Quick question...

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by *Iceman*, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

My boy made some songs with the default Mac music program, he didnt put any drums to it...

Is there a way i can load the whole song ont Reason or some other program so i can add some drums for him?...

I cant get the song into a sequencer track and i dont have pro tools...

Anyway i can do it with d/l more programs?...
    test
  2. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

You could load it in reason in readrum or an nnxt.. If I were you I would at least d/l adobe audition or audacity.. both very easy to get.. Audition is better if you can get it.. just load the wav file in a track and then lay your drums down
    test
  3. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

Tried that, i cant get it to play the entire length of the song, it keeps looping...
    test
  4. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

And i got old ass cool edit and recycle, the files are already converted to wav, just cant get it to play all the way through...
    test
  5. Mr. ROUSH

Ok.. are you using the step sequencer on the redrum to play the sample? If you are lighting up a pad to trigger the sample it will loop.. you have to actually play it using a midi controller.. or just draw midi note with the pencil on the redrum track in the sequencer window.. Use the sequencer window.. if you just want it to play once in whatever spot.. draw it in each spot where you want it.. make sense?
    test
  6. Mr. ROUSH

Also.. you could just automate mutes where you don't want the redrum to play.. you can draw automation with the pencil tool also.. in the sequencer window views..

a third way to do it would be to draw a pattern with the redrum which makes it just play once where you have drawn the pattern... it's easy as can be once you get the hang of it.. bit of a necessity really
    test
  7. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

I'll have to try it, the samples are like 3 plus minutes, full songs, thats too long to paint each note and have it play seamlessly tho right?...
    test
  8. Mr. ROUSH

Well that depends on what you want the actual length to be.. if you want the whole sample to play in the song for that 3 minutes.. then just plug it in once at the begginning and let it ride out.. if you wanted it say 1 and 1/2 then plug it in twice and trim the second loop back..

a very useful control on the redrum is the "length" knob on each channel.. you can make that sample stop anywhere you want if you need it to be shorter.. if the length knob is all the way up it will play the entire sample..

this could loop seemlessly, but you may have to do some editing to your sample wav file if it's too long or too short and doesn't loop perfectly.. you may need to trim the start or the end so that it's an equal amount of bars and note slightly more or less.. but that's all really pretty easy to do.. just a matter of leanring how..
    test
  9. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

Ima try it out, thanks for your time homie...
    test
  10. Mr. ROUSH

Any time pimpin.. good luck to you
    test
  11. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

Damn, that shit was easy, i have no clue why i didnt figure it out on my own, thanks again...
    test
  12. Mr. ROUSH

Anytime, more than welcome, and don't feel bad.. recording/mixing techniques are convoluted.. most everything is easy.. it's just there are so many little easy details to remember.. therefore they are easy to overlook.. and don't seem as easy as they really are initially by just looking at things..
    test
  13. beatchat.com

beatchat.com New Member

No advertisements.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.