Questions? Comments? Complaints? Post Here!

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by TeKneeK, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsp2k5

dsp2k5 Dime Sack Pimp

^^^
    kool, thx gonna vote now ...
    test
  2. Master Peace

Master Peace coolest nigga yo mama kno

GotDammit! I thought it was write the better collab for the song.....you know.... like your verse should go in place to follow up the first verse pertaining to that songs era and whatnot.....I would wrote sumtin different. Shit I was too busy tryna match Too Shorts flow
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. ForeShadow.

ForeShadow. Topical Swag [ON]

Tek am i still in the league for next week? I just got back home tonight just wondering whats up?
    test
  4. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

ur off this week... i have to abide by no shows... so even tho it was a death in the family.... my condolences... but the fact that scatter didnt have u to show... i have to honor the rules and keep u off the week...

just sign in next week....
    test
  5. ForeShadow.

ight sounds good man. Hit me up if you need me to write something for the mag
    test
  6. TeKneeK

aim me... i got somethin for u
    test
  7. TeKneeK

nique... i need to interview u for mag on aim.

whts ur aim
    test
  8. ForeShadow.

I'm downloading it right now.. When its finished i will hit you up
    test
  9. Bonnie Bathory

Bonnie Bathory New Member

tek im signing on to yahoo right now... msg me BonnieBathory
    test
  10. Master Peace

Master Peace coolest nigga yo mama kno

No I'm sorri you must be confused.....my names Master Peace
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. Blitz_krieg

Blitz_krieg SAY WHA.........

yo Tek... you didnt really make this clear in the rules and you didnt get back to my pm..
    so am i still allowed to vote on this weeks matches even thought technically im not back in till next week?

get at me..
    test
  12. dsp2k5

dsp2k5 Dime Sack Pimp

did i vote on all of em? i think i did ... lemme know if i havent voted on your battle ... thx
    test
  13. TeKneeK

u cannot vote...

ur week starts tomrrow (monday)
    test
  14. Hush!

Hush! New Member

I never complain about nothing........BUTTTTTT

how u gonna say what goes to the beat how or whatever..that is all assumption cuz this is TEXT u cant tell how the next person say what..thier style.cadence.accent.delivery.breathe control. ect ect

to be honest i didnt even know we were supposed to write TO the beat cos that just dont make sense to me if we not spitting it.....dunno..I wasnt even usen that in my voting criteria at all I thought it was a concept thing..
    unless were all assuming ur gonna deliver it exackly like whoevas on the song which is kinda ridiculous...to me its like sayen you KNOW how good a chick can blow you cause the shape of her lips

for me it dont work..........before anyone cry sore loser for me it got nothing about votes battles or wins I truly dont care..its jus something that struck me as wierd maybe someone can illuminate me..for xample go download beats n then google rap lyrics

if u didnt know how the song sounds dont tell me u would just KNOW if a verse was onbeat or not..how u know where dude pauses/breathes or jus leaves a silence for effect purposes

ive wrote n recorded massive times before as Im sure some of u have..the beat starts where u jump in...its way to much assuming to say who would be on/off beat in this kinda thing

like I said before I didnt even write to the beat but I will conform n do that next week but either way I still see it the same
    test
  15. TeKneeK

^^^ it was a matter of time before someone was gonna bring this up... and the fact that were weeks into the league.... were coming to a point where were going to start analyzing more on verses we write and the voting process... stay tuned on the mag.
    test
  16. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

Yeah, flow seemed to be a big issue in the voting this week. Here's my take on it:

Yeah, it is just text but flow is implied. When you're given a song to write to, as was this week, you should atleast follow the beat. Atleast that's what I've taken outta this. And even when you're not given a beat you should still have flow to your piece. You can't have shit all stretched for a few lines then some short shit the next, ya know? Flow is honestly a big aspect I look at when I'm voting. If shit doesn't flow to a beat that I can imagine (or listen to while reading) then it's hard for me to want to vote for a piece. Some parts won't flow because as it was pointed out in some threads this week, some parts are more of a personal flow. But if the whole verse is hard to find a flow to by the amount of people who vote on battles (so on average about 8-10 a week) then it's just not there. I'm just sayin that even though it's text flow is still a part of writing. These past two weeks have been about collabs so there should be a flow aspect to it

^Just my opinion of it. My take is that it should be considered when voting
    test
  17. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

Tek, I just PM'ed you. And you can be on beat in text, which is why I was confused last week when people said my flow was off because of the breaks...I was actually switching up my flow. Depending on how the person reads it is how the flow is usually interpreted.
    test
  18. Bonnie Bathory

Bonnie Bathory New Member

i know i sound like a harsh bitch when i vote, its always been that way, and dont really point out nearly as many good things as bad things unless im super impressed... really im just tryin to get to the point the shortest way possible k, and give real criticism you can choose to take or leave rather than useless ass kissing... so if i say your verse didnt flow to me, and i couldnt make it fit on the beat or it read weird or didnt seem to fit with the flow of the song... instead of pointing out dope lines i liked or w/e... its not cuz i have some vendetta to rip you apart as a writer or i think you suck or im better than you or im starting shit or w/e, its just cuz thats what didnt appeal to me in your verse, and you can take it into consideration or not when you write your next one, its up to you... but its a real opinion, its short, its without the sugar coating and only written that way to get my point across the quickest way possible because id rather point out what i didnt like in both verses than what i did like, because what i do like can end up taking a lot longer, and im not tryin to spend all day on your battle giving you the $39.99 extended premium breakdown and shit...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.