Raiders fans...al davis is at it again

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by The Jeus, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

the raiders just signed aaron 'the underachiever' brooks to a 2-year deal

somebody please tell me how this could be perceived as a good thing.... he's had one legitmately good season in 6 in the league..... i predict this being kerry collins part 2

i guess al figured cutler, leinart and young would be off the board by#7 so he had to make a move for qb just in case, but even so, aaron brooks? i dunno, i'm skeptical

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-brooks&prov=ap&type=lgns
    test
  2. Nitsuj™

Nitsuj™ We Are The Resistance

Vikings should pick up Charles Woodson
    test
  3. Jersey_Emcee

Jersey_Emcee aka LiQuiDliFe

i honestly think he'll fit grea in Oakland...he didnt do well for the Saints...well he played for the Saints...he has a big time arm...and with Randy Moss and Joey Porter stretching the field...it will be nice...they said the same thing about Kerry Collins last year...but Collins is a non mobile sitting duck...and Brooks can move and he's still young...and has a running game...i think its a great move...now if Oakland only had a defense...they need to draft A.J Hawk with the 7th pick...
    test
  4. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

Aaron Brooks is not that bad at all. i wouldn't mind having him on my team. look at his numbers:

2001 - 3832 yds, 26 TD's, 22 INT
    2002 - 3572 yds, 27 TD's, 15 INT
    2003 - 3546 yds, 24 TD's, 8 INT
    2004 - 3810, yds, 21 TD's, 16 INT
    2005 - 2882 yds, 13 TD's, 17 INT

and he completed over 50% of his passes his whole career.

his numbers are great. and if he wasn't benched last year he would've cracked 3,000 yds for the 5th consecutive time. and since 2001 he's been starting all 16 games. so he is durable. now imagine how much his numbers will be now that he has Randy Moss to throw it to.

relax man. he's a LOT better than Collins. all he needs to do is cut down his INT's.
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

I'll admit that I don't know much more than jack shit about NFL contracts and salary caps- - so this is more of a question than a comment..

Is it possible Brooks agreed to a 2 yr deal because he and the Raiders believe Cutler, Lienart or Young will be a clipboard holder for a year or two and then eventually the franchise guy?

Well I should change that to Cutler or Young... no way Lienart is going to "fall" to Oakland.
    test
  6. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

that's what i'm worried about, this was kerry's problem too. the fact that his int numbers have been consistently high for his whole career and then he got benched last season. it doesn't reflect well on his decision-making ability or his ability to magically cut down his int's
    test
  7. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

^^kerry collins career should be endin, theres no excuse for having randy moss on ur team and not getting him 80 catches, what a fuckin moron.... he doesnt KNOW how to throw the ball, if he did, moss would of been leading reciever like he should have been... collins is a fuckin loser lmao

the fact that randy moss still got 1,000+ yrds with that hoe as his QB is amazing....

if kerry collins took a career ending blow to his leg i would smile in excitement
    test
  8. worDwell

worDwell New Member

^^ lol... go hire that dood who hit up nancy kerrigan
    test
  9. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

their are rumors that the raiders want young and that they are disscussing trading the jets for the 4th pick so they can get young.
    test
  10. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

somewhere in denver al wilson is smiling

2 freebie Ints a yr
    test
  11. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

yea but with the exception of last season, the past couple of season Brett Favre has found a way to win consistantly throwing into double (and sometimes triple) coverage hoping his WR's will find a way to catch it. he's been throwing an enormous amount of picks the last couple of years and still had winning seasons. yet no one questions his decision making.
    test
  12. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

^sure they do, people have been saying favre should retire for 3 or 4 seasons now, he has a reputation as a reckless gunslinger. difference is, favre has probably completed 60% of his passes or better the majority of his career, brooks has never done it once...that says something.
    test
  13. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

favre has been like that his whole career..it's been one of his strengths and weaknesses, but he has had great chemistry with his receivers...last year he didnt have that..all he had was Driver basically and a bunch of new guys..if you watched favre when he first became a starter he was the same way and his decision making was questioned quite a bit..then he started winning, and well when your winning then people will tend not to question what you do...
    test
  14. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

brooks is an improvement but not really that much. he's more mobile but it's not like he didn't have weapons with the saints.
    test
  15. young J

young J that nigga.

Al Davis ain't stupid.

the mobility that Aaron Brooks has will fit perfect with the potent Raider offense ..plus Randy Moss is revitilized.

now we just need to get a good player at that #7 spot, and the Raiders might finally have another winning season again.
    test
  16. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

well he's a mobile QB which is alot better than Collins in the pocket....
    im still kind of skeptical myself cuz Brooks has been very inconsistent through out the years
    but he could be the kind of player that if he could just find the right team
    could end up being a big suprise...
    they probaly should still draft Vince Young if he's there
    but a LB would be the best move for thier 1st round pick....IMO
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.