Racist or not, you decide!!!

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Flow-Joe, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

Photo and story in next post...
    test
  2. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

[​IMG]

This is a photo of a former coworker of mine I saw posted on facebook. The guy is certainly not a racist and has several black friends (I'm one of them). But I couldn't help to be offended by this photo.

To all of you who don't know what blackface is, white performers (and even some black performers) mostly in the turn of the 20th century used to dress up as black people on stage. Not only was it brown skin, but they used to have extremely black skin and put on rosey red lipstick and go on stage and dress and speak in black overly exaggerated black slang and such.

Here's a short article from wikipedia...

Black Face

I know this guy and it wasn't racist intent, but even though he didn't know I still believe it was racist.

What do you guys think, and what is your racial background?
    test
  3. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Was it racist when Eddie Murphy and Chris Rock painted their faces white and emulated white men?

Honestly, who gives a shit? What happened to people's ability to sense humor? Have the liberals brainwashed people to the point that funny shit is no longer funny? Black comedians are constantly mocking white people and stereotyping them. If a white person makes fun of white people in a comedy club black people love it . . . yet they cry like bitches the moment that same white man makes fun of them.

Ice T could laugh when Sammy ripped on Rap Music.
    People are acting real pussy these days and it needs to stop.

[youtube]cEsF_2RYLTQ[/youtube]
    test
  4. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

I'm a black guy *gasp!* and I think it isn't a good idea, even though it isn't racist. It may be offensive as against rastas or jamaicans particularly, depending on how he played it, but not racist. [dunno]

Black face was something different. If he went Bamboozled Mantan with it, then yeah. But, he's just brown with dreads, and a spliff. The costume is dead wrong if he was tryna be rasta, but it's not racist. It's not a good idea because it can be construed as such very easily.
    test
  5. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

See, that's the problem when most white people make fun of black people... THEY'RE NOT FUCKING FUNNY!!!

But I've seen several white comedians make fun of us and have me dying laughing...

And it wasn't racist when Eddie Murphy did it but it is to us IMO because Blackface was a form of oppression against us for so long.
    test
  6. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

You crying about oppression would be like me bitching about the Holocaust. You didn't go through it. Your grandparents did. Shut the fuck up.
    test
  7. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Black face made a mockery of black people. This kid is dressed up as a celebrity who happens to be black.

But what ever. You weren't looking for opinions that didn't support your own, so...
    test
  8. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

No, I did and I do. I go through oppression every fucking day, you don' t know me!
    test
  9. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

What the hell are you talking about. That's why I posted this up in the first place so I can get other people's perspectives to see if I was over-reacting. That's why I asked you guys to post your race when you replied!
    test
  10. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

that is not racism
    test
  11. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

That's because the oppressor is your ego and it's all in your head.
    "Free your mind and the rest will follow."

En Vogue tried to enlighten you, son. Stop thinking in colors.
    test
  12. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

I wish I could, but unfortunately this nation is In Living Color.
    test
  13. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Lead through example. You do it and others will follow.

Here is some inspiration for you.
    Start now, there is no time like the present.

[youtube]WUCePBspIe4[/youtube]
    test
  14. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

The best way to end racism isn't to fight it and force people not to say what is on their mind. The best way to fight it is to subtly make racists feel inferior. They will subconsciously adapt. Sometimes the best way to do that is to personify them and exaggerate their racism to the point that it disgusts even them.
    test
  15. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

Racism will end in 2 ways...

1) Time - Years and years of racist motherfuckers dying off

2) And for you white guys who aren't racist not to just sit by or make subtle comments to their white friends, but make overt comments and get upset when their white friends say something racist.
    test
  16. Cedric

Cedric or otherwise Ced

@Introspectrum - I'm scrolling down, and race seems to be a hot discussion. [To the thread-creators,] Let's see some variety–it's bad enough that threads with a whole different agenda become steered towards such.

Not racist. Most of the attention lies in the "act"--it can quickly turn into an issue if Flow-Joe's friend decided to say or do things that his costume normally wouldn't, especially if it's to reduce the costume's image. Not everyone is in the position to satirize, but some [that are] are able to pull this off out of pure comedic bliss, and leave spectators laughing and none offended.

Public demonstrations are notorious for containing jesters whose ultimatum is to castrate an object or symbol, which has translated to racism in some past instances.
    test
  17. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

racism isn't practiced by whites only.
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

True, only white people are racist and bitch about other races in private company.

Which begs the question as to how you even know that it happens.
    test
  19. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Sure it is. It's a white disease, remember.
    test
  20. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

No...when I see white folks making racist or what may be perceived as racist comments in front of me, I check them on it. Do you? Or do you just be silent and bitch about it in your head?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.