat... his flow was garbage back then anyway... he's even said he got it down more recently

and it mighta been the hottest album of 2003 but it's not a classic............ I don't remember what else came out in 2003...

and no, Em didn't just rhyme 1 syllable... he's doin' the complex rhyme scheme shit with with a lotta inner bar patterns that I don't wanna get into cuz I understand it but it's a headache to explain like I said in the other thread... and plus, he had a ill line in it... "we come wit toastas like we just opened savings 'n loans"... haha

that was ill... but anyway, yeah... once again, gotta disagree

BE was ill as fuck
    test
  9. Butch Coolidge

You got Nas on your picture right?
    Hahaha

And I dn't think Em's verse on 40 Oz was that complex.
    And a hot punchline don't make your verse "musically" in harmony with the beat.
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

it wasn't complex as far as content and it wasn't as simple as you made it out to be either though

he had a lotta inner rhyme patterns and a lotta single syllable rhymes per bar which is equivalent, if you can stay on topic, to rhymin' connected multis
    test
  11. Butch Coolidge

...Not THAT complex like I said before.

And his delivery was really crazy...That's why his verse was dope.
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

no, once again, I don't even think that verse PERIOD was THAT dope... it was ehhhh regardless

I'm jus' sayin' it's not one syllable per bar cuz he was usin' the complex rhyme scheme (switchin' up in between bars and patterns) and he had that one line...

that's what made it a "not bad" verse but that verse wasn't THAT DOPE...

Em didn't even master his delivery in the Slim Shady LP days and his shit back then shits on his shit today with his "perfected delivery" which is probably top 3 in the game
    test
  13. Butch Coolidge

Eminem since MMLP is way iller than Eminem of SSLP.

Versatile as fuck, perfect delivery, still dope lyricly...Damn.

You won't admit somebody who read his rhymes like a pupil can't fuck with someone who rhymes less complex and spits them in perfect harmony with the beat.
    You won't admit than Kanye is more listenable than COmmon Sense, Aesop Rock and MF Doom combined.
    You won't admit Eminem's the GOAT because he got the best flow of da game AND he can with his perfect delivery ride any type of beat.

Rap is a music...A rapper is related to music (the beat) thanx to his delivery...Not directly because of his rhymes.

That's all....
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

no way, Em on Slim Shady LP is him at his best... he was still ILL AS FUCK on MMLP AND 8 Mile Soundtrack and even Eminem Show but SSLP was him shinin' at his prime

wrong... I enjoy listenin' to BE more than College Dropout though I love College Dropout to death...

and I say Em's the GOAT when he's really spittin' but him when he was really spittin' didn't have the delivery he has today... his delivery is at its peak right now and it wasn't even THIS GOOD durin' MMLP or Eminem Show days and DEFINITELY not at this peak on the SSLP days which was when he was the best

and yes, rhymes/lyrics are VERY VERY important... that's his gift as a writer.... cuz what's his gift then? just flowin' on a beat? you can have a kid practice flowin' for a few years and master a flow... if a kid can't write, he can try learnin' his whole life and not get NICE NICE at it... that's a gift... that's why lefties are often better writers/drawers than righties because they utilize their left side of their brains which is the writing/ideas/creativity side of your brain

writing is a gift more than the flow/delivery... delivery is equally important to the rhymes but they go hand in hand... AN MC can't be elite with just one... you need both... Em, at the moment, only has his delivery........ the way he's rappin' now, if he was spittin' like this his whole career, wouldn't even be mentioned with the GOAT
    test
  15. Butch Coolidge

Hahaaha.

The fact is Eminem with his delivery can't ruin a beat like Common with his "rhymes".

I told u: Rhyme is like 30% of MCiing. Delivery is the rest.

Rappers should focus on delivery.

PS: Eminem still writes better than 95-100% of the rap Game
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

NO, Eminem DEFINITELY does not write better than 95-100% of the rap game NOW... he wrote better than ALL MC's PERIOD in his prime but not now... and yes, Eminem can still ruin a song with his wack ass rhymes regardless of his flow...

check some shit like Rainman on Encore... I liked his flow and the beat was ill as fuck but I couldn't stand the song cuz what he was sayin' was utterly nonsense.... it's 50/50... sorry, it's just the fact of the matter
    test
  17. Butch Coolidge

Name 10 rappers that rhyme like he rhymed on We Ain't, Yellow Brick Road or My 1st Single.
    Haha

Rain Man's concept is based on nonsense...And the beat wasn't that good.
    And on Encore, he stays on topic (some egotrip shit)
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'll give you We Ain't and Yellow Brick Road but My First Single was wack......

but Crooked I, Copywrite, Juice, Hov, Kweli, Apathy, Saigon, JR, Budden WHEN he's spittin' at the top of his game, and Pharoahe Monch for starters...

no, and Em don't stay on topic on Encore... what're you talkin' about? did you listen to the tracks? he sounded like he was freestylin' shit cuz he was just jumpin' from topic to topic.... and Rain Man's concept is nonsense... who's fault is that? HIS....

that's like sayin', a NBA player is in a game and he starts takin' shots from halfcourt... it's nonsense and he might be the best player in the league but if he does that, he's gonna get benched/dogged/disciplined.... just like Em, he could be the best rapper out but if he's droppin' nonsense, he's droppin' nonsense

edited:
    Lemme say I'm not sure about Apathy cuz I've only heard like 4-5 tracks but the tracks he was spittin', he was spittin' crazy
    test
  19. Butch Coolidge

He uses crazy rhyme schemes.
    He ripped it on My 1st SIngle.

Add Ricky Ticky Toc, Like Toy Soldiers, Spend SOme Time, Never Enough to my list.

Hahaha he shits on the list you quoted.

Like Toy Soldiers
    Mosh
    Spend Some Time
    Mockingbird
    Crazy In Love
    One Shot 2 Shot
    Evil Deeds
    Never Enough
    Ass Like That
    Encore
    Big Weenie

HE DO STAYS ON TOPICS dude.

Actually, just Rain Man and Just Lose It are arguable.
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

fuck rhyme schemes... content is just as important as lyricism

Hahaha he shits on the list you quoted.

no, he didn't even spit THAT nice on Spend Some Time, Never Enough or Like Toy Soldiers... he spit nice on Ricky Ticky Tock but what made Like Toy Soldiers great was content... all the guys I named can and have made iller songs than all those you named... c'mon man... now I'm startin' to think you jockin' Em

and most of those songs were wack with the except of Spend Some Time (which he shoulda got ridda the guest appearances cuz i loved the sample and his verse), Like Toy Soldiers, and Encore (which was "solid")... One Shot 2 Shot had a hot verse from him but i didn't care for the rest of D12

and once again, the guys I named shit on the entire Encore album......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.