R.i.p....

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

[​IMG]

you will be missed....
    test
  2. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

and yet, you don't seem too broken up about it. still under warranty?

i have the elite, hopefully it's red-ring-of-death proof...or at least at lot less likely.
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

of course....red ring of death has a 3 year warranty, i got mine last summer......

not sure when i can send it in though, but i don't have time to play it anyway...
    test
  4. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

That sucks. I only saw the ring once...I don't think it always means that your Xbox has died. Sometimes it means that you need to vent it and the power supply a little better and it will work again. Try setting it up elsewhere..like the middle of your floor or something and see if it comes on again. I believe you need 4 lights to be flashing for the official "death" of the system. You only have 3..which is usually a ventilation issue/overheating issue.

Just try moving ur system to a different location..trust me. Your setup in this pic looks kinda suspect anyway.

Remember:

4 flashing lights=Dead Console
    3 flashing lights=Overheating
    test
  5. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

LMFAO
    Hilarious pic.
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Ummm did you even look at the pic. He couldn't ventilate that thing anymore without putting it in a walk in freezer.
    test
  7. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Dude, The WHOLE SYSTEM needs to be ventilated. The fans need to be blowing TOWARD an open area..not the back of a wall or entertainment stand. Also, I don't see his "power brick" in the pic..but it has it's own set of fans as well that need to be properly vented.....Preferably an open area on the floor. Trust me...I have my stuff vented and I don't have problems...AT ALL. People underestimate the amount of heat that comes out of that thing. Excess heat damages the vital parts of any computer. I'm not at all insenuating that it was Oursin's fault for his broken 360..but there are preventative measures that you can take. Usually, the same ones that you'd use for ur PC...would you point ur PC's fans toward a wall?...Probably not..and I have TWO fans on my PC.
    test
  8. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

3 lights is death...
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

shit dead......just like everyone says...it freezes a few times.....then the red lights.....then it starts up again, and froze one last time...now everytime i turn it on it just gets the red lights

funny thing is...i haven't played it in like 2 weeks....and only played like the bioshock demo and strangle hold last.....and it froze during stranglehold the first time too..lol...

wasn't even playing an actual game.....

gonna be a minute before i can get it fixed too since i got some issues with the reciept cause it was a gift
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

putting it on the floor will fuck up your disks by picking up the dust on the floor.....

and it aint needed to breath in over 2 weeks....maybe it died cause i didn't pay it enough attention........i think i brought it to the brink of suicide......i feel terrible now
    test
  11. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Yea, speaking of dust...I am starting to wonder what effects it has on the fans. Well, since you can clean then like you can a PC fan. Eh, if mine goes out..it just does. I won't even bother getting the stuff repaired. I have NO CLUE where my receipt is either. I'll trash it if it breaks...cause I'm not buying a new one. All I remember though is getting those 3 lights myself....I vented it a little better and I haven't had any problems since. I've been playing a lot lately since I have Bioshock.
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

lol. Well mine is in a cabinet and I never had any problems. Then again, I prolly dont play 13 hours a day like some of the people who prolly having the problems.
    test
  13. LiQuiD6

you dont need a reciept....they will cover your shit
    test
  14. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

It's right up against a wall lmao...wtf.
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

really?? I was reading the warranty shit and it said you needed one...i aint called up there yet though.....maybe i will give it a shot then.....i can get the reciept just gonna take a while
    test
  16. LiQuiD6

you would only need a reciept if the 360 had been out longer then 3 years....as of right now....there is no 360 older then 3 years old..so you dont need the reciept..they can look up your serial number and see the production date on the system
    test
  17. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

SWEET!
    test
  18. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

His 360 is 100 percent more ventilated than mine. Being against a wall, when everything else is exposed aint gonna cause the shit to over heat. If thats the case, Microsoft needs to make a model that levitates in the middle of the fucking room. Maybe we need to tie ropes to the shit and hang in underneath a ceiling fan?
    test
  19. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Mines not ventilated at all. It lays flat on carpet, as does the brick, right next to it.

I've heard of idiots suspending their shit in air.
    test
  20. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

My whole ring went red...and 5 minutes later it was like nothin ever happened. And it aint fucked up since.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.