Quick question...

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Joey Bonez, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey Bonez

Joey Bonez Text Album dropping soon

Will a Dynamic Mic with a Pre-Amp make a good quality difference? than a Dynamic Mic withough a Pre Amp...

*without anything extra, just a stock sound card...
    test
  2. ~Mister~Roush~

~Mister~Roush~ New Member

There is really no need for a preamp with a dynamic mic. The only time I would ever apply a preamp to a dynamic mic is if the preamp had built in compressors, EQ, emulation, expanding, etc... The only reason I would even do that is because the signal is generally better when you can cancel out processes such as the above mentioned before the mixing process. The less you have to edit with cool edit, acid, etc... the better. Especially if you have an average sound card. Otherwise the difference is barely audible if audible at all. That's my two. I hope that helps. pz. -Roush
    test
  3. Joey Bonez

Joey Bonez Text Album dropping soon

Thanx dawg, i was just curious...I plan on getting a condenser but i was just wonding...
    test
  4. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Dynamic is good for loud music. This is why you see rock and punk bands with the drums, the horns, and the lead screaming vocalist mostly using a Shure SM57. It is a dynamic mic that can hold its own.

But this is hiphop. And if you can't get a tube or a ribbon mic, then you better invest in a condenser.
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I agree with Roush the computer has its own power source and thats all an amp is just a power source
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.