R. Kelly Ditches Kitchen Sex, Gets Trapped In 'The Closet'

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Hpnotiq, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hpnotiq

Hpnotiq KISS MY ASS BITCHES

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1501331/20050505/kelly_r.jhtml?headlines=true

What takes precedence over sex in the kitchen? Being trapped in the closet.

R. Kelly has decided not to shoot a video for either "Sex in the Kitchen" or its remix. Instead, he's full steam ahead with plans to get in front of the camera for

the first installment of his five-part musical mini-drama, "Trapped in the Closet" (see "R. Kelly Hides From His Lover's Husband In 'The Closet' ").

"He never ceases to surprise me [with] how creative he is," Kelly's A&R rep Wayne Williams said about the mini-drama. "He just played ['Trapped'] for me. He called me in New York and was like, 'I'm not even gonna tell you about this, you gotta come to Chicago and hear this.' I went to Chicago, he played it for me, and I was like, 'Damn!' "

Williams said the video for "Trapped in the Closet" part one will go into production soon and his new album will be finished within the next two to three weeks. So far, Game, Fat Joe, Snoop Dogg, Twista and Elephant Man are all tentatively scheduled to appear on the still-untitled LP, which is slated to drop on July 5.

Williams said Kelly's new album will have a "different flavor ... it's going to be real interesting. He's like a melting pot; he's all about music, so he can incorporate all these different influences like hip-hop and reggae."

Besides his album, the R. is also planning to shoot a mini-movie for his entire "Trapped in the Closet" series. There's no word yet when or how it will be released.

Kelly has his magic hands on yet another project: a self-titled solo album by Gap Band singer Charlie Wilson, scheduled for release on July 12. Kelly executive produced the album, which features production by Justin Timberlake and Will.I.Am, Scott Storch, Dre and Vidal and the Pied Piper himself.

"Me and Snoop was bussin' for years, 10 years doing it," Wilson explained. "I said, 'I'mma go ahead and do this [album].' Snoop wanted to do it, but I said, 'This gotta be a big thing, Snoop.' He was like, 'Dog, why don't you try to get R. Kelly or somebody?' I said for my solo sh--, that might be cool to do.' "

— Shaheem Reid
    test
  2. da spec

da spec New Member

is there a remix to sex in the kitchen? does anyone have it?
    test
  3. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

I visited H-Town a couple of weeks ago and heard 'the closet' song on the radio. I was amazed! It was R.Kelly at his best. The lyrics and story telling blended perfect with the instrumentals and puntuated each other. He was doing Mos Def type shit with the track, except in song form.

"I grabbed my Baretta!!" Lol.. when his pager went off in the song, just as the coast was clear I was like DAMN! You could see the story happening, some cat chilling in the closet pulling out his baretta ready to go..
    test
  4. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

I don't like.
    test
  5. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

anybody beside me think that either kells is a fuckin' genius, or dude done ran outta shit to sing about, I mean fa real, (if u ain't heard part 2 don't read this)

A gay pastor, cmon now, dam near every reverend in the city was ready to kill this dude afta they played it, but fa real i think dude mite be reachin' a lil bit he mite be runnin out of ideas fa songs, but the shit is nuts they played the shit like every hour yesterday, i just wonder how trey songz feel knowin' he a gay preacher now, hmmmmmmmm
    test
  6. Hpnotiq

the preachers who get mad must be afraid something is gonna come out. cause if they are not on the d/l then they wouldnt get mad. I heard that preacher on WGCI yesterday all upset. for 1, what he doing listening to a secular radio station. its entertainment. these preachers will get over it. they can talk about people in their pulpits. but let someone call them out and they get mad. and this R&B soap opera has everybody talking.
    test
  7. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

lmao@the pastor bein gay

i was rollin at that shit

but i like the song good shit
    test
  8. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

thats wild. i persnally dont like all these songs with church in the title. where they say all kinds of religious stuff,

its disrespectful.

like fab, jim jones and cam all have songs involving that, and i think its wrong. the story on pt is bad?...likem im confused, they shouldnt have done that.

im sitting here thinkin about this great story and that makes me not want o hear any of it.
    test
  9. Dominic Bones

Dominic Bones New Member

h t tp://rapidshare.de/files/1042330/R._Kelly_-_Trapped_In_The_Closert__Chapter_1_.mp3.html

if you want it
    test
  10. StylisticS

StylisticS National Champions

Well I heard part 2. Shit is cray. But did yall hear Trey Songz Open the closet. He sounds exactly like R Kelly but the shit is nice. He lets you in the other guys shoes on the guy outside the closet. Shit is nice.
    test
  11. Hpnotiq

its life! preachers are not perfect. they have shit in their closets also.
    test
  12. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

he probably wont release part 3. he shouldnt put out ne more of the song til the album drops
    test
  13. StylisticS

I heard they premiered it in Detroit last Thursday already. Part 4 and 5 you will have to wait on.
    test
  14. Hpnotiq

parts 3-5 have not been released yet.
    test
  15. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Part 3 has too been released.
    test
  16. Hpnotiq

I just heard it on wgci.com i don't believe anything til i hear or see it for myself. i take no ones word for anything
    test
  17. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Oh shut up
    test
  18. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

test
  19. Dominic Bones

Dominic Bones New Member

part 3 was wack when i first listend to it but its hot after a couple plays
    test
  20. StylisticS

Hpnotiq. the shit was released and shit they played it on the radio here and it was bad but i heard it again and it wasnt bad. thought it would be better tho.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.