R&B fell off harder than Hip Hop

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Knowledge, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

Maybe it's just me, but I rarely even play a R&B artist unless they have a rapper featured....
    test
  2. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

I guess that's where we differ. I only play R&B artists if they DONT have a rapper featured. Rappers bring the quality and the weight of the tracks down significantly.
    test
  3. quotive

quotive 3

I second this.

Example: Marques Houston - Veteran.

I skip the songs w/ rappers. ugh.
    test
  4. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

Yeah maybe that's my problem is I only hear those shitty rapper tracks... lol
    test
  5. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^Lol. I agree with SimpleMinded.
    test
  6. quotive

quotive 3

Damn fucking edit button lmao -dead- I meant to click quote.

Anyways word.

R&B will be better this year though.

The-Dream is coming outtt wooo.

His song with Mariah sucks though, hopefully he leaves that off and puts "Right Side of Ya Brain" on there.

That song > Anything else out right now.
    test
  7. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

The Dream? I guess....lol. He's good @ producing things...I'm more into vocalists. Then we have all these entertainers...where are the singers at. I know they're out there, they're just not in the spotlight.
    test
  8. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

this is how i feel, most of the time. I was just listening to Mario - Kryptonite and that song is fire until Rich Boy comes in. Dude fucks that song all up.

[youtube]YwVoElHMdJE[/youtube]

there are a few songs where i think the rapper does the song justice but for the most part, nahhh.
    test
  9. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

I liked most of the Dreams last album, but i've heard about 5 tracks this past month and they're all doodoo

especially that "If I Were A Boy" knockoff
    test
  10. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

i just heard that song w/ Mariah Carey. Its decent
    test
  11. quotive

quotive 3

What song is the If I Were A Boy knock off?

The Eyes of a Girl? I think that was supposed to be a demo for someone.. not sure though.
    test
  12. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

^Lol, maybe that was it. I didnt even pay attention to most of the lyrics, i just thought the whole idea was horrible.
    test
  13. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

I co-sign this.

The problem with the tracks with rappers is that a lot of times, they totally ditch any kind of strong lyrical base. Instead, so many of these songs seem to center around the fact that there IS a rapper on the track. So they are almost tracks about "being cool" and have no real meat to them.

I agree with you guys that it has worked in some cases, but it has to be done right.
    test
  14. Ancient Africa

Ancient Africa Member

ya r&b is terrible now because majority of the singers cant sing terrible voices but the production and the engineer make them sound decent. Yes these rappers come on their songs and their talkin about cars and jewels and the song is about love or breaking up. Also, with the song lyrics now it seems as though soulja boy might be the ghostwriter for the majority of r&b songs.. just like hiphop if it wasnt made after 1999 i wont listen

only the soul artist which they call in the mainstream neo soul i mess with..
    test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I still wanna bang Keyshia Cole, though... she looks like she would cry afterwards and then ask me if I was going to leave her... I'd be like, "nah baby, I'll be back... I'm just going to the store to get some blunts."
    test
  16. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

i think artists should go back to how they did it in the 70's and albums should be 10 songs max. Albums would be of higher quality and they could drop one every year like they used to.
    test
  17. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

Hear hear Hot Shyt! Short and sweet albums, cutting out the filler tracks. Especially if that keeps the prices to 10 dollars and less.
    test
  18. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I thought I was the only one who thought like that... most kids today will complain with the quickness if an album is too short... as if quantity trumps quality... but in today's highly consumerist world, it's all about downloading 25,000 songs into an iPod... I don't think I ever want to own one of those things... I'm still trying to cop vinyl.
    test
  19. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

Ignorant - Yea, it's bad when the reason iTunes took off so well is because it allowed people to buy only the songs that were good on albums and not all of them.

There shouldn't be a differenceeee
    test
  20. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

I think yall are trippin

Karina, Badu, Jamie Foxx, Mariah, NeYo, Lloyd, Usher, Jennifer Hudson, Jazmine Sullivan, Solange, Raheem DeVaughn, Keyshia Cole and more....all had good albums last year

This year Ryan Leslie really setting off the 09, Bobby Valentino's album should be straight, we got Maxwell & DAngelo supposed to make comebacks as well as Monica. J Holiday is dropping again...etc

R&B aint fall off the listener did...always complaining never satisfied
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.