Rakim,Big Daddy Kane,And Kool G Rap........

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Detroit_AllDay, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detroit_AllDay

Detroit_AllDay New Member

shit on ya favorite rapper right now face that shit and live with it..........they verses from fuckin 10 years ago are better than mosts of the weak shit out today......................
    test
  2. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

They are better than a lot of what we hear today, but they certainly don't shit on my favorite emcees: Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch, Common and Talib Kweli.
    test
  3. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

Except Pharoahe, they do shit all over ya favorite rappers dude.

Only few rappers are better than them:
    Eminem
    Big Pun
    Big L
    Jay-Z and Pharoahe (maybe)
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Those are three of the most underrated rappers of all-time but they don't shit on any of the rappers the last two du's named
    test
  5. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

I wouldn't say they shit on em either but they're all definitely in the same league.
    test
  6. White Nightmare

White Nightmare fuckin white nightmare.

what a fuckin disgrace, especially for puttin white boy on your list. go away.
    test
  7. White Nightmare

White Nightmare fuckin white nightmare.

Rakim shits on all of them, are all of you on crack?
    test
  8. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

I love Rakim and I'm probably one of the few people on this site that heard him rap in 1986 but some of the other people mentioned are great in their own right.
    test
  9. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

rakim is nasty...
    test
  10. Detroit_AllDay

Detroit_AllDay New Member

i really have alotta respect for them and i cant say that bout alotta mcs from then or now...........but if i ever met any of them i would be more star struck than if i met a Nelly or sumin...........i mean of course i respect Jay,Em,Big L the same way but Big L's dead........and Rakim and them was ahead a they time and i see alotta people bad mouthin them and that's not cool cause they a say somebody i kno that aint in they fuckin league is better than them............Jay-Z is cocky if Rakim drops 2 more albums before he finally puts up the mic dude is THE BESTS RAPPER ALIVE.........and even jay-z would say it...........i'm surprised no one said Nas regardless of being trash occasionally he got three classic albums...............illmatic was ahead a his time......stillmatic and godson was nice too.......but i still think them three shit on everybody out right now
    test
  11. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Kool G Rap is probably the MOST under looked rapper of all time..Ra and Kane are clear legends.
    test
  12. Butch Coolidge

Mos Def and Common's flow can't fuck with Ra', Kane' or G Rap's...
    Def and Sense are average rappers....OPEN YOUR EYES FOOL
    Rakim on Be's beats would have make a classic for sure, Common ruined them.

About Kweli, he's dope for sure (since he's not off beat anymore.....Since he dropped Quality)...But I don't think he can compete in these 3 legend's league.

And White Nightmare, you're a fuckin joke boy. Eminem is better than Rakim, Kane and G Rap's...His flow is just....Perfect.
    test
  13. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Rakim shits on every hiphop artist.
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

The only thing I agree with you here is the Em thing and it has to do with lyrics, more than even his flow

but you're dumb for sayin' Mos and Common are "AVERAGE" and can't fuck with Ra, Kane, and G Rap... that's the ignorance...

and Kweli can compete with thum easily..... go listen to an old Rakim record.... his style was still simplistic compared to cats today... he was light years ahead of his time, he's a pioneer, and a legend but his shit back then can't fuck with the TECHNICAL rhymes of today... but yes, he has stayed up and bettered himself (as you can see on The Watcher 2) but he's still not fuckin' wit Com, Mos, and Kweli, Em, and Pharoahe and more.... I'm not sayin' they're light years ahead of Ra but they are better
    test
  15. Rakey911

Rakey911 New Member

On this forum, old school rappers are overated. They may have pioneered hip-hop, but as emcees, they aren't as good as people make out
    test
  16. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

On this forum not many people were around long enough to appreciate old school artist. You all may be fans but, I definitely think the older you are, and the longer you've been around, the more you're able to appreciate artists old and new.
    test
  17. Butch Coolidge

Listen to The Master, The 18th Letter, The Watcher 2, Let Me Buss 'Em, R.A.K.I.M. or After U Die before droppin bullshit.

Rakim is EASILY still one of the greatest and shits ALL OVER MOS DEF or Common wack asses.
    His flow is so wet, versatile...His delivery is perfect too, he plays with the sound of his own verses...
    Def and Common alway us the same boring flow...Bleh...They are soooooo boring, their deliveries are flat and monotonus...FUCK THAT...

Kweli is dope, fo sho...But I think him beside Kool G Rap or Rakim on a same beat...He'd be outshined hard.

About Eminem: He's better lyricist than Ra, Kool G rap and Big Daddy Kane combined...But here, people think a good lyricist is a MC who sounds "deep"...So I prefer talkin about his perfect flow (the most important criteria in terms of Mciing).

Fuck it.
    test
  18. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

Wow. I agree fully.
    test
  19. Sonz1

Sonz1 Registration Please

YUP!
    test
  20. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

is Rakim still gonna drop a new album or what? i havent heard anything...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.