questions for the "experts" in here...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by thaRooster, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

what would be wrong with a total body workout every single day? why is everyone so obsessed and hell bent on killing 1 muscle a week. why not burn every single muscle every day. for instance

start with chest, do some bench press.

after that do sayyyy some 21s on biceps

than some shoulder press

than some lat rows

than some skullcrushers

than go back to chest and do a different workout on each muscle

go through this rotation about 3x

than cap your day off with some pushups, pullups, situps etc

pretty much work out your whole body every day to the point where it burns afterwards but you not sore for the next couple days after. do this like 5 days a week.

why is that not accepted in the fitness world?
    test
  2. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

I'm not fond of isolating one muscle group per a workout either.

I prefer the Push/Pull routines much more.
    test
  3. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

You give your body no time to recooperate.

If you cut yourself, and you pick at it or peal the scab every day, it's never going to heal. Same with muscles.
    test
  4. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

dog its not muscle
    its 1 muscle group
    test
  5. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

word @ haze..
    i'd rather do somthing on a 3 day split like push/pull/legs
    test
  6. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

when u work out a certain muscle, u get a blood rush going in there to give it that "pump" look. there isnt enough blood to go around the entire body lol but seriously tho, most muscles u need at least 2 diff exercises to hit that muscle in a different spot so when u develop it, it will look mad nice. but if u stay in the gym for 4 hours working out your entire body, not only will u be completely drained, but u will also be overloading your body, which stunts your muscular growth. i read somewhere that max u should work out is 1.5 hours because then something in your body gets depleted and u wont be getting the same benefit anymore. i cant remember vividly what it said but its true. and when u hear about how bodybuilders and how kobe work out 6 hours a day or whatever, that doesnt mean they are working out their entire body, cuz they arent. they do like 3 - 4 exercises per muscle and about 3 sets of each, making their training session real long
    test
  7. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

You have to allow for the muscles to repair themselves.

By training every muscle, every day, to the point of burnout... you will keep tearing the muscles in an already depleted state. They won't really get stronger, you will just overtrain them and have meager gains.

That's a big mistake people make initially.

Say when you do the first work out your muscles are at 100%.

Then you work them to down to 40%, sleep and it's back to 60%.

Then you do your work out at 60%, and since you can't do the same work out with the same intensity since your muscles are sore, you work them down to about, 30%, sleep and it's back to 50%.

Etc etc... those percentages aren't accurate, just to give you a picture of what's happening.
    test
  8. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

im not saying to burn em out, im saying to burn em

and if you use the plan 4-5 days a week, wouldnt those 2-3 days rest be plenty?
    test
  9. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

why would u just burn your muscles, without completely exhausting them? u'll get minimal gains yet ull be putting in hours at the gym
    test
  10. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Im with you Roost.

But it is far more tireing and takes longer to recoup.
    test
  11. RedIye

RedIye New Member

Its scientificaly proven that after tearing a muscle it takes 48hrs to completely rebuild itself before the muscle starts to deminish again.

Working out every muscle, everyday, you would just be continuously re-tearing muscles and you would never truly achieve your goals. You would also most likely injure yourself over a long period of time.

I, myself, rotate days ie; I do shoulders/back one day, chest/arms the next and I do abit of cardio & abs everyday or every other.
    test
  12. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Lemme spit my fuckin knowledge on this shit.

I used to do all my muscles every day I lifted:

Mon. / Wednsday / Friday

YOu'd think 48 hours would work but no.

I got tired and shit so I cut it to Mon. and Friday.

And I was noticing my first 3 muscles (Chest, Shoulder and Triceps) was getting weight gains but my Back and Biceps was stuck where they were.

Than I asked some fuckas who are swole as fuck and they was tellin me that you run out of protein for your muscle lifting as long as I was doing (2.5 hours to get done w/ all that shit) so now I bring a protein bar and eat that shit right before I lift and I eat another protein bar right after my bench set so protein stays in my body.

True fact, that's why people isolate they muscles becuase it's less time so when you lift for 1 hour you use all the protein and don't go on another hour and a half w/ no protein like a car tryin to go on no gas.

TRUE SHIT!^
    test
  13. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

^is this ur life......bwuhahahahahah
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.